IGNORED

How many bar girls have HIV

Mr Rotten

According to these statistics non-brothel based sex workers have a 4.2% rate of infection.

http://www.usaid.gov/our_work/global_healt...and_profile.pdf

For obvious reasons this percentage is likely to be concentrated amongst those girls who go bare back, based on my limited experience that is about 20% of them.

This is only my wild guess but assuming 75% of HIV infected girls are amongst that (maybe) 20% who go bare back that means about 19% of bare back girls are infected.

A previous article I read estimated trasmission rates per incidence with Thai FSW were about 0.05, that means by my guess every time you bareback you have about a 1% chance of getting infected. Makes you think!

According to these statistics non-brothel based sex workers have a 4.2% rate of infection.

http://www.usaid.gov/our_work/global_healt...and_profile.pdf

For obvious reasons this percentage is likely to be concentrated amongst those girls who go bare back, based on my limited experience that is about 20% of them.

This is only my wild guess but assuming 75% of HIV infected girls are amongst that (maybe) 20% who go bare back that means about 19% of bare back girls are infected.

A previous article I read estimated trasmission rates per incidence with Thai FSW were about 0.05, that means by my guess every time you bareback you have about a 1% chance of getting infected. Makes you think!

10% 5% 25% dont mean nothing mate its 50/50 you get it or you dont wear a condom and uve 0% its simple

All ive got in this world are my word and my balls and i dont break them for nobody

Money Number 1

Just make sure you bag up and you've much less to worry about!

Just make sure you bag up and you've much less to worry about!

I do bag up, I was meaning 20% who offer bare back not that I normally accept. However (like many I suspect) I do have the occasional slip up and condom break.

Bit of information about the risks can't hurt.

Edited by Mr Rotten

• 2 weeks later...

I dont know about bargirls, because I take Gogo-girls most of the time. So far I have tested 5 of them together with me. 4 times because I stayed with them a couple of days and wanted to go bareback and one time because the condom broke and I just wanted to know, even if it was late.

Of these 5 girls one was positive, thank god not the one with the broken condom. But hell was I scared. And just think about the poor girl. I havent seen here since, I dont even know if she is still in Pattaya.

5 samples are obviously not enough for a meaningful statistic. But I can tell you one thing: this story about gogo-girls beeing tested frequently is complete bullshit.

A gogo manager told me the bar fine is hight to pay for the girls tests. I think bullshit, maybe a gogo manager can comment and put us right!!!!!!!!!!!

So far I have tested 5 of them together with me. 4 times because I stayed with them a couple of days and wanted to go bareback

Are you serious? with an incubation period of between 3 and 6 months that blood test you had, to "allow" you to bare back, is meaningless. At best it means she was not infected 3 months ago! Had she been celibate since then?

The only time such tests are of value is if you are about to enter a serious 'monogamous' relationship. Even then you should use protection until after the second tests at 6 months.

good post alemao.

a useful statistic provided, rather than the usual obvious comments.

it would be interesting to have others give such info. I am suprised a gogo girl was +ve or was it a beer bar girl???

yes, it is well documented that the chance of man from woman is less than 1%.

IF you do want to know if your lady is infected before you BB a rapid test/elisa is no good - unless you wait 3 months (actually most positives show in 1-2 months) AND she doesnt screw around.

Better to go to BKK and pay 1500 baht (maybe 2000 now) tnd get her a PCR dna test which shows up a positive within 1-3 weeks. Thai red cross in bkk can advise where to have it (probably an expensive western style hospital i think)

A gogo manager told me the bar fine is hight to pay for the girls tests. I think bullshit, maybe a gogo manager can comment and put us right!!!!!!!!!!!

Will a reply from me help?

Barfines are there to cover the girls wages for guys taking them out of work, Gogo's do not pay for HIV or any other tests the girls need.

The girl has to provide these herself in order to work.

High barfines are purely down to a gogo's greed. 600 baht is normal for a barfine. Some may be a little higher due to what the girl does, show girls,

are normally higher to deter guys from taking them, how does a gogo put on a show if all of their special dancers are on barfines?

Club Mirage Owner

Edited by mirageclub

F.Y.I. During the 2 – 6 month “window period” where you have HIV and test negative you are most infectious some say. This is due to your lack of antibodies against the virus and its fast replication during this period. Use a condom and make sure you don’t have any cuts on your private area from shaving or anything else. I barebacked twice my last trip due to alcohol consumption and sheer stupidity. It was fun sweating every sore throat and cough I had for the next six months for fear it might be HIV, thankfully it wasn’t.

Edited by JonnyLongStroke