Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Learn Thai on Youtube.

LaaMok

I thought these are pretty good! Entitled "How to talk to a Thai Girl"

"How to Speak to a Thai Girl's Parents"

The Travel Linguist - Thai 101

This next one is totally irrelevant, the celebrities are so fit I couldnt resist!

"Love" Thai-English language lesson

This next one is crap quality but it has content.

Here is one to remind you why you are learning Thai

Excellent Bryan, well researched, some good tips there, good for people to hear the correct intonation!

What an excellent post well done mate :P

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?
Oh..I nearly forgot..Ehhhh?

ALLEY

This song made me laugh, just how its presented.

"This song is about how Farangs first begin learning Thai. They like to answer "Nit Noi" which means a little bit. Can you speak Thai? "Dai Nit Noi." It's a very common expression. So I made this song about Farangs learning Thai and going to travel in Thailand."

Thanks, great post. You just made me realize I don't know jack. :001_Sawasdee: That last funny video didn't have any sound for me.

re: The Travel Linguist

I never thought of "mai pen rai" as something equivalent to "you're welcome".

You learn something new every day I guess.

I never thought of "mai pen rai" as something equivalent to "you're welcome".

You should let a more knowledgeable Thai speaker answer, but as far as I know mai bpen rai=nevermind or no problem I think the latter definition is where the "you're welcome" got deciphered. I'm still kind of iffy about this though I usually answer dependant on the context of why you are thanking the person. From my knowledge and what I've been told by all my Thai friends is that "yin dee khrap" is actually you're welcome. :Busted:

• 3 months later...

Bryan... thank you so much!!!! I'm 100% positive everyone appreciates the time and effort you put in!!!

=)

Edited by PuaNoi

"I hope you have a big trunk because I'm putting my bike in it."

October 2005 - 14 days in LOS / May 2006 - 21 days in LOS / Mar 2007 - 31 days in LOS

1344021681_454fc0b124_o.gif

1349393376_4a36e0afdc_o.jpg

• 11 months later...