Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Prescription painkillers here ?

merlin99

seems i havnt brought as many of my UK prescription painkillers as i thought i had and have almost run out so does anyone know if you can get

co-proxamol painkillers here ? these are prescription strengh rather than the over the counter ones that you can get in the uk from chemists

failing that anyone know of a similer painkiller that i can get ? dont need them often but when i do i do

i relise i can go into a chemist or drugstore and ask but thought id ask on here first and cover all bases

They have very strong pain killers available with out prescription,

They have very strong pain killers available with out prescription,

i kinda guessed they would have seeing as i seen somone buy prescription drugs here without however i was after more specific info really rather than dragging myself around half a dozen drug stores

i dont really want to just take anything and be a zombie till they wear off (been there seen it and done the teashirt and dont fancy it again LOL)

i kinda guessed they would have seeing as i seen somone buy prescription drugs here without however i was after more specific info really rather than dragging myself around half a dozen drug stores

i dont really want to just take anything and be a zombie till they wear off (been there seen it and done the teashirt and dont fancy it again LOL)

Presumably you're talking about codeine. If that's the case then, as with all opiates in LOS, it's a prescription job. Legally, they can't even sell the likes of Nurofen Plus over the counter. Personally, I'd be wary of any pharmacy that offered me anything they said contained codeine.

Edited by filibuster

The strongest thing I've ever gotten OTC is Tramidol. Seems to be fairly available in many pharmacies. Probably not what you are looking for, but I've never tried for anything stronger.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enoughâ€

“If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?â€

Albert Einstein

Presumably you're talking about codeine. If that's the case then, as with all opiates in LOS, it's a prescription job. Legally, they can't even sell the likes of Nurofen Plus over the counter. Personally, I'd be wary of any pharmacy that offered me anything they said contained codeine.

bugger thats me kinda screwed then i guess, was sure i packed more as well

the tablets are kinda hard to get in the UK to be honest, they are on the named paitent only list of drugs

thanks for the info

as a footnote i dont suposse anyone has info on getting a prescription over here by any chance ? it must happen with all the expats somone sometime must need to see a doc and get tablets

Edited by merlin99

Have a look at what type of drugs you can take with you TO thailand before you even consider bringing medicine with you.

http://www.thaiembassy.se/info/Narco2004.htm

Taking medicine, even if its for personal use and you have a papers to prove it, could cause you trouble if you are stopped in customs, especially if the medicine you carry is on the list (eg Codine, which is under column 2)

As stated taken from the embassy page medicine from colum I and II are stricly FORBIDDEN to take in!

"Medicines containing ingredients mentioned in the schedule I on the List of Narcotic drugs and Schedule I and II on the List of Psychotropic Substances may under no circumstances be taken into Thailand, not even with a medical certificate. Medicines containing ingredients mentioned in the other schedules on the both lists need a medical certificate. All other medicines may be taken into Thailand without a medical certificate"

Just beware of what you bring. Thai do not take kindness on anything involving drugs and if caught you could end up behind bars!

Edited by speede75

Have a look at what type of drugs you can take with you TO thailand before you even consider bringing medicine with you.

http://www.thaiembassy.se/info/Narco2004.htm

Taking medicine, even if its for personal use and you have a papers to prove it, could cause you trouble if you are stopped in customs, especially if the medicine you carry is on the list (eg Codine, which is under column 2)

As stated taken from the embassy page medicine from colum I and II are stricly FORBIDDEN to take in!

"Medicines containing ingredients mentioned in the schedule I on the List of Narcotic drugs and Schedule I and II on the List of Psychotropic Substances may under no circumstances be taken into Thailand, not even with a medical certificate. Medicines containing ingredients mentioned in the other schedules on the both lists need a medical certificate. All other medicines may be taken into Thailand without a medical certificate"

Just beware of what you bring. Thai do not take kindness on anything involving drugs and if caught you could end up behind bars!

most of this i already knew or was aware of however your assuming that we all know what the drugs we take are made of or contain which for the main part we dont , im confined to a wheelchair through a work related accident in which i broke my back, the tablets i brought in were in my case , ive taken them to many countries without incident in the past over the last 15 years or so though i am aware of the problems doing so can cause but to be honest there are times that i cannot manage without them so have little choice in the matter overall even though i have developed quite a high pain threshold over the years

unless someone knows a magic cure for nerve related pains caused by spinal damage

I don't think clinics can prescribe opiates. I knew a European guy with severe back pains who had opiates prescribed by his Euro doctor. He got what he needed from Bangkok-Pattaya hospital. Not the cheapest option but an option if you can't get what you need any other way.

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. -- Mark Twain.