IGNORED

Ubuntu 9.04

TurtleInAsia

Just a reminder for those into Tech, Ubuntu 9.04 is released today ( USA Time ) http://www.ubuntu.com

I love having Ubuntu on the laptop as it is nice and secure, recommended to all :GoldenSmile1:

Edited by TurtleInAsia

kamagrauk.co.uk-banner-monthly-international-120x60.gif

use_opendns_155x52.gif

Can you run Windows apps on the new version?

"If it feels good, just keep doing it!"

Not as is but I am sure you can run WINE, but it would depend on the windows APP you wanted to run.

However you can just use a Linux GNome App to replace your expensive windows software most of the time.

use_opendns_155x52.gif

I love Ubuntu! Upgraded yesterday, it's a no-brainer.

For running Windows apps I still have to have a dual boot system, Vista and Ubuntu. But 99% of the time I'm on Ubuntu. It can access the Windows drive too and OpenOffice reads and writes MS office file formats.

I need Windoze because of the sync software of my Nokia :(.

Men want to fuck many women. Women want to fuck the best provider. Only in the paysex scene both goals are met.

Randy, make sure you checkout the new Nokia Ovi as that is web based and syncs maybe you keep Ubuntu 99.99%

use_opendns_155x52.gif

Thanks mate! Will do. I like Nokia, but the lack of Linux support is bugging me.

I have a trustworthy Communicator, still love the damned thing :rolleyes: .

Have a few other Windoze only things, so once a week I boot up the old Vista, and reboot as quickly as possible back to Ubuntu.

Men want to fuck many women. Women want to fuck the best provider. Only in the paysex scene both goals are met.

Here is a good Review for Ubuntu. Reports it to be as slick as the new Win7 or Mac OSX. Worth a read if you are considering it.

Al.

OK, I got a box that need some major work to get it running again. When I clean the HD I may just download 9.04 and Wine to see what it can do. As long as it runs good I would be happy.

"If it feels good, just keep doing it!"

• 3 weeks later...

Downloaded and running from the Live CD,looks great and wireless working fine.

Will install today

Thanks for the heads up

Tried to run it from a Bootable usb drive on my Acer Aspire one Netbook N270 processor 160gig 1gb ram and could not get the wireless card to work so didn't install, funny because the version of sayabon linux works awesome from the usb drive been playing around with the HP's MIE or Mobile Internet Experience its a Ubuntu derivative and have to say its cool as shit on a netbook and free as well !!!!Computer Club Computer Club Computer Club!!!! :GoldenSmile1:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

pabannerscaled.jpg

Never stand when you can sit, never sit when you can lie down, never stay awake when you can sleep.

(Murphy's Law Of Combat)

Ouch!!! Tried to embed a Youtube video didn't work so well sorry guys.

pabannerscaled.jpg

Never stand when you can sit, never sit when you can lie down, never stay awake when you can sleep.

(Murphy's Law Of Combat)

• 1 month later...
Just a reminder for those into Tech, Ubuntu 9.04 is released today ( USA Time ) http://www.ubuntu.com

I love having Ubuntu on the laptop as it is nice and secure, recommended to all :GoldenSmile1:

Hi Turtle - I'm thinking of making the switch to OpenDNS. Apart from blocking dodgy sites what are the other advantages of using it? And what's the downside of it? Reply here or PM me if you prefer........

Cheers

Jaco