IGNORED

Internet love!

nguahoang503

What do I have to do in order to bring my Thai gf to the United States? I met my gf online, we chat for two months and I would like her to come see how the life in the US. I am not asking for her to stay long just around 6 months to a year. Thanks in advance.

It's probably a bad idea as stated in your other thread.

However, to answer your question, most likely it will be almost impossible to get her a tourist visa to the United States. Unless she has a really good job ro large assets (financial ones) they will not give her a tourist visa. The only way to get her into the USA would be to get a marriage visa, but then you would have to marry her. Please do the right thing and come to Thailand and meet her first.

HaHa,u met online and chatted 2 months and she your GF. Immigration will be laughing too if u told them this,even before 9/11 which was much easier u needed to show pics(u and her together).

Yes, you need proof that you have met and been together....pictures....then emails, chat logs, any other document you can find showing a "relationship" and that she is not scamming to get to the USA. And true, it is almost impossible to get a tourist visa and it would be a miracle if she got one. If you try to bring her here on a fiancee visa, you have to have all the stuff I mentioned first and then you HAVE to get married within 90 days or she has to return to Thailand. Best to come here, meet her, see if you really click, go home, come back again and see if it's still good.

Thank you for all your answers, this will cost a lot of money for me just to be there plus if we click and it will cost me more for all her airfare and immigration money. Does anyone know how much it cost to marry a Thai girl? From the day you meet her and all the paper work with the INS plus all the fee to get here?

Well, consider airfare for you and her, untold costs to marry her, especially if you have to pay sinsod (dowry) to her parents to marry her, which it sounds like you would for her, at least a grand easy for fiancee visa and all related paperwork if you didn't marry her in Thailand. If you marry her in Thailand, then you file different visas to get her here married. If you do it yourself, you save some money but have to work your way through the forms, which really isn't all that hard. But, she has to have several things translated into English, you have to provide lots of stuff for her interview. If you are really serious, go visit www.visajourney.com . Join up for free and there is loads of info in there about all the people doing different visas, the problems they have, what is required, what steps to take. It won't be cheap to get her here and it's hard to put a dollar amount on it because there are too many variables.

Come to Pattaya first for a week only don't tell her you are here, then if you still want to see her go to Bangkok book into a hotel call her and say you wanted to surprise her.

After a week in Pattaya you will have things more in perspective and maybe see things in a different light.

An old but wise saying............................."Dont run before you can walk"

Al.