IGNORED

Who's offering discounts?

Gone with the wind

Hey gang,

Is anybody on the ground in Bkk at the moment, or recently booked, and know of hotels that are offering reduced rates?

I was hoping, given the recent political problems (on top of their political problems), low season and low numbers of mongerers/tourist that the hotels would be giving us some incentive.

I'm looking for a place along Suk (or one of the Soi's - especially 4) for between B1500-2000.

I have contacted Dawin and Dynasty Grande but they aren't offering any discounts.

Cheers.

When you thinking of heading over?

Late May, just between you and me, if you know what I mean.

Have you tried agoda (www.agoda.com)? I find that they have fantastic rates in Thailand, often far below what you can negotiate with a hotel directly.

Yeah, I've looked at Agoda and have used them before. When you add on taxes the price is the same. I'm hoping to negotiate a discount directly.

Late May, just between you and me, if you know what I mean.

Understood.

Shame that you aint going early May. We could have met up for a beer or 7 again.

Testicles

Maybe you like this offer ?

I can't read those and get logged out when I try.

Sorry, here is the original text again !

grottino

residence

We celebrate 5 years of Grottino Residence

with a special summer offer from

1st May 09 until 30th September 09

Your stylish, private Residence in Bangkok

at a special rate

Pay 2 night @ THB 2,100.-

get 3rd night free

For reservation please contact:

[email protected]

For our discovery package please visit:

http://www.grottino.com

Prices coming down significantly on Wotif.com in the top end and middle hotels. Look closely at the Wot hotel specials. The three in Sukhumvit are President Solitaire, JW Marriott and the Dream (pretty good at around 2000 baht).

Get yourself down to August Suites at Pattaya Klang,

You will get a cracking room for 1500 baht (swimming pool view). Their internet promotion rate shows more than this.

Brand new and is SUPERB. Guest friendly with no joiner (for as long as there are no more than 2 in the room).

Just Booked Sascha's hotel Uno for 3 nights this weekend through Orbitz. Closer to Cowboy tho.

$150 USD inc taxes for 3 nights in a Deluxe Room w/ BF.

Use coupon code: AORB40 for $40 off a 3 night stay.

A cheaper option, you can do the Standard Room and no BF for $123 for 3 nights with Orbitz and the coupon.

Just Booked Sascha's Hotel Uno for 3 nights this weekend through Orbitz. Closer to Cowboy tho.

$150 USD inc taxes for 3 nights in a Deluxe Room w/ BF.

Use coupon code: AORB40 for $40 off a 3 night stay.

A cheaper option, you can do the Standard Room and no BF for $123 for 3 nights with Orbitz and the coupon.

Uni: 4ODWR75 is the code for $75 off/4 nites. That's an O as in oral after the 4. wj

• 1 month later...

Just booked 3 nights at Dream hotel BKK off their website (seemed to be cheaper than Agoda or asiarooms)

2700bht a night for a Superior room ... but they have a deal on at the moment where they upgrade you to Deluxe room for free.

So my last 3 nights in BKK I decided to book the 3900bht a night Deluxe room and get a free upgrade to the Suite!!

A little out of your price range .. but 2700bht for a 4 - 5 star hotel in BKK that looks as pimp as Dream BKK? Worth it I say....