IGNORED

Accomodation in Aranyaprathat (Cambodia Border)

mike the rat

Hiya folks,just a little bit on whats available in Aran'. Some of you will be doing the visa run or maybe going on to Cambodia for a few days,so you will be passing thru' Aran on your way to Siam Reap ,Phnom phen, etc via Poi-Pet.

Well if you're coming from Bangkok or Pattaya it takes around 3 1/2 -4 1/2 hours to get here, so most people stay overnight before tackling the next stage of their journey (5-6 hrs on bus to Siam reap). This leads me to "where to stay". There are around 6-8 hotels,about the same motels and a couple of guest houses.....

Generally it depends on your budget .You can stay in the "Mermaid hotel" near the bus station which is apparently a nice hotel(not stayed there myself but heard good reports) but you're looking at 1000 baht plus per night.

A bit further down the price scale you have Aran Gardens (two hotels aran1 and aran 2 "2" is the better one less noisy and hot showers).Think about 500/600baht per night per room

If youve got "lonely planet "you will see Market Motel advertised .This motel advertises rooms for 250 baht per night....rubbish!! when you get there all the 250 rooms have "just gone" and all they have are the 400/500 baht rooms. rooms basic, has restaurant that does farang food, but staff not too good at speaking english. Has a pool though!.Friend of mine got there at around 3am to check in and got charged 600 baht for one night! needless to say he's not stayed there since!.

If you need any help when you get there just call at my bar, "Farang Bar" across from the railway station will always try to help if we can.

hope this helps, MTR.

Edited by mike the rat

Well....there are ladies here and many of them could compete if not beat what youde expect in Pattaya or bankok though the prices are about the same as these resorts,You will find pleasant ladies working in the karaoke bars (not dives) and massage places and the hotels are far less bothered about who stays or for how long....

Generally don't expect Bangkok but still a good place for a change of pussy...