IGNORED

American caught with Marijuana by Provincial Police.

LaaMok

Based on information received, Police from the Transnational Crime Suppression Division based at Pattaya Police Station arrested an American National on Tuesday Evening. The information stated he may be in possession of narcotics. The target, Mr. John William Knight aged 52 from USA was arrested in the car park of the Welcome Jomtien hotel and was found to be in possession of 5g of the class 5 drug Marijuana. At the Police Station he confirmed that he had come to Pattaya 7 days ago and the Marijuana was for personal use only. Officers decided to check his urine for the presence of Methamphetamine in his system and he subsequently failed the test and was charged with possession of a class 5 drug and consumption of a class 1 drug. The case will be heard in court later this week.

http://www.pattayaone.net/news/2009/april/...2_04_52_2.shtml

Thailand is for lovers.

Cambodia is for potheads.

Only a total idiot would bring drugs into an Asian country.

Whilst I agree with your sentiment it doesn't say he bought it in. Chances are he purchased it in Pattaya.

The "based on information received" thing is what most dope users should be wary of. If Thais are getting rewards for reporting they will do so. I remember when Thai hotel Staff were getting 30,000 for reporting underage girls in the hotels the bust level went up dramatically.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

I really have no sympathy for anyone who uses drugs in Thailand.

It is a reason why I have so far on my trips, stayed clear of the many freelance girls on beach road. Just in case they have some drugs on them and I get blamed. I'm not saying they are all bad of course.

The penalties involved and the thought of being someones bitch in the monkey house for 20 years should be enough to scare anyone.

Also some drugdealers sell you the stuff then inform the police! Hpw mad is that?

As has been stated here go to Cambodia where you can suck on pot til you drop, and other drugs are availble. If you're that hell bent on destroying your body and mind.

IF ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL WHERE IS THE REST OF MY PENIS?

In view of Whitespider's reply, maybe this should read 'At the age of 52...you really should know better'.

Also, in response to Tim42...it would be naive to think that only the Beach Road freelancers use drugs.

He deserves all he gets but again, I think a stitch up would be so easy.

GLASGOW RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB - NO OTHER TEAM COMES CLOSE!!!!!!!

You know all the Tahi weed I've smoked has really sucked anyways, it is usually stale and full of seeds and stems (similar to Mexican Brick) with a very high tar content so I usually just go without while in Thailand although if you know the right people and can afford the bribe money than NOTHING is beyond you're means in LOS!

However I am in a very unique position and have many wealthy and connected Thai native friends, we go out in Bangkok in very large groups and they all spark it up wherever we are (at club, park, restaurant, driving, and even side of street)!

When I roll with my Thai entourage nobody fuk's with us, it's priceless!

:D

Jim

In view of Whitespider's reply, maybe this should read 'At the age of 52...you really should know better'.

Also, in response to Tim42...it would be naive to think that only the Beach Road freelancers use drugs.

Sorry i should have posted I don't touch freelancers full stop. Risks too great. Still think you are safer with BGs in general.

Edited by Tim42

IF ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL WHERE IS THE REST OF MY PENIS?

Thailand is for lovers.

Cambodia is for potheads.

Cambodia is for potheads...i agree :)

lots and lots of lovin in cambo too man!!! :Hug1::Hug1:

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

He needs to have his head examined and not the small one!

• 1 month later...

What sentence he is facing for possession and especially consumption??? I am very curious about that.

What sentence he is facing for possession and especially consumption??? I am very curious about that.

Doesn't matter one or two nights in a Thai prison and you will regret for a long time that you did that little spiff. Its not worth it! Why anyone would risk this for a joint or 5 is a mystery to me

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

I hope he has extra Cash because this will cost him plenty...He can walk if he has enough money~~~

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

I hope he has extra Cash because this will cost him plenty...He can walk if he has enough money~~~

Either that or I'm sure if he has a few mates that can speak reasonable thai he should be off no worries.. :GoldenSmile1::):Party3:

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction - "it was just the internet.." is not an excuse.

personally, i think all countries should make pot legal (along with most other stuff)...im tired of my tax dollars going to house 100,000s of idiots that grow it, process it, transport it and consume it...i could care less...i can count on the fingers on one hand the number of times ive tried it (never liked it, pure peer pressure) and every one of em was before I turned 21yrs old and grew a brain (so a long, long time ago...lol).

if folks wana drink themselves to death or smoke themselves to death (with anything) or pop pills, snort or shoot up til they croak, i couldnt give a rat's ass...just dont steal, injure or kill anyone...and dont be spending your kids food money on it either...cuz if you do, I say shoot em on the spot, 2 in the back of the head...no fuss, no muss...and none of my tax dollars to support them.

sorry if thats harsh...but just the way i feel...let folks do as they please...til they hurt someone...then...bang, bang...addiction solved.

i know that aint never gonna happen, and there are all kinds of challenges (like judge n jury)...but hey, just brainstormin here...

Cheers, Alex

Edited by Alex the Hedonist