IGNORED

Cumulative limit ?

hanwellmike

Hi guys. I am a British national and have had 3 recent trips to Thailand in the last 11 months totalling 12 weeks. I thought I read somwhere that there was a ''total" time limit of 3 months stay in any 1 year period. Does anyone know if this is true. I am thinking of going back again for another 2 or 3 weeks soon, on a 30 tourist visa on arrival and don't want to find out I have used up had my allotted time. Any help would be appreciated.

Im quite sure that they have decided to stop that and let people come as many times as they like.... Something to do with the way tourism is at the moment and they are trying to get people to visit as many times as possible. I have been over 3 times in 7 months and going again in 3 months time so I hope Im right.

Anyone know the truth about this?

Troy.

I came fist time 1 June 2008 whiteout visa for 30 days , i came back already on 2 august 2008 with Triple entry visa and stayed until 13 February 2009 , returned with another triple entry visa on 7 march 2009, i had never problem to obtain another triple entry visa.... so i think the rule is not counting if you return to your home country as a genuine tourist

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

It was cancelled after they figured out that not one person in the Immigration Dept had the math skills necessary to implement it. A lot of face was lost when they had to ask the farangs to do the math for them. :GoldenSmile1:

Question regarding the 30 day visa

can you stay the full 30 days then leave on day 31..... or do you have to leave on the 30th day??

I have my airfare booked to leave on day 31

if I was meant to leave on the 30th day will I have problems??

It was cancelled after they figured out that not one person in the Immigration Dept had the math skills necessary to implement it. A lot of face was lost when they had to ask the farangs to do the math for them. :)

that's funny! :BirthdayCake1:

Eat. Down. South.

can you stay the full 30 days then leave on day 31..... or do you have to leave on the 30th day??

No,

The day you arrive and the day you leave count.

i.e. you arrive and go through immigration at 23.55 on a Tuesday, that Tuesday is one day.

Better to wait 10 minutes and enter at 00.05 the following day.

Your leaving and pass through immigration at 00.10 that counts as a day, better to have went through 15 minutes earlier, means one day less

If you are one day over and its picked up. You may get hit by one day overstay.

The biggest risk to you is on the day of departure, if anything happens and the BIB stop you, look at your passport they will see your visa expired at midnight yesterday. That is where you can have problems since you are now illegal. Money required may be high.

Solution?

If in Pattaya go to immigration at Jomtiem, explain the predictament there and follow their advice.

Best of luck

So you want to live in Isaan?   Tale of a journey started 1973 with a stepfather, arrive 2004, "Wife in Issan" 2017.......    ..            An unplanned, unknown and unforeseen  journey spanning 51 years ending well  !!

I've .... seen things ..... you people would never believe...............

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

MODS.

Please delete multiple post. Alhziemers cutting in again......cannot wait for the incontinence

Edited by td5855

So you want to live in Isaan?   Tale of a journey started 1973 with a stepfather, arrive 2004, "Wife in Issan" 2017.......    ..            An unplanned, unknown and unforeseen  journey spanning 51 years ending well  !!

I've .... seen things ..... you people would never believe...............

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

If you're in Pattya area it's easy to get an extension at the inmmigration office. A seven day extension would cover you.

If you show up at the airport with a one or two day overstay it's no problem but you would pay a small fine and have a stamp in your passport. But, as pointed out earlier, if you just happened to get asked for your passport for any reason BEFORE you got to the airport it could be serious, up to the cops.