IGNORED

How far in advance do you buy airline tickets

altec123

Booked for september, oct one month ago. 435gbp from glasgow, dubai, bkk, and back, emirates, keep checking and u will get the deals. :Party3:

my last trip, I think I bought my flight tickets about 7 months in advance.....I'm probably going to book early for a November trip because I can currently get a flight for £374 for that time.....which is nice

Kylie's piss was real because her hotpants smelled of beans

I've noticed some cheap flights have a transit time as much as 14-20 hours! I stayed in Doha for 2 hours last time and nearly slashed my wrists; if it were any longer I think I'd pay them not to go!

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Booked in Jan, 400 pounds to Bkk via Abudhabi with Etihad. Best deal i have had in three years. I book early to keep me going :-)

As others have said, summer is the busy travel season in the USA and usually prices are higher. But, this summer you have to consider the swine flu affect on travel.

I fly China Airlines out of Honolulu and for a July flight to Bangkok have seen the prices drop from $985 USD three months ago to $800 last month to $670 this month (plus $76 for taxes). They are offering deals from other mainland cities too and there appear to be plenty of empty seats.

So if I were the OP, I would just check other airlines and watch the prices for another month for an August flight. Good luck and enjoy!

I'm usually stuck as to when I can take my holidays to Thailand. So I like to book my flights well in advance because I want to make sure I can fly on the dates that I want. Also Because I like to fly with one particular airline I have to book in advance otherwise to make sure that I can get the dates I want. Economy section normally gets fully booked up

Usually about 10 days to 2 weeks before.

About a dozen trips since 2004. Cheapest £300, most £465. One trip a year is always around end of January.

I am curious on how far in advnace everyone purchases their airline tickets. I am going to be leaving the Washington DC area on August 5th to travel to Pattaya and will be returning on August 23rd. I am debating if I should buy the tickets now or wait. The most direct way and the shortest duration is on ANA thru Tokyo. The price however is $1,322 US dollars. When I look at the seat availability, particularly the flight to BKK from Tokyo the flight is less than 30% full. I am thinking that the price may go down, since I have three months to go before I travel. If I wait for a couple of weeks the airfare drops a couple of hunded dollars, however I am determined to celebrate my 50th birthday in Pattaya.
Iam from just outside washington.dc gaithersburg I have been to patts 3 times.you can get a dicrect fight out of dullas on korean air.I wont be back to thailand for about 5 months but Iam already book I will make my hotel resvations, in oct or nov.my price 1,100.00 I hear they are alittler higher in the summer months but check in out and see. I had took united the last 2 times out of bwi.

mickeylo

I took the Korean Air flight out of IAD on my last trip and arrived in LOS early in the evening. The bad thing is that this flight is running over 1,900 now. Hopefully it will drop in price because there are alot of empty seat on both legs of the flight. I am leaning towards flying to JFK and taking Cathay Pacific because the flight arrives in BKK late in the afternoon. This flight is around 1,400, but the fare is dropping because the flight is only 1/3 sold out. I hate the flights that arrive around midnight. I feel like crap for a couple of days as a result. I really miss the non stop Thai flight out of JFK that was discontinued.

Update- The Korean Air flight dropped tonight to under $1,300. I will book it in the morning. I am glad I waited!

Edited by altec123

Iam from just outside washington.dc gaithersburg I have been to patts 3 times.you can get a dicrect fight out of dullas on korean air.I wont be back to thailand for about 5 months but Iam already book I will make my hotel resvations, in oct or nov.my price 1,100.00 I hear they are alittler higher in the summer months but check in out and see. I had took united the last 2 times out of bwi.

hey neighbor, i'm in silver spring!

i flew korean air out of dulles in march, but had a 1 hour layover in s. korea...not bad, 22 hours in all to BKK, about $1100.

did you fly non-stop to BKK with no layover???

Light travels faster than sound...that's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

I am curious on how far in advnace everyone purchases their airline tickets. I am going to be leaving the Washington DC area on August 5th to travel to Pattaya and will be returning on August 23rd. I am debating if I should buy the tickets now or wait. The most direct way and the shortest duration is on ANA thru Tokyo. The price however is $1,322 US dollars. When I look at the seat availability, particularly the flight to BKK from Tokyo the flight is less than 30% full. I am thinking that the price may go down, since I have three months to go before I travel. If I wait for a couple of weeks the airfare drops a couple of hunded dollars, however I am determined to celebrate my 50th birthday in Pattaya.

usually 3-6 months ahead. usually get the ticket bit cheaper. did 3 months in advance this time got return to manchchester 375£

se u then#

d

i fly about oct/nov and pay about 500 pounds gb ,give or take 100 pounds

i use thai or eva ,lhr to bkk direct, 12 hrs

i book any time i can ,if price is right ,about 500 ok

also like to have plane ticket booked

as gives me a purpose in life ,save my cash

keep my sanity

I fly from DFW on whatever airline I can get a good deal on using site like travelocity or expedia 99% of the time I usually find the best deals on United and American Airlines and usually switch planes in either SFO or LAX and again in NARITA and have never spent more than $1,100 total including tax (round trip) and usually I go in either December or January and but 3-12 weeks in advance,...hope this info helps out... also try checking late at night when the rates are lower :Surrender1: than during the day (when business travelers usually book).

:)

Jim

bought my ticket from Toronto to bkk in early April. I get to bkk in Nov 26. I got it early because there was a seat sale.

I've travelled enough to recognize a good price, when I find it I immediately book it.

I normally start looking 3 months in advance and I try to have confirmed reservations no later than 6 weeks prior to departure.

:Cuss4: Here in Auckland, New Zealand we don't have so many airlines to choose from like some other countries that go to BKK. Main airlines = Thai, Royal Brunei, Quantis, SIngapore, Malaysia. None exceptionally cheap unless they give out specials .

These special are out usually around late Feb, or March. So it usually works out that I book 4 months prior to travel (July ) :Chokdee3:

bought my ticket from Toronto to bkk in early April. I get to bkk in Nov 26. I got it early because there was a seat sale.

I'm going from Toronto too, how much did you pay?

I always book when the internet specials are on, I have the next four trips booked and payed for,

july 09

november 09

february 2010

april 2010

so I will book up as far in advance as needed to secure the specials

I'm going from Toronto too, how much did you pay?

I booked thru Tour East and am flying with Cathay Pacific. I paid $1, 375 for a return flight leaving at the end of Nov and returning on X-mas eve

I fly from DFW on whatever airline I can get a good deal on using site like travelocity or expedia 99% of the time I usually find the best deals on United and American Airlines and usually switch planes in either SFO or LAX and again in NARITA and have never spent more than $1,100 total including tax (round trip) and usually I go in either December or January and but 3-12 weeks in advance,...hope this info helps out... also try checking late at night when the rates are lower :D than during the day (when business travelers usually book).

:LMAO1:

Try www.itravelwv.net I am finding nice flights for $950 to $980ish USD round trip. in Oct. Nov. Dec. time frames. From Las Vegas to BKK

Edited by Murphy

• 1 month later...

I buy early ... gives me something to live for. No other reason, just need inspiration.

PagMah

No truer words could be said my friend. The only thing that gets me through life are these early trip purchases. :)

Have judst booked a few days ago for the frist week of September London direct to Bangkok £405.00 with EVA

Dave

A minimum of 3 months in advance. It's the best way for me to get the time off from work.

Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once.

I signed up for all the travel newletters I could find (travelzoo, major airlines, trip advisor etc.)

I bought my r/t ticket from LA to Bangkok for $805 US$ on Cathay Pacific, my flight even lands at 11:30 AM which should be the perfect time to allow me to get rested up and settled in for a night of fun.

My trip is not until the end of October, but it's nice to know I have my ticket, and now I can search for deals on hotels. So for me it's best to book ahead.