Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

How far in advance do you buy airline tickets

altec123

I've already booked my SIN-BKK round trip tickets for 13th April 2010 on AirAsia for USD40.

Woohoo !

• 1 month later...

6 months thai airways selling return melbourne to bangkok direct flight under $900 aussie..........Malaysia got 2 stops for $803..........

:Banghead2::Whistle:

I'm trying to get a flight from Scotland for my mate flying round about the 22nd Dec and staying for about 2 weeks. The Emirates site is quoting £1165!!

I think and hope its just too early to book just now at these prices. Are there any other BM having the same problems trying to get flights for that time of the year? CheersGoldenSmile1.gif

Edited by Itchycoo

I'm trying to get a flight from Scotland for my mate flying round about the 22nd Dec and staying for about 2 weeks. The Emirates site is quoting £1165!!

I think and hope its just too early to book just now at these prices. Are there any other BM having the same problems trying to get flights for that time of the year? CheersGoldenSmile1.gif

Same same me. Outbound 19 Dec.

Flights from Newcastle are £1000+ & even flying from Heathrow will currently set you back the thick end of £800. Most have horrendous stopovers as well. :)

Like you, I'm waiting & hoping for some cheap deals in a month or 2.

However, flights leaving during 10 Dec to 25 Dec seem to attract a premium, so bob hope I suspect. :)

Fingers & toes crossed. :68:

Peace.

Edited by El Cata
sgu_banner.gif

I think that booking at least 2 monthes in good. You should find a great travel agent keep you informed of deals. The best advice i can give you if you come her often is to book a one way ticket home and originate all the tickets from Bangkok so that you can get a cheap rate and pay in baht.

Just checked travelsupermarket.com for ya.

BMI from Glasgow to Heathrow, then Qatar to Bangkok (1 not too shabby stopover.) = £710.

Outbound 22 Dec, inbound 11 Jan.

Lucky b*stard, BMI no longer fly from Teesside. I've got to endure a long train journey with the extremely incompetent National Express Ltd (again!!!) :)

Good luck :68:

Edited by El Cata
sgu_banner.gif

I purchased my ticket this week for my trip in December. Arriving 12/24 on Korean Air from Washington Dc and returning on 1/12. I only paid $1,150, which is a great price considering it is a holiday.

Edited by altec123

I am curious on how far in advnace everyone purchases their airline tickets. I am going to be leaving the Washington DC area on August 5th to travel to Pattaya and will be returning on August 23rd. I am debating if I should buy the tickets now or wait. The most direct way and the shortest duration is on ANA thru Tokyo. The price however is $1,322 US dollars. When I look at the seat availability, particularly the flight to BKK from Tokyo the flight is less than 30% full. I am thinking that the price may go down, since I have three months to go before I travel. If I wait for a couple of weeks the airfare drops a couple of hunded dollars, however I am determined to celebrate my 50th birthday in Pattaya.

When oil prices are at there lowest. Prices have risen for tickets recently as has the price of oil.

Just checked travelsupermarket.com for ya.

BMI from Glasgow to Heathrow, then Qatar to Bangkok (1 not too shabby stopover.) = £710.

Outbound 22 Dec, inbound 11 Jan.

Lucky b*stard, BMI no longer fly from Teesside. I've got to endure a long train journey with the extremely incompetent National Express Ltd (again!!!) SteamingMad.gif

Good luck GoldenSmile1.gif

Thank you I will check it out. Cheers

I just got a flight from Edinburgh for £450 (Air France) on opodo.com for 28th Oct , its always hard getting a bargain in Dec though ..

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.