Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Does anyone know how Qantas Airlines is?

noidea

They are the only airline with a direct flight from London that are cheap (744 USD with taxes) for the time period I am going to Bangkok; so I will probably just take them regardless...just wondering if anyone has flown them on this route.

They are the only airline with a direct flight from London that are cheap (744 USD with taxes) for the time period I am going to Bangkok; so I will probably just take them regardless...just wondering if anyone has flown them on this route.

:wub: They are very well no diseases or any thing like that.They now operate the airbus A380 to BKK on to SYD .You did not specify what time period you are planing to depart LHR.Also BA departs LHR just before the QF 1.BOTH Non stop .

cheers have a good trip chris :D

Wriggley Tin 1

quantas are excellent i have flown twice with them and i have no complaints at all they are the best airline i have flown with yet.

Qantas are very good - not as good as Singapore as SQ have better in flight entertainment etc (at leas of a couple of years ago). Qantas are generous with drinks and snacks and are usually prety well organized on teh departure and arivals issues as well.

One thing I don't like is they turn on the seat belt sign far too long after take off and before arrival and get quite serious about keeping you in the seat. A real problem if you have an irritable bladder. They do this to make it easy for the cabin crew to serve drinks after take off and to clean up the cabin prior to landing.

It is better to light even one candle than to live in fear of the dark.

Havent flown with qantas for last two years but I always thought their service was terrible then

sounds like they have improved

Better to be daring and cool, than timid and uncool! Life's journey is not about arriving at your gravesite in a well preserved condition, but rather dropping into it in a long sideways skid, totally worn out, and shouting "Holy Shit...What a ride" - Indian Larry

Qantas, the flying rat. I havent flown with them for a while because i found thier in flight service to be below par, the food was average and the amenaties were crap.

I found the cabin crew to be rude and abrupt. It was like they were doing me a favour by doing thier jobs. I'm a very low maintainance passenger. I dont demand anything. But this lot were among the 3 worst crews i've ever had the bad luck to fly with (the others were Pan Am and Aeroflop)

They may have gotten better recently but with all the cost cutting they are doing i cant see it.

Personally speaking i avoid them.

Testicles

Would be my last choice for a direct flight from London mostly because they are always significantly more expensive than EVA or Thai although the price you quote is the cheapest I've ever seen them offer. Other than that same same as they say, perhaps a bit more variation in the meals compared with the Asian carriers.

i thought they were good until i flew with thai and etihad which are both significantly better,have u tried thai air or eva air?

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

If you want to see ratings of various airlines, flights, seats, & flying stock, check out the forums on Seat Guru, Frequent Flier, Flyer Talk, Skytrax, etc. Lot of reviews available to make the proper choice for a long damn flight. Chock Dee; wj

Edited by wackyjacky

FLY EMIRATES! You can't go wrong. Got to be the best airline in the world. I know they have plenty of flights from London and their fare is usually always fair. Most stop in Dubai at the nicest airport I have ever been to. Buy you some great gold in the airport duty free area, or better yet spend the day shopping there.

I know this doesn't answer your question as I haven't used Quantas , but hear that they are suffering huge losses and in deep trouble.

They have been offering the lowest airfares I have ever seen to many destinations out of New Zealand.

They are average at best. Theres also a chance they will double up your flight onto a British Airways flight. Emirates and Thai are alot better.

I don't buy out the bar, I buy the nightspot.

I have flown the JFK to SYD (longest flight of my life). Was not too impressed, as Mahogeny said, they are an average airlines at best. But they still beat out the best U.S. based airlines for flying overseas.

I'm surprised that QANTAS rates quite low in this thread. I would put then on a second tier below Singapore. I'v flown BA, Thai and Emirates in the last year or two and QANTAS is as good as any of them IMHO.

AND, they've never had a loss of life through an accident (although their standards have dropped a bit).

Have flown 3 times with QANTAS, they are a good airline, and if there the cheapest you can find at that time go with it

(/y)

Compared to most full service airlines, Qantas' service is well below-par. Australians in general don't take well to serving others (our convict/Irish history I suppose). You will probably experience attitude from hostesses and they'll never be in a rush to help you out. Service in Australian restaurants/bars is no different.

That said, if you can get a flight with them cheap (unlikely) then they are decent.

The major problem with Qantas is that they usually charge the same as Singapore/Emirates/Cathay but their service is nowhere near as good.