IGNORED

Koh Chang

anaconda19

If im coming in from BKK is it best to get an internal flight to Trat and then to Koh Chang from there? I'm going to do Chang first and then Pattaya.

• 2 months later...

Alright guys!

Can anybody recommend a company to go snorkeling with in Koh Chang? Anybody had a particularly good trip with a certain company?

I've seen one called Kontiki for 1500 baht with a gourmet lunch, not fussed for gourmet lunch to be honest. Just one with a decent guide and can provide a good day's snorkeling.

Cheers.

Aana resort at klong prao beach standard room is 5000 and jacuzzi room up to 9000

The Aana resort is actually not on a beach but up the river. I stayed there off season, think I paid about 1500. Here's a pic I took from my room, wasn't all that impressed with the resort.

aana.jpg

Retired

• 4 weeks later...

PLEASE GUYS NO DISCUSSION OF DRUGS.

OP please read the Forum Rules!

Thank God we can discuss illegal prostitution!

You can use logic to justify anything. That's its power. It's also its flaw.

Thank God we can discuss illegal prostitution!

If you want to discuss illegal drugs then join a drug related forum!

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Alright guys!

Can anybody recommend a company to go snorkeling with in Koh Chang? Anybody had a particularly good trip with a certain company?

I've seen one called Kontiki for 1500 baht with a gourmet lunch, not fussed for gourmet lunch to be honest. Just one with a decent guide and can provide a good day's snorkeling.

Cheers.

try bb-divers

i went scuba driving with them a few times and it was great, i think they do snorkeling as well

http://www.bbdivers.com/

cheers

not amention of weed in the post.what gear might you bve on dope freak

it was removed from the OP by a moderator

This post has been edited by Alleycat: 12 May 2009 - 03:06 AM

Reason for edit: Removed reference to drugs

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:52 PM

Alright guys!

Cheers.

There are boats that leave from Bang Bao, once a fishing town, which is just south of Lonely Beach that do diving and snorkelling trips to surrounding islands.

this was my bungalow at lonely beach, koh chang

my hut, koh chang 1.jpg

the view from my bungalow. unfortunately you can't stop progress. and thai progress works 7 daysa week!

view from my bungalow 1.jpg

my neighbourss bungalow.

next door hut,   koh chang 1.jpg

Cheers for the advice guys.

As it happens we didn't go with Kontiki but another local firm but did go from Bang Bao (nice place that is too). The snorkeling was good although I think I've been spoiled previously with my first real snorkeling experience being in the Red Sea (two weeks before the shark attacks!).

:Scared2:

Still, we managed to see some good stuff like a shoal of 'big eyed' fish, the guide on the boat reckoned they could group into ONE MILLION of them at a time! Don't know how true this is, or if it's even possible but I did see a shoal that must have contained thousands of them, amazing sight.

Also took in the stunning Koh Rang on that trip.

bangbao.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone ever stayed at Paddy's Palms White sands?

I stayed there in Feb 2011, for about 5 days...

Very quiet hotel, located just outside (south) of the main "urban area" of White sands. About 2 minutes walk from little Pattaya, a group of about 15 bard, where the nightlife is located ;-)

Basic comfort but clean, room with airco, TV and fridge. Reasonable prices, even if a little bit on the high side (I paid 1200 baht/night high season). Inclusive breakfast for 2 in the pub (choice between rice soup/english breakfast or fruit). For the breakfast, you have to collect a voucher at the hotel reception before ordering!

There is a nice little swimming pool, but not enough sunbeds!

The beach is quite far away and honestly the name "white sands" is a false promise.

Better to rent a bike and go further south on the island...

This hotel is guest friendly, you do not pass through the reception to join your room! There is one security guard at night, on the parking located behind the pub (the hotel blocks are located behind too...), but he just smiled when I came back with a girl, no ID and no question asked...

PP.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I also stayed at Paddy's, about 18 months ago, very handy location, nice rooms which did include breakfast.

Only downside was that early in the morning you can hear anyone who was talking in the hallway.

• 3 weeks later...

PLEASE GUYS NO DISCUSSION OF DRUGS.

OP please read the Forum Rules!

Quite right! Only discussion about chronic boozing and illegal prostitution allowed!

It was the "Dusit Princess Koh Chang"

here is the web site for it, just pick Dusit Princess Koh Chang from list to view

http://www.dusit.com/hotels.html

Here is a few more pics, we had a Beach Front Deluxe King Room for 2400 per night mid week

including Breakfast, rate will depend on when you go.

DSC_0059.jpg

DSC_0073.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

This hotel looks very nice & the room looks excellent.

Might have a few days her on my next trip.

:001_Thank_You5: :001_Thank_You5: :001_Thank_You5: :001_Thank_You5:

I've also stayed at the Dusit Princess. One option they offer is the Villa Room with private pool. The pool is small,

but has 10 foot wall around for privacy. There's an underwater flood light for night swimming, and a waist-high ledge that your girl can sit on while you make waves.

post-4665-079537900 1285720365.jpg

Now that pics screams class & fun.

If I hit this place I think it will be best to take 2 or 3 girls ??????

Thanks PC.

:001_Thank_You5:

Now that pics screams class & fun.

If I hit this place I think it will be best to take 2 or 3 girls ??????

If you want to be classy .. take one. If you want fun .. take two or three.

:rolleyes:

If you want to be classy .. take one. If you want fun .. take two or three.

:rolleyes:

HA HA . Point taken.

:001_Thank_You5: