IGNORED

Khon Kaen

my_name_lob_u_like_me

iam heading of to Thailand in November for 6 months and dont think i could hack pattaya for the

whole time .

has any one been to khon kean , and could give me a bit of info on .... beer bars ,place to go,

places to stay, good Thai boxing Gyms

cheers

• 3 weeks later...
iam heading of to Thailand in November for 6 months and dont think i could hack pattaya for the

whole time .

has any one been to khon kean , and could give me a bit of info on .... beer bars ,place to go,

places to stay, good Thai boxing gyms

cheers

you wont be allowed near pattaya your girl wont allow you lol there was a tr on her somone did about khon kean he said it was a university town with little p4p scence so you,ll be well pleased sittin in the village eating bugs ans sticks with the girl and the family.enjoy yourself mate.

Hey, you guys have almost got the same name!

Wow that must have been a bit weird to bump into each other like that, kinda like being in a parallel universe or something :rolleyes:

my_name_noodles_u_like_me :)

On topic, never been there myself but will be heading up there soonish to visit someone i like a lot.

Edited by noodles

do a forum search and you will find some info about khon Kaen.........

I came back from Khon Kaen last monday after spending 4 nights there, we stayed in the Khon Kaen hotel which had superb rooms for 850bht a night and we spent at least an hour in Harem club everynight which is in the hotel, great place with really nice girls.

Other good places are Rad, Tawandang, Gucci club and U bar.

The beer bar scene is non existent and not worth trying too be honest.

Highlights for us were the coyote room in Rad which tops ANY gogo in Walking st IMO and live music at Tawandang.

You can look at KhonKaen.com but its well out of date as alot of the places on there are closed including the Nate Night Plaza.

:D

142.JPG

Teerak's from Khon Kaen & went up there for 4 nights last summer. It is a world away from BKK or Patts but I enjoyed it regardless. Here's a shot from Rad nightclub, mentioned by previous poster. I was the only Farang in there on the night we went!

going there end of this month, was there a year ago around songkran. Rad Disco Coyote room is great, very little english from the girls though, and I'm not sure if they are barfineable, I didn't make a move because I stayed in my mates house, in the baby's room surrounded by mickey mouse and bob the builder. I'm staying in a hotel this time.

Trust me, it's paradise. This is where the hungry come to feed.

For mine is a generation that circles the globe and searches for something we haven't tried before.

So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome.

Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it.

reeves.jpg

I came back from Khon Kaen last monday after spending 4 nights there, we stayed in the Khon Kaen hotel which had superb rooms for 850bht a night and we spent at least an hour in Harem club everynight which is in the hotel, great place with really nice girls.

Other good places are Rad, Tawandang, Gucci club and U bar.

The beer bar scene is non existent and not worth trying too be honest.

Highlights for us were the coyote room in Rad which tops ANY gogo in Walking st IMO and live music at Tawandang.

You can look at KhonKaen.com but its well out of date as alot of the places on there are closed including the Nate Night Plaza.

:)

Dave, any more info on the Khon Kaen hotel? locating, a website, pictures of the rooms? girlfriendly?

Trust me, it's paradise. This is where the hungry come to feed.

For mine is a generation that circles the globe and searches for something we haven't tried before.

So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome.

Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it.

reeves.jpg

The Soffitel hotel there is very nice and reasonably priced by UK standards.

Enjoy your trip!!

• 2 weeks later...

we been to khonkaen and found nothing exciting,,,but maybe we dont have a good plan before we came there,,,so its better go straight to udontani,,,it was nice and buzy,many bars,nice girl,,big city,,nice hotel where we stay was in silver reef,,not so great but acceptable near at the bus station,,we had been travel also in nongkai,,,and went to one of the restaurant just near at the mekong river,,and you can see the friendship bridge,,so i hope one day i can go to laos,,not only my eyes,,so go travel and had an experience!!!!!