IGNORED

Flights from Scotland

gummi

hi guys just wondering if any of you could give me any info on what airlines you have used to fly from scotland that have good deals on flights about november time? would b willing to travel from down south if the price is good. any info would b appreciated. i have seen a few but just wondered if there were any airlines that i might not have looked at.

hi gummie...prefer aberdeen to schipol.bangkok..can be had now for £466 great deal...klm from abdn...china airlines out of schipol..can recommend...bb....

hi bill thanks that is how we flew in march didnt realise u were gettin flights at that price a the mo from klm. ill check out the china arilines.

hi, i always use emirate from glasgow stopping off in Dubai, got my september flight for £430, always good inflight entertainment and food

hi, i always use emirate from glasgow stopping off in Dubai, got my september flight for £430, always good inflight entertainment and food

Emerates are very good, used them many times, but they have a long stop over in Dubai aprox 8-9 hrs each way hence the cheap fare

I have just booked my next flight to LOS for September with KLM 13hr 45min outward flight £516.00

Doing the net searching you probably get the same prices for travelling from either Glasgow / Edinburgh than comparing down south pricing.

The main difference with getting yourself to London is that you can get the non-stop flight if that is important to you.

KLM can come up with cracking deals from Edinburgh (£355 a couple months ago).

Qatar was probably the best company Ive ever flown with for comfort, but via Doha.

Emirates is from Glasgow and you will normally have a 2 to 5 hour wait in Dubai for your connection.

So to answer your question, unless you are wanting 12 hours of continuous flying, then there is no big savings to be had if you can keep an eye out for the deals and book when they pop up.

thanks for all the advice guys not to keen on the 8-9 hr stop in dubai but will def give emerates and qutar a look. guess its just about timing just wondering whether would b worth waitnig a bit c if there are any deals come up in the next few weeks.

Hi, i agree there are a few emirates flights with long stopovers in dubai but if you look carefully there are also 15 and 16 hour flights with the stopover, my flight has a 3 hour wait in dubai that gives you a chance to stretch the legs and do some duty free shopping, i have used emirates over 10 times now and they have always been on time if not early

Flown Emirates a couple of times. Always found the 3-4 hour stop in Dubai a real mood killer. Last time I got a cheap flight from Glasgow to LHR, then flew direct. Far better for me, and not a lot more expensive. There are some good deals on LHR to BKK about at the moment. Might well be looking myself in a few weeks when I finish this job I'm on.

Regards

H.

"I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one." Jay Z, 99 Problems, The Black Album

• 2 weeks later...

hey all,

I`m flying out to Patts on the 26th september for a month, if any of you are in town at that time, get in touch for a beer.

I paid £522 with Qatar, have since seen a return flight for £422 with Emirates, best to keep an eye on flight prices, then jump in when it suits best.

I use netflights.com.

hi guys just wondering if any of you could give me any info on what airlines you have used to fly from scotland that have good deals on flights about november time? would b willing to travel from down south if the price is good. any info would b appreciated. i have seen a few but just wondered if there were any airlines that i might not have looked at.

sorry can not recomend anything up north as i live down south but if flying from the south it is worth while telephoneing west east travel and asking if they have any deals on with thai airways as they normally do but only if you phone and ask so anyone want to try here is the number 0844 815 8899 hope this helps someone good service as well + straight flight no change overs

What KLM like to fly on, food, movies etc etc, im going 2 be using them in a couple of weeks, from Aberdeen 470 quid!!

Flew KLM last year, good enough, food what you`d expect on a plane, movie screen was right above my head so unable to watch, a lottery as where you ended up sitting. Got me there and back on one piece.

if you can get a deal with emirates then go for that, pleasant journey, nice hosteesses to look at and time for shopping in dubai's airport!

booked a week ago , klm , china airlines return £ 480 , thats from aberdeen scotland

also the best deal ive had in 9 years and 24 trips....

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know if you've booked up yet, but if not, keep your eye on a website called MOBISSIMO.

I'll practically guarantee that this will give you the cheapest deal from anywhere.

I booked up with KLM from Glasgow thanks to this mob and got it about £250 cheaper than my preference of Emirates, which, I think, is still about £700 for a decent flight with about a 3 hour wait between fights.