IGNORED

Which visa?

pacman32

hi

right, im planning on going too Los in may/june to visit my TGF and do some travelling, this is only my second visit and i wish to stay for as long as possible. the problem is i dont know exactly how long im just gonna see how my money goes but i hope to stay for around 3 months if i can. maybe looking into setting up a business or something as well.

which visa can i get?

if i get a tourist visa does it only cover me for 2 months and then do i have too do a visa run or can i qualify for a "non immigrant visa" under category "O" because im staying with my TGF.

ideally i want to just go and not bother with visa run but dont really understand which visas i can get. tried phoning thai consul but i dont think the guy on other end of phone really understood me. and he wanted to know exact dates which obviously i cant supply.

any help advice would be appreciated.

oh on a secondary note, would my GF be able too come back to UK with me on a holiday visa if she has no job in thailand ?

Hello Pacman,

I see your from Manchester so i want to help a fellow Manc as much as i can.......

If you do a site search on here for Visa's you will find very detailed explanation of how the visa system works.

The other issue you mention on bringing Thai girlfriend back is even more of a minefield but if you do the same and read some of the other posters experiences you will see whats involved.

I have read up on both subjects via this site and www.pattayasecrets.com and i think the short answer is you have to do a few visa runs if you want to stay for 90 days. Read about the other options to see if you qualify but from my own perspective its visa runs.

The visa run is covered extensively on both sites so it is easy to pick up the ropes in terms of how to deal with this.

The option of bringing back your girlfriend to Manchester seems remote from what i have read but i am sure one of the other more exerienced posters will be able to offer some good pointers on this.

Are you a red or a blue?

All the best

Blue

The non immigrant multi entry visa is very easy to get from the Hull consulate. Just specify "visiting friends" as the reason for the visa. Send off your passport and £100+, your passport will be returned 2 days later with the visa stamped in it. This visa will allow you to stay up to 90 days in Thailand.

The non immigrant multi entry visa is very easy to get from the Hull consulate. Just specify "visiting friends" as the reason for the visa. Send off your passport and £100+, your passport will be returned 2 days later with the visa stamped in it. This visa will allow you to stay up to 90 days in Thailand.

cheers for that gogo, guess thats my way to go seems easy enough and no visa run.........

btw bitterblue, theres only 1 colour in manchester all them others are prawn sandwich eatin cockneys ;)

:GoldenSmile1:

If you are only going for a one 3 month stay you can save a little money by only getting a single entry non-immigrant type-O visa.

Getting your GF a visa to go to the UK should not be a problem if you go about it the right way.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

The 60 day tourist visa is free until June 4th. It would then have to be extended for 30 days at Jomtien immigration office for 30 days (cost 1900 Baht). So you would not have to do a border run. You could also apply for a double entry tourist visa that could also be free and would permit you to stay for up to 120 days with one border run (cost 2000-2500 Baht). This could also be extended at Jomtien if you wanted to stay for up to a total of 180 days. Getting the double entry tourist visa would give you the most options ant the minimum cost.

Edited by DP Gumbypgh

Taoism: sh*t happens

Buddhism: if sh*t happens, it isn't really sh*t

Islam: if sh*t happens, it is the will of Allah

Catholicism: if sh*t happens, you deserve it

Judaism: why does this sh*t always happen to us?

Atheism: I don't believe this sh*t

The 60 day tourist visa is free until June 4th. It would then have to be extended for 30 days at Jomtien immigration office for 30 days (cost 1900 Baht). So you would not have to do a border run. You could also apply for a double entry tourist visa that could also be free and would permit you to stay for up to 120 days with one border run (cost 2000-2500 Baht). This could also be extended at Jomtien if you wanted to stay for up to a total of 180 days. Getting the double entry tourist visa would give you the most options ant the minimum cost.

Only the single entry tourist visa is free at the moment.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Thanks for the information Gogo Dog and DP Gumbypgh thats really helpful to me for future trips I didnt realise you could obtain such a flexible option.

I am due to go again in November so i keep this in mind.

Thanks

Blue

P.S. Pacman 32 - I am a fellow Blue Army fan and got my user name from my red friends. make sure you add me to your friends so we can get a Blue Mafia going on in here!

Only the single entry tourist visa is free at the moment.

The double entry tourist visa is free in USA, I just got one. I realize that it does not help if you live in the UK but this information should be useful for others.

Taoism: sh*t happens

Buddhism: if sh*t happens, it isn't really sh*t

Islam: if sh*t happens, it is the will of Allah

Catholicism: if sh*t happens, you deserve it

Judaism: why does this sh*t always happen to us?

Atheism: I don't believe this sh*t

Get a multi Entry Visa from hull . then you can stay for 90 days without doing a boarder run, if you want to stay a little longer then just go to Jomtem, as for bringing back your Thai girlfriend , you need a lot of paperwork Like 6 months bank statements , proof of your job , utility bills any investments . mortgage statements, Proof of contact ,ie phone bills photos, recites of where you stayed , and any other .like laundry. She will need bank book , blue book, proof of job, birth certificate for herself and children if she has any, ID card passport, You will have to prove she will go home after her stay , if you do your homework and get it right , only takes a week to ten days .All the forms you can down load off the internet , you want the British Embasy Bangkok, it will tell you what to do , it also has a check list of what forms you need. Vaf form for Tourist, 6 month max. hope that helps . I know i have done it , so it can be done.

A proof of job is not necessary at all the strength of relationship can also be a deciding factor in any application. We have just submitted an application from a client who uses the board and she is now in the UK. The client partner had no letter confirming employment or any assets however a well laid out application can help the clients case.

The ECO will be looking for you to demonstrate you are in a subsisting relationship etc, if you have assets this is a great help however this is not always the deciding factor. You have various other options in regard to visa applications each client is different as is each case remember every case is judged on its own merits.

If you require any professional help feel free to contact me.

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

cheers for all the info guys, although that multi entree visa sounds good i dont know where i will be tbh, bangkok/chiang mai/phuket/phi phi/krabi/samui/koa toa thats the plan so far so dont wanna be bothered finding somewhere to extend it so type "O" for the win :)

khaawp khoon.

ps blue i aint got a clue how too add u on friends???

Edited by pacman32

• 3 weeks later...

Free visa? How do you get a free visa?

Found it. It was on the Embassy website, but not on the Consulate website. Thanks

Edited by DocHoliday