IGNORED

Walking Street restaurants?

Eaten In Zab at start of W/s a coupleb of times, not bad. Also been to that seafood restaurant where they have the branch opposite, but vcan't remember the name. Also not bad. Seriously recommend that you avoid the boat in the Bay, was sick for 24 hours after that experience. Also got pissed off with the waiter asking me to sign to show how much I had given for a tip. I changed the figure to zero and gave him the cash instead.

" We didn't necessarily believe you. We believed your $50". Sam Spade (Humphrey Bogart) "The Maltese Falcon"

"What did it matter where you lay once you were dead? In a dirty sump or in a marble tower on top of a high hill? You were dead, you were sleeping the big sleep, you were not bothered by things like that. Oil and water were the same as wind and air to you." Raymond Chandler: The Big Sleep

• 4 weeks later...

Howdy, while there in June I ate in a German/Thai restaurant. The name escapes me now :10of10Score: but it is on the left just before you enter Walking Street from Beach road..Its right across the street from Subway. You'll know the place as it has a bunch of pastry displayed in cases outside. The spaghetti was tremendous as was the Hunter Schnitzel. My TG had Pod Pot (Sir fried beef) one night and then Moo Lahb (Pork) another trip there. I'm not much of a seafood guy either so I was looking for other places and found this one. I'll be back there in Oct and can post the name then. I'd really recommend it plus the owner/Chef came out and ask if everything was good and we sat there and had a nice chat as well...Have fun and hope you find some good foods. Please post when you do...

• 1 month later...

Howdy, while there in June I ate in a German/Thai restaurant. The name escapes me now :Grin_Jump1: but it is on the left just before you enter walking street from Beach road..Its right across the street from Subway. You'll know the place as it has a bunch of pastry displayed in cases outside. The spaghetti was tremendous as was the Hunter Schnitzel. My TG had Pod Pot (Sir fried beef) one night and then Moo Lahb (Pork) another trip there. I'm not much of a seafood guy either so I was looking for other places and found this one. I'll be back there in Oct and can post the name then. I'd really recommend it plus the owner/Chef came out and ask if everything was good and we sat there and had a nice chat as well...Have fun and hope you find some good foods. Please post when you do...

I guess you mean 'European & Thai food', gosh why don't they give the place a name?

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE PLACE

Anyway, I've been to place a couple of times, they have the best pea soup I ever ate! And what's better in a cold and rainy climate like patts. :Grin_Jump1: Also heard they have one of the best breakfasts, but I didn't try that out yet.

• 2 weeks later...

My top 3 Walking Street dining spots:

1. Swiss food on Soi Diamond - excellent beef fondu with 7 or so different dipping sauces and crisp fries. They also have a decent salad bar, cheap house wine and 3 or 4 nightly specials at reasonable prices.

2. Molly Malone's - I go there specifically for the roast chicken, which is prepared with rosemary and shallots, and served with a huge heap of mashed potatoes.

3. For a light dinner or snack, try Pattaya Beer Garden at the entrance to Walking Street. Basic pub fare and very cheap prices. Beer is also cheap. They are trying to be a freelance bar, but I don't normally see many girls there. However, nice early evening warm up spot for cheap beer and nice views.

L'Italiano would get my vote. Yeah, it's a bit over-priced, but for that quietness, good service, good food and overall nice feeling of the place makes me like it.

• 2 weeks later...

P.72 was pretty bad the few times I ate there. I got Thai food and it was bad, cooked with tons of oil. Even the times I've gone with Thai girls, they didn't like it.

I'd say the best food I've eaten on WS is at Bartime. They use very good quality ingredients, have a nice menu and the value of the set menus are excellent. The presentation is nice, the atmosphere is better than most 4 star joints back in the States and they have good espresso for a quick pickup before hitting WS. It's not a super cheap place but it's a very good place and they serve food till 3am. King Seafood is also very good. The Italian place near Lucifer has good pizza but the pasta is so-so, they're open till 2am.

The Thai place at the entrance to WS is good if you want a cheap bite and Goodfellas has some good food as well as a great balcony where you can watch all the characters on WS below.