IGNORED

British/Irish Lions Tour South Africa 2009

welshwonder

Hi guys, i know Pattaya isnt exactly rugby orientated but any suggestions were if any pubs will be showing live games of the mid week games and tests of the British Lions tour. :)

I'm told Noi's bar on soi khao noi are showing all the games :)

jamesons and shenanagins will certainly be showing them

:GoldenSmile1: thanks guys much apprecaited :GiveBeer1:

Saw many of the Tour games in NZ 4 years ago in the Premiership Bar in Soi Diana. "Our chaps" the British & IRISH Lions were hammered in the Test Matches. :rolleyes:

Saw many of the Tour games in NZ 4 years ago in the Premiership Bar in Soi Diana. "Our chaps" the British & IRISH Lions were hammered in the Test Matches. :rolleyes:

haha it's very strange how many brits forget the IRISH :P and yet they have more players in the squad than any of the other nations :D

In fairness to WELSH WONDER he had included us in the title thread. Only spotted that after I posted.

In fairness to WELSH WONDER he had included us in the title thread. Only spotted that after I posted.

yeah i missed that also :D will be very surprised if the lions win the series over there :Laugh1:

Hi guys, i know Pattaya isnt exactly rugby orientated but any suggestions were if any pubs will be showing live games of the mid week games and tests of the British Lions tour. :GoldenSmile1:

MOLLY MALONES ON Walking Street SHOWING ALL GAMES

Hey Growler

the lions wouldnt be the lions unless our Celtic brothers across the water were there, thou it pains me to say it but the Irish were the best team in the 6 nations and deserve the captaincy of the Lions, but there was and is only captain of the Lions WILLIE JOHN Mc BRIDE , that team he led was awesome .

Hey Growler

the lions wouldnt be the lions unless our Celtic brothers across the water were there, thou it pains me to say it but the Irish were the best team in the 6 nations and deserve the captaincy of the Lions, but there was and is only captain of the Lions WILLIE JOHN Mc BRIDE , that team he led was awesome .

WELSH WONDER, Yes we had an overwhelming 17-15 victory in Cardiff to win the lot. :Number1a: Willie John was Captain in South Africa in 1974. I would have thought the 1971 team in NZ was better and probably the greatest every Lions team captained by John Dawes? I think there were a few Welshmen on that team. :Number1a:

I was at Kingspark for the game against Natal. I was 15

I was used to SA rugby but had never witnessed anything like the thuggery I saw that day. Call 99 had really wound the locals up all tour and when it went up that day the stadium went into uproar.

The worst act of sporting violence I ever witnessed then took place - all 15 Lions throwing punches and boots. By far the worst offender was JPR Williams, a full back and a doctor to boot. He should know that repeatedly punching the head of a guy who is already practically unconscious is not really a good thing to do.

SA rugby had always had a reputation for violence (anyone remember Rumpy?), and Call 99 was a counter to what the Lions were expecting out there, but it was lame stuff compared to the organised violence dished out at Call 99 that day.

As a Brit we got some serious shit in the stands.

I have to say it was shocking and something I will never forget.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

WELSH WONDER, Yes we had an overwhelming 17-15 victory in Cardiff to win the lot. :P Willie John was Captain in South Africa in 1974. I would have thought the 1971 team in NZ was better and probably the greatest every Lions team captained by John Dawes? I think there were a few Welshmen on that team. :Chokdee:

Over whelming win 17 - 15 :Laugh1: what you dont relise growler my old mate is the WRU told Gatland to send out his 2nd XV team because we had already won the Grand Slam 10 times lastly in in 2005 and 2008 , and we were promised an unlimited supply of Guiness from the Irish rugby union if we let you win :Beer1:

As for the legendary John Dawes and King Barry Johns 1971 Lions tour of NZ and even the team coach Carwyn James, its a well known fact that it was not a British/Irish Lions team but a Welsh Lions team that won that series :22600584-Th:

Over whelming win 17 - 15 :Laugh1: what you dont relise growler my old mate is the WRU told Gatland to send out his 2nd XV team because we had already won the Grand Slam 10 times lastly in in 2005 and 2008 , and we were promised an unlimited supply of Guiness from the Irish rugby union if we let you win :Beer1:

As for the legendary John Dawes and King Barry Johns 1971 Lions tour of NZ and even the team coach Carwyn James, its a well known fact that it was not a British/Irish Lions team but a Welsh Lions team that won that series :GoldenSmile1:

Welsh Wonder,

Surely you know too much of the black stuff causes inferiority complexes. :D

MOLLYS WILL ALSO BE SHOWING HEINEKEN CUP FINAL BETWEEN LEICESTER AND LEINSTER ON SATURDAY 23RD MAY 11PM KICK OFF.

• 5 weeks later...

First Test was a cracker.

Terrible start for the Lions and I really feared a humiliation.

Last quarter we were creaming them and it ended close.

Will be very very hard to win at high altitude now but at the end of the day there are 15 men on both teams and the ball goes further for both teams. I am more concerned about the loss of Byrne (player of the tour and maybe currently the best in the world) than I am about the altitude.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!