IGNORED

Show up - no reservation - negotiate for room

Bira

I'll be arriving in May and staying for just over 1 week. I will make my first night at Galaxy Suites (on Soi Diamond) for my first night, just as I did for my last trip. I will make a reservation only for this first night.

I'l take my chances and go over to Penthouse and offer a deal for x number of nights up front cash, for a significant discount. What are my chances of them accepting a reasonable "offer they can't refuse"? I prefer their nicer suites, so it's not insignifcant money, to me at least.

If not the Penthouse, which I like, then maybe the Pattaya Bay Resort, at which I haven't yet stayed.

Suggestions/comments?

TGOEA

Cant comment on anything but p b r ,doubt youll get a room in may as i tried and only 1 smokin one left not for my dates ,they do have cancelations sometimes though,id mail them first.

you'll get a great deal at the moment, spend a day looking around it'll be worth it, you may a well have a bit luxury if the price is right

Pattaya Pattaya oh how I love you

Most bigger name places are going to have their rates set. I think if you were looking more into guesthouses, they might be a bit more flexible on the prices. As for myself, last time I spent a week in Patts, I just came into town and went from hotel to hotel until I found a place I was happy with. I ended up last trip at the PhuPhaya Resort. Their website advertises 1300baht or so for their rooms, I was offered 850baht a night. Great place for the money I think, up there with the LK Metropole, Areca, and the like. Have a massive pool and complimentary breakfast as well. Nicely furnished rooms to boot, mine even had a spare bed in it which will actually be nice since the youngen is coming with me and the missus this time around.

I say more power to you, as many places are going to have openings. I only spent about an hour hopping from hotel to hotel till I found one I was happy with, but may turn in to an all day proposition for you. I would hate to spend one of my days in Patts just looking at hotel rooms. If you have a particular place in mind though, then it might be better to book it, or at least see how their occupancy is a few days prior to your arrival.

Either way, hope it works out for you and you manage to find a deal.

I never book in advance and have never had a problem getting rooms.

Not sure how much you'll be able to negotiate though.

The girls on the desk don't always have the authority to give you different rates.

But it is barren times in patts so you never know.

If you are staying for only just over a week, you can bounce from hotel to hotel. I have done both, booked room in advance for long period and moved hotels because there was no rooms available to stay longer. I am kind of particular on the hotel, room and location. In one way it is good to try different hotels but you end up spending time you could have used for better things.