IGNORED

Tip: Pattaya Tops -> Bangkok Victory Sq.

koenig

just something i wanted to share which may already be listed here:

on my last trip, i took a mini-van from outside the Tops supermarket on 2nd road to Bangkok Victory Square.

the cost was 150 baht per person and the drive about 2 hours. van was comfy and so was ride. more so than any taxi i've taken.

the van was half-empty but i can't imagine it being less comfy even if fully-packed.

should be easy to catch a taxi to airport or any other destination in Bangkok from Victory.

If you travel from Patts to Victory Sq, you have to go with-in 2 KM of the airport, get them to let you out early

If you travel from Patts to Victory Sq, you have to go with-in 2 KM of the airport, get them to let you out early

not sure they would do that. i was going to Morchit to catch a bus to Korat as all departures from Patts were fully booked 3 days ahead.

not sure they would do that. i was going to Morchit to catch a bus to Korat as all departures from Patts were fully booked 3 days ahead.

Back from Pats to BKK, hit up one of those taxi pimps on 2nd rd. Lotsa Bangkok taxis head back deadheaded and will do it cheap. 800 baht shouldn't be a problem if you're firm. Get out there early, give him your offer, give him your phone #, and see who bites. It's worked 4 or 5 times for me. wj

There are mini buses in front of Central , Tops and Carefore in fact.

I think the one in front of Tops leaves every hour and sometimes it is packed and you end up buying a que ticket.