IGNORED

Irish Rovers Soi LK Metro

whitespider - RIP

I had to meet someone in Soi LK Metro at mid-day today. Arrived with an hour to kill and went into the Irish Rovers to see if Pat the gaffer was there. I have only met him once before but he is a big supporter of this board so thought I would go say hello.

I have to say I have never been there before just seen the pics on the website and read quite a few +ve reviews of his rooms etc.

First impressions are very good. Its a large (double sized) bar which is very open spaced, very clean, very well looked after - all in all first impressions are very favourable.

Chatted briefly to Pat who introduced me to a couple of his friends so there was no sitting around alone. Good company they were for my brief visit.

Ordered the full Irish Brekkie - actually it wasnt much different to a full English but it was excellent.

2 sausages (not the usual rubbish you get here), 2 rashers of good quality back bacon, 1 egg, fried tomatoes (real not tinned), real beans (not the sweet ones you get here), friend onions and ...................chips. Well I reckon they were maybe supposed ot be friend potatoes but as it was lunch time I wasnt worried.

..........oh yes and two slices of doorstep toast with butter and marmalade + a large mug of tea. The toast really sets it aside from many brekkies where you get those horrible thin, sweet, bread slices.

Its very filling but not one of the HUGE ones, if you really like to pig out on cooked brekkie its maybe not for you. Suited me just fine. In terms of food quality, cleanliness and eating environment I would put it up with Ace Cafe and Googies as the best I have had in Pattaya/Jomtien.

It was very very good and I heartily recommend it. My only (very minor) beef was that I dont really like friend eggs and I wasn't asked if I preferred any other type. Now its possible that "Irish" automatically means "fried egg" and its also possible that the waitress DID ask me (as I am deaf) so its no major worry.

I am often in LK Metro daytime with work and have always eaten brekkie at Robins Nest when there but I will certainly be going back to the Rovers next time too.

Didnt take my camera so no pics but I am sure someone can enlighten us.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

• 4 weeks later...
I had to meet someone in Soi LK Metro at mid-day today. Arrived with an hour to kill and went into the Irish Rovers to see if Pat the gaffer was there. I have only met him once before but he is a big supporter of this board so thought I would go say hello.

I have to say I have never been there before just seen the pics on the website and read quite a few +ve reviews of his rooms etc.

First impressions are very good. Its a large (double sized) bar which is very open spaced, very clean, very well looked after - all in all first impressions are very favourable.

Chatted briefly to Pat who introduced me to a couple of his friends so there was no sitting around alone. Good company they were for my brief visit.

Ordered the full Irish Brekkie - actually it wasnt much different to a full English but it was excellent.

2 sausages (not the usual rubbish you get here), 2 rashers of good quality back bacon, 1 egg, fried tomatoes (real not tinned), real beans (not the sweet ones you get here), friend onions and ...................chips. Well I reckon they were maybe supposed ot be friend potatoes but as it was lunch time I wasnt worried.

..........oh yes and two slices of doorstep toast with butter and marmalade + a large mug of tea. The toast really sets it aside from many brekkies where you get those horrible thin, sweet, bread slices.

Its very filling but not one of the HUGE ones, if you really like to pig out on cooked brekkie its maybe not for you. Suited me just fine. In terms of food quality, cleanliness and eating environment I would put it up with Ace Cafe and Googies as the best I have had in Pattaya/Jomtien.

It was very very good and I heartily recommend it. My only (very minor) beef was that I dont really like friend eggs and I wasn't asked if I preferred any other type. Now its possible that "Irish" automatically means "fried egg" and its also possible that the waitress DID ask me (as I am deaf) so its no major worry.

I am often in LK Metro daytime with work and have always eaten brekkie at Robins Nest when there but I will certainly be going back to the Rovers next time too.

Didnt take my camera so no pics but I am sure someone can enlighten us.

Hi 'whitespider', Many thanks for your write up on our Irish/English breakfast...Customers who come here for there 'Brekkie' are guaranteed that everything they eat here is cooked fresh, nothing is pre-cooked, then reheated...It may take a little longer for the customer to wait, but in my humble opinion, it's worth it.

It was me who took your order for the 'Breekie', along with a waitress, so please accept my sincere apologies for not asking you, how you would like your egg done...Your hearing is better than what you thought. (lol)

Pictures of our breakfast can be seen in the hotel and accommodations section, in Pattaya Addicts, under The Irish Rovers hotel.

Again many thanks for the open minded review on our 'brekkie', and our place in general.

Cheers.

Pat.

Edited by The Irish Rovers

Posted Image

Simon +66 (0) 874406060

Josh +66 (0) 820889263

Fun Golfing days /Bar Crawls to The Darkside and Banchang/ Hotel / Bar / Diner

Email : [email protected]

http://www.the-i-rovers.com/

Up to date happenings and Live Sports Schedule add us on Facebook

LIVE WEBCAM http://lk-metro.com

VOTED BEST LIVE SPORTS BAR IN PATTAYA

i-rovers often Copied NEVER Equalled

All room enquirys please email: [email protected] LK METRO WEBCAMS HERE www.lk-metro.com