Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Multi entry visa runs

derrylad

just a quick question, when i go to renew my visa is it easy to do it on my own? or is it better to pay one of travel agents in pattaya who offer this service

wouldnt mind knowing the answer to this myself seeing as i need to do it in the next week or so myself , not sure i fancy the 10 hour buss/car ride though that it entails

It would help if you posted what type of visa you are after. Also it is illegal to apply for a visa for Thailand while you are in Thailand. Sure some agencies do offer the service but it is dodgy.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

It would help if you posted what type of visa you are after. Also it is illegal to apply for a visa for Thailand while you are in Thailand. Sure some agencies do offer the service but it is dodgy.

it's the non immigrant type o visa that requires you to leave after 90 days. sorry i should not have said i want to renew visa i just mean the stamp i have to get re-enter thailand after 90 days

just a quick question, when i go to renew my visa is it easy to do it on my own? or is it better to pay one of travel agents in pattaya who offer this service

I am not quite sure what your visa type is, so I will give the different means for renewal, as well as a rough cost.

If you are on a limited number of entries, after your entry is used up, you can go down to the Immigration office in Jomtien, and get a 30 day extension for 1900Baht. Many of the visa run companies, knowing they will gain your business for the actual visa runs, will do this paper for the extension for you, free of charge. Great deal there I think.

As to the visa runs, if you are just talking about having to leave the country to renew your visa, or use another entry, Cambodia is probably the quickest and cheapest place to go. For the lack of hassle involved, the 1500-2500 per person you pay, is well worth the money. You are guaranteed your visa renewal, and these guys get you in and out pretty fast. True it is about 9-10 hours, but they have 2-3 stops on the way each way, and with DVD's to occupy your time if you don't feel like sleeping, you can leave a 6am, and be back by 3pm, in my experience anyways.

Now if you are on something like a tourist visa, or even a non-imm, or even need to change the status of your visa, then you would be best off going to do the Laos visa runs. 9k is about average for these, and they again guarantee that you will receive whatever kind of visa you are applying for. That is a 100% guarantee for the time being, you can't beat that with a stick. Those runs, are about 12-14 hours to get to Laos, where you bypass the long lines of people waiting, and shoot right into where you drop off your visa. While they used to just let them drop off the visas and you waited at the hotel, now they at least require seeing your face at this time, to ensure you are actually there. From there its off to the hotel in Vientiane, where you should get your dinner fairly early, as most places are closed by 8-9pm, and everything is closed by midnight. Midnight however, is when the P4P scene starts, so wandering around, you will do well on your own, no need to ask a Tuk Tuk or rickshaw driver, where the hotspots are.

Next morning, you wake up to breakfast provided for you, then you pass back through customs getting your passports on the way with your new visas, and then on to the drive back to Patts.

While you can do all of this stuff yourself, and pay for your own transportation to take you and drop you off, you will be waiting in these lines, and you will be waiting all day even if getting there early. Also, you are at the mercy of the Thai immigration officers, and you are in no way guaranteed the visa you are applying for, even by slipping a few hundred baht.

Personally, I think the visa companies are great to deal with. Renting out private transport, would only be worthwhile if there was at least 2-3 guys going, to split the cost. This would be much more comfortable then being in a van with 6-11 other people, but again, you have to weigh the cost, and time involved waiting. For the most part though, if your paperwork is in order, you can do a private visa run, instead of a pre-arranged one.

Hope that answers your questions a bit.

it's the non immigrant type o visa that requires you to leave after 90 days. sorry i should not have said i want to renew visa i just mean the stamp i have to get re-enter thailand after 90 days

You have to physically leave Thailand to get a further 90 day stay. if you go to a land crossing you can re-enter immediately. Just do what everyone else does and get on one of the visa run busses.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Pattaya has many visa run companies with starting prices of around 1,800baht all in, well, sort of all in anyway, Witherspoons Pub and Restaurant charges 2,400baht, this place is a right pig to park at even if you go by bike and is quite hard to find due to lack of noticeable signage, it is on Soi Bua Khao opposite Soi Diana Inn, next door to Oasis agogo, so why do they charge so much?

It is actually a pretty good deal, they call themselves 1st class visa run service, the initial good bit about it is their minibuses only have 6 seats, yep a nice big seat with loads of leg room, most mini buses seat 9 in the back, one time is enough if you have ever been on a full bus

The bad point about all these visa run services is the no smoking and the ridiculous hour you have to get up, yes, there are two 5 oclocks every 24 hours and one of them it is still dark, so it's a difficult decision whether to stay up all night, or, get pissed up the previous afternoon and pass out about 8pm, I went for the passing out at 8pm.

Another way of recognising the restaurant is by the 2 English style telephone boxes outside.

Rember the new rules. If you have a 30 days visa you only get 14days on a border run now. And if you got to the Immigration Office in jomtie you only get 7 days for 1900Bath.

Best of luck to you.

24095&textColor=0&datesColor=0&year=2010&month=3&day=12&hour=7&minute=0&second=0&x=9&y=158" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /><br><small><a href="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/">MySpace-Countdown-Clocks</a></small></center>

I use Cambodia Inter on Soi Buakhao who charge 1800 Baht. The last trip I went on, I found myself talking to one of the guys on the bus, who surprised me when I learnt they were from Witherspoons and they had paid 2400 baht for the same bus and same trip, go figure.

When I got back I asked the Thai Visa guy in the shop. The 1800 Baht is the maximum he's allowed to charge by Pattaya's authorities. It seems there are many visa run places in Pattaya, but only three or so main companies allowed to run to the border. Seems all the other visa places book with these three when you book with them. So who do you thinks ripping you off now?

• 2 weeks later...

Don't you need a visa to enter Cambodia? Or do you get a Cambodian visa at the border? How does that work?

Don't you need a visa to enter Cambodia? Or do you get a Cambodian visa at the border? How does that work?

Yes you need a visa, it can be purchased on arrival.

come to the visa office visa2britain at the beach road, we will do that for you

or call me

0853918275 peter

I would recommend the VIP service the sportsman offer on soi 13. I have used them once before and they do everything for you. Just make sure you do not get the seat next to the driver as that has no leg room.

Pattaya has many visa run companies with starting prices of around 1,800baht all in, well, sort of all in anyway, Witherspoons Pub and Restaurant charges 2,400baht, this place is a right pig to park at even if you go by bike and is quite hard to find due to lack of noticeable signage, it is on Soi Bua Khao opposite Soi Diana Inn, next door to Oasis agogo, so why do they charge so much?

It is actually a pretty good deal, they call themselves 1st class visa run service, the initial good bit about it is their minibuses only have 6 seats, yep a nice big seat with loads of leg room, most mini buses seat 9 in the back, one time is enough if you have ever been on a full bus

The bad point about all these visa run services is the no smoking and the ridiculous hour you have to get up, yes, there are two 5 oclocks every 24 hours and one of them it is still dark, so it's a difficult decision whether to stay up all night, or, get pissed up the previous afternoon and pass out about 8pm, I went for the passing out at 8pm.

Another way of recognising the restaurant is by the 2 English style telephone boxes outside.

Rember the new rules. If you have a 30 days visa you only get 14days on a border run now. And if you got to the Immigration Office in jomtie you only get 7 days for 1900Bath.

Best of luck to you.

From what I hear, there is a transport company doing smaller private rental runs. Smoking optional as well. Only taking 4 people per trip, and this is solely for the drive. You can actually have a visa company do all the paperwork for you. I suggest you talk to Azzey on that one, he can sort it all out for you. and you can email me for the prices on the transport.

i have one of the 1 year multi entry visas,however i live in bangkok.for my personal choice i just go to the airport fly to K L and straight back 4 hour 30 min trip 4000 baht but im not stuck on a mini bus with a load of people i dont know,i have read horror stories on other sites about the drunk trouble makers you can end up with,could'nt put up with that.

but i do visit patts at the weekend with the wife a lot of people here do.