Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

German Restaurants in Pattaya

Just wondering if anyone has come across a German restaurant in Pattaya that serve up the Pork Knuckle?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are Many German Restaurants around town especially Nakglua ( Banglamon) across from soi 1 by the roundabout...

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

Not sure what a pork knuckle is but try the Berlin Restaurant in Soi 13 (between 2nd and beach road). I saw a guy getting served an obscenely huge piece of pork meat with a bone, could that be your pork knuckle?

Men want to fuck many women. Women want to fuck the best provider. Only in the paysex scene both goals are met.

Not sure what a pork knuckle is but try the Berlin Restaurant in Soi 13 (between 2nd and beach road).

I think you are referring to the "Berliner Bistro". After three weeks in LOS I'm usually in the need of some food from "home". The Berliner Bistro is definitely my choice! http://berliner-bistro.pattaya-club.com/

Quality, quantity and price are absolutely fine. If german food colours your dog I can honestly recommend that location.

"Taverne" on Naklua road (on a corner on the right left side, I believe with soi 18 or 18/1), not to far from the Loma circle.

I ate it there and it was really great, the other food is very nice as well, try their BBQ spiesse (or something like that), man that's good stuff.

Just wondering if anyone has come across a German restaurant in Pattaya that serve up the Pork Knuckle?

Not really a German restaurant but that place at Topps on the left when you walk in from Pattaya Klang entrance does the pork knuckle with sauerkraut and potato for 250 baht.

Is this a pork knuckle ? It´s called Schweinshaxe in german, u can find it for example in the "Klein Heidelberg" in Soi Wongamat. This picture was taken there.

P1020596.jpg

When you look for a german restaurant just go to north pattaya there are so many german restaurants

"Fighting me is like jerking off...You´re only gonna F@ck yourself. "

second road near pattaya klanf DOMICIL, very nice.

and naklua after the dolphin round 500meters BERLINER RESTAURANT, small but the food is very good!

Try Soi 33 , Naklua - have 3/4 German restaurants up there. I go to Hursch Gargen and the one just before it, right next door (can't remember the name). They are about 150m on the left coming from Naklua Rd. Both do Pork Knuckle, sometimes on Special Menu - soup, salad ,main course, ice cream for 260bht.

Have found most German places in Naklua excellent quality and price.

• 3 weeks later...
Try Soi 33 , Naklua - have 3/4 German restaurants up there. I go to Hursch Gargen and the one just before it, right next door (can't remember the name). They are about 150m on the left coming from Naklua Rd. Both do Pork Knuckle, sometimes on Special Menu - soup, salad ,main course, ice cream for 260bht.

Have found most German places in Naklua excellent quality and price.

Pork knuckle, or pork shank, is served in many places in Patts, not only in German ones. Nearly across Bamboo bar you can find ZUM SIMPLE restaurant, they have this dish for sure, not expensive.

http://www.pattayaphotoguide.com/?UWuRUksokcvA8CAA

• 3 weeks later...
Is this a pork knuckle ? It´s called Schweinshaxe in german, u can find it for example in the "Klein Heidelberg" in Soi Wongamat. This picture was taken there.

Klein Heidelberg has a very good Restaurant if you wanna eat some German food. Also Thai food there is very good.

Also very good food from germany you can get at Gerhard. Never ate Thai food there.

All over all the whole Naklua Street is full off German Restaurants some are good and some are not so good but thats just personal taste. Some friend like places where i think its not so good and vice versa.

As i don't stay in Naklua any longer (got sick to be that far from the other spots, found something to stay which is in the middle) iam not that often in German restaurants any longer. But Klein Heidelberg is always worth the way, its one of my favourites for German food. Anton has an amzing buffet, but i got two times stomach sick after eating there (maybe thats only me as i know many that eat there regularely and didn't suffer from anything), i crossed it from my "places to go list".

Wanna fight against me? Klick: Brutefight against Runabout

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Not sure what a pork knuckle is but try the Berlin Restaurant in Soi 13 (between 2nd and beach road). I saw a guy getting served an obscenely huge piece of pork meat with a bone, could that be your pork knuckle?

You eat that?

I agree with Andrew, ZUM SIMPLE on Pattaya Tai, near the entrance to Walking Street, serves a very good pork knuckle.

Ask for dumplings on the side with your sauerkraut. Also, Hopf Brew House on Beach Road serves it, and makes their own

brew on the premises. In Bangers, try German Brau Haus on Soi 11 or Bei Otto on Soi 20.

Retired

• 5 years later...

As Bier Stüble on Soi 7 is closed for summer holiday (mid-May to mid-September) I decided to give Alt Heidelberg on Beach Road, not far from Walking Street, a try.
When I arrived I was the only customer inside.
The owner was watching German television on a small screen next to the bar.
The interior looks as if it has remained the same for at least thirty years.
The waitress gave me a Russian menu and I had to insist to get a German one.
I ordered a
Spargelsuppe (asparagus soup) at 125 baht and a Schweinshaxe at 395 baht.
The soup contained short pieces of very thick white asparagus (perhaps preserved ones) that tasted like straw.
As mentioned in the English translation (“deep-fried pork knuckle”) the
Schweinshaxe was indeed deep-fried instead of roasted, which was disgusting.
(I thought the English translation was wrong when I read it.)
In Germany I have eaten several times
Schweinshaxe, which was always roasted, not deep-fried.
I have also eaten
Eisbein, which is the same part of the pig, but boiled with spices instead of roasted.
I have always been wary of restaurants in Pattaya promoting themselves with signs in Russian.
Those signs seem to scare westerners off and it is very doubtful if they will attract many Russians, if any.
I fear that signs in Russian are part of a strategy of desperate owners who know their quality is too poor to attract western patrons.

post-73366-0-16027600-1432964320.jpg

their ≠ there ≠ they’re; theirs ≠ there’s; your ≠ you’re; its ≠ it’s; whose ≠ who’s;

bearback ≠ bareback; loose ≠ lose; too ≠ to; wander ≠ wonder; then ≠ than;

men ≠ man; women ≠ woman; know ≠ now ≠ no; quiet ≠ quite; site ≠ sight;

except ≠ accept; of ≠ 've; waist ≠ waste; sure ≠ shore; etc. (et cetera) ≠ ect.

I agree with Andrew, ZUM SIMPLE on Pattaya Tai, near the entrance to Walking Street, serves a very good pork knuckle.

Ask for dumplings on the side with your sauerkraut. Also, Hopf Brew House on Beach Road serves it, and makes their own

brew on the premises. In Bangers, try German Brau Haus on Soi 11 or Bei Otto on Soi 20.

The German restaurant on Pattayatai opposite Bamboo Bar has disappeared several years ago.

Hopf on Beach Road is as German as a souvenir made in China; it is popular with Thais and with Russians.

their ≠ there ≠ they’re; theirs ≠ there’s; your ≠ you’re; its ≠ it’s; whose ≠ who’s;

bearback ≠ bareback; loose ≠ lose; too ≠ to; wander ≠ wonder; then ≠ than;

men ≠ man; women ≠ woman; know ≠ now ≠ no; quiet ≠ quite; site ≠ sight;

except ≠ accept; of ≠ 've; waist ≠ waste; sure ≠ shore; etc. (et cetera) ≠ ect.

As others have mentioned there are many German restaurants in the Naklua Road area.

Walking north from the Dolphin roundabout on the left (west) side of the road, here are some:

Wiener Kuche  (Vienna Kitchen) is top class

Berliner

Just past the 7-11, opposite corner, do not know name

Turn left into Soi Wongamat, Heidelberg 

All serve Thai food too, which is good if you are with a TG as they usually prefer their native cuisine.

Antons Naklua serves good pork knuckle with they're nightly buffet. 

Brauhaus on second road next to Soi 7 does pretty good German food and also offer daily 3 course menus for below 300 Baht.

Antons Naklua serves good pork knuckle with they're nightly buffet. 

It's more 'Eisbein'. Not grilled, but baked in an oven. The German pork knuckle should have a crispy crust. The slick of fat should be grilled away.

Brauhaus on second road next to Soi 7 does pretty good German food and also offer daily 3 course menus for below 300 Baht.

Please compare it to German food in Naklua. 'Bei Gerhard', 'Golden Orchid', 'Hirschgarten', 'Borussia Park'. Even 'Klein Heidelberg', what I wouldn't recommend, offers much better German food.

You looking for deep fried/roasted or boiled?

A couple I know close to WS...

Alt Heidelberg: on beach rd, head north from WS sign... serves a nice boiled one... (my fav)..

and further along beach rd... Hopf serves a nice fried/roasted one...

Please make a distinction in your reviews of proper grilled pork knuckles and the lazy easy fried knuckle.

A pork knuckle takes a minimum of 3 hours on The Grill, so if it is genuine, it would need to be ordered in advance.

Please make a distinction in your reviews of proper grilled pork knuckles and the lazy easy fried knuckle.

A pork knuckle takes a minimum of 3 hours on the grill, so if it is genuine, it would need to be ordered in advance.

Exactly!

I'll second that.

Archived