IGNORED

Emailing to / from Thailand

Proffesor

Hi Guys,

I'm new to Thailand, having been once ( 3 weeks at Secrets, 6 weeks ago ), but I'm coming back mid May for a month to travel the country. I'm also a comparative idiot when it comes to all matters technical. I'm an engineer to trade, so used to fixing things that I can see and feel, all this electronic stuff is "White Mans Magic" as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, whilst I was in Pattaya, and later when I was in Bangkok before flying home, I was able to recieve Emails as usual on my Laptop; however, when I repied to them, in the usual way, I would get a message a couple of hours later saying :-

This is the AVG E-mail Scanner program.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that the message returned

below could not be delivered to one or more destinations.

The e-mail server has responded with the following error:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Cannot open SMTP connection to '79.143.158.209'

Connect: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. (10060)

Can you please tell me what I need to do to rectify this ?

I'm quite happy to buy the ( first ) provider of a ( sucsessful ) solution a drink ( at Secrets on the 15th May )

Thank-you in anticipation.....................

The SMTP server you are using is in the UK ( securesend.lawyersonline.co.uk ) check with them on 0845 388 67 94 and I suspect they are not allowing connections from outside the UK.

You may find if they support TTL or SSL encryption enabling those options would resolve the problem.

Edited by TurtleInAsia

kamagrauk.co.uk-banner-monthly-international-120x60.gif

use_opendns_155x52.gif

Thanks for the offer, but don't worry just enjoy your holiday & don't try to work to much.

O.K. I'll get intouch with the ISP ( Lawyers on Line ) and see if they can talk me through it.

That's 1 I owe you. Ta very much. Will I see you in Sercrets on the 15th ?

kamagrauk.co.uk-banner-monthly-international-120x60.gif

use_opendns_155x52.gif