IGNORED

Thai Neighborhoods

mixednuts66

I live on a soi in Pattaya that has one other farang living there, and he's never around so that leaves me. Even though the street is narrow and the houses are close together, it's really kind of quiet. There are sometimes, that you'll hear music or other stuff, but most time everyone is really considerate.

Where we live in Bung, I am the only farang living in the complex. They are still very considerate and quiet. I felt bad when we had our wedding because they started with the karaoke music at 5:30 in the morning. My wife said it was fine because everyone knew it was a special occasion and didn't mind.

I prefer to do everything Thai, I immerse myself in everything Thai I can. It's great and I love it.

Edited by mixednuts66

I live on Soi Yume next to Carefour. The foreigners are drunks, noisy as F**k and general pains in the ass. The Thais let their kids run wild in the streets until 2300-midnight. I guess they aren't concerned with their educations since the kids are probably sleeping in class due to staying up till the wee hours.

Definitely wouldn't recommend living anywhere near here as I am moving ASAP.

I think if you get further away from the beach and the congestion the people get more normal. It's like any beach resort town, everyone wants to live close to the action or a shopping area. I live up on soi khaownoi and I like, my wife is moving though because it's too noisy now. Maybe they were quiet when the large tattooed farang was home, I don't know...

I live on the darkside in a developement that is probably about 60% and 40% farang. All the houses are free standing and the soi is wide. In fact it is probably as wide as Si Khao Noi that the development comes off. I don't think I could live in one of the developments where all the houses share common walls on both side.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....