IGNORED

New SILQ hotel

mito

• 6 months later...

I stayed there. It is a new hotel. The girls who work here are pretty hot and very nice. The manager and staff do their best to make you feel comfortable, and I did not have to pay to bring back lady guests. I highly recommend it. It is short distance from the metro station, and walking distance from both soi cowboy and nana plaza.

Edited by iamadream

I stayed there. It is a new hotel. The girls who work here are pretty hot and very nice. The manager and staff do their best to make you feel comfortable, and I did not have to pay to bring back lady guests. I highly recommend it. It is short distance from the metro station, and walking distance from both soi cowboy and nana plaza.

It sure does look nice..

How does it compare to Sacha Uno's hotel next door?

The rooms at Sacha's are quite small and you hear the soi traffic but they are also guest friendly..particularly if

you have a room in the block away from the checkin desk :)

i could not hear the traffic at silq. i havent stayed at sasha so it cant compare

Hi,

How were the rooms? Clean? Small or big? How was the bathroom? Daily maid and laundry service?

What was the room rate?

Thanks!

The rooms were standard size. I got the standard for 1800. The rooms were nice, as it is a new hotel, the rooms were good as new. The bathroom was new and everything was standard. There was daily maid, and i think there is laundry service available. i fully recommend it, if something is missing the manager on duty will do urbest to help you out

I often wonder about that hotel as i stay at Sashas Uno across the street its to bad its not guest friendly. Its a great location however.

I often wonder about that hotel as i stay at Sashas Uno across the street its to bad its not guest friendly. Its a great location however.

Which hotel are you saying is not guest friendly? Sasha Uno or SilQ??

• 2 weeks later...

The SilQ is definitely guest friendly - I stayed there 2 weeks ago.

The only issue with this place is that the rooms, and especially the bathrooms, are rather small. There is no tub, just a shower. The beds and bedding are superbly comfortable - comparable to a Westin Heavenly Bed or other 5* place, and a definite cut above most hotels in this price range. They have in-room safes, and the room amenities are quite high quality. It's about 50 meters past the Key and Grottino on the same soi, just 10m past Sacha Uno. They also have a free internet PC right near the front desk.

They also don't have a pool or a fitness room - which I wish they did.

I like the place, and find it fair value at $55-60 a night. Not so much if the rates are higher.

Edited by SeekerOfPoon

• 3 weeks later...

I stayed here for 4 days at the end of September and had a superior room which I am not sure was worth paying the extra for.

Anyway the room is pretty immaculate... I stayed on the 8th floor and had an amazing view out the front of the hotel...

Yes the bathroom is small... even cramped but it is furnished to a high standard.

Good selection of TV channels on the wall mounted LCD and lots of nice little touches such as dimmer lights... illuminated TV wall panel.. RFID activated door key.

Breakfast was pretty good also... as is the location.

It is guest friendly though the security guard asked me to check the girl in at the lobby which I declined. Oh and you can use the car park entrance if you like.

Overall I really enjoyed staying at this hotel...

I stayed in December.

I prepaid via the internet using my American Express card.

When I checked out they told me my card had not been charged.

I had to pay again at the rack rate.

I have asked AmEx to investigate this scam and try to recover my money.

Man there are some fine ass chicks who work at this hotel.. did any of you see the hottie that is just dressed up in a dress in the middle of the day?

• 1 month later...

I recently stayed for 4 nights in a deluxe room, I paid 2500 per night fully inclusive, but no breakfast, which I think is 200 baht extra.

The room and bathroom is very small, but I think it is a real bargain. Everything was better than I expected, except the Chinese chap who hogged the internet every morning, but after having a word with reception they did the right thing and moved him off.

• 3 months later...

Any new updates on this hotel?

Is it a far walk to Sukhumwit Rd?

Do they require prepayment?

It's not very far from Sukhumvit - 300 maybe 400 meters.

I don't think they require prepayment. But you will most certainly get a better price from one of the dicount hotel web-pages. And they do require prepayment.

All this being said I think there are you can get a better deal in the same area - maybe a little lower in quality, but better prices right now on the following:

Sacha's - almost right next to SILQ - closer to Suk. Not as good, but better price.

Grand Merure Residance Asoke - similar location as well. Probably better quality, and I've recently seen good prices - around 2,000 baht++

Key hotel - similar location, a bit closer to Suk, and on the other side of Asoke - a bit lower in price.

Swiss Grottino - similar location - around the corner - between Asoke and Soi 17 - good quality, better price (less than 2k)

You also might consider S15 - probably a bit more expensive, but the hotel is right on the corner of Suk and Soi 15, and better quality.

IBF, thanks for the hotel comparisons. Based on your comments, I'm particularly interested in S15, especially since it's on Suk.

As for SilQ being 300 - 400 meters from Suk, that's about four lengths of an American football field. Too far for my lazy bum!

IBF, thanks for the hotel comparisons. Based on your comments, I'm particularly interested in S15, especially since it's on Suk.

As for SilQ being 300 - 400 meters from Suk, that's about four lengths of an American football field. Too far for my lazy bum!

That is just an estimate - and is probably a bit on the high side. It's really not a bad walk - but could be a bit much during the mid day.

SILQ is a good hotel, it's just that in BKK there are so many options. And based upon prices I saw today (on Agoda and the like) I think SILQ is over priced compared to so many other options that are very close to them. (but some folks won't really care about spending a few hunder baht more per day).

If youy want something right on Suk or close to it, you might also consider Jasmine Suites - on Suk 23. The place is a bit older, but I stayed there over Songkran for a few days and they have done a solid job on upkeep. Most of the time you can get a room (studio) with a small kitchenette for less than 2k. And the location is great if you mainly go to Soi Cowboy.

Another option up that way is " S" Sukhumvit Suites. Fairly new hotel right on Suk, near the Asoke corner - around 1500-1750 baht. This gives you about the best possible access to both the MRT (Suk station) and BTS (Asoke station), as well as close to Cowboy.

For anyone that doesn't like the "walk of shame" then it is hard to beat the Swiss Grottino. This place is a restuarant/ hotel combo with decent German/Swiss food on the main floor, and the hotel above that. Your room key opens the a side security door that give you access to the elevator. Many times you won't see anyone around upon your return to the hotel - unless another guest happens to be returning at the same time.

And S15 is a very solid choice - great location for easy access to both Cowboy and Nana.

Edited by IBF

• 1 year later...

Anyone stay here recently? Can anyone comment on cleanliness of rooms, etc? :ThankYou9:

They've raised their prices from what I can see (>2000). Give it a skip. I liked it, but I wouldn't pay more than 1700 total. You can get something as nice for around 1500. wj