Pattaya Live Streams >> Tulip Girls Link Tree | Pattaya Girls Live Facebook | Pattaya Girls Tulip Villa | Nightwish Girls Payment Portal |

IGNORED

How to get rid of dog mange

davemcg74

anyone got any experience or good remedy to get rid of dog mange as poor bugger is suffering from it and vets medication does not seem to be doing the trick after a good few months of trying it.

Dont laugh when I say this, but this is what we used to use.

Change the oil in y our car/truck/motorbike, use the old oil to dip or heavily soil the dog. Leave it on him for about an hour. then wash him. should take care of it.

Seriously, I know it sounds silly, but it works.

BJS

Pattaya Diving Pictures ; 2010 Porfolio ; Hot Rod Choppers ; Khao Keow Open Zoo ;

Erawan Museum ; Pim ; Rain ; Sammy & Wan ; Rain & Tum ; Dew ;

Cake & Gik ; Tum ; Bang ; Ladyboy Glam shots

babydollsaddict.gif

My Brain not working already, must to go check soon...

It depends on the type of mange the dog has. There is demodeptic, and sarchoptic mange. Not sure if I have the spelling right here though. One is hereditary, cannot be caught by other dogs, and the other is the communicable mange that goes from animal to animal. You need to have the vet do a culture to determine which one it is, to see what kind of treatment you have to pursue. The medicated shampoos will heal the transferable one, while the hereditary one, its just going to be a recurring problem that gets worse over time.

i have abouy 15 dogs no joke :P

the best by far is Aludex........... :)

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

Change the oil in y our car/truck/motorbike, use the old oil to dip or heavily soil the dog. Leave it on him for about an hour. then wash him. should take care of it.

BJS

i agree with BJS too, ive seen burned oil working too..try it if you cant get any aludex :)

Edited by fostraswift

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

BJS

isn't that how they get rid of the crabs in south louisiana too?

ok thanks for all the info much appreciated

he is currently on oral ivermectin 1.2ml a day and amitraze medicated shampoo but this does not seem to be effective and trying to get him to take orally is not easy !

Is aludex easy to get hold of as not seen this on my travels ?

only problem with the oil is a lot it is around his mouth and face so not sure i could apply it in this case but good info all the same !

thanks

Dave

It depends on the type of mange the dog has. There is demodeptic, and sarchoptic mange. Not sure if I have the spelling right here though. One is hereditary, cannot be caught by other dogs, and the other is the communicable mange that goes from animal to animal. You need to have the vet do a culture to determine which one it is, to see what kind of treatment you have to pursue. The medicated shampoos will heal the transferable one, while the hereditary one, its just going to be a recurring problem that gets worse over time.

Many skin issues are caused by flea bites and then alleric reaction. Get rid of the fleas and the scracthing biting that goes with it, sometimes they'll heal up.

he is currently on oral ivermectin 1.2ml a day and amitraze medicated shampoo but this does not seem to be effective and trying to get him to take orally is not easy !

only problem with the oil is a lot it is around his mouth and face so not sure i could apply it in this case but good info all the same !

thanks

Dave

I had a dog with this problem around the mouth. A Vet. dermatologist was required. The only thing that worked was to have the shit scraped off, then put on anti's. It worked...

thanks for info

not found where they sell aludex yet any help would be appreciated.

What vet dermatologist did you go to ? Any ideas on costs nd timeframe for treatment and results would be appreciated.

He has red around the mouth not sure what they could actually scrape off but willing to give a go as current meds not really working and been on them for some time now.

thanks again

I had a dog with this problem around the mouth. A Vet. dermatologist was required. The only thing that worked was to have the shit scraped off, then put on anti's. It worked...

i have abouy 15 dogs no joke :ThankGod1:

the best by far is Aludex........... :Anger:

What kind of dogs do you have? I'm guessing at least 5 or so have to be pups right?

thanks

Dave

Dave, I actually asked my mom, lol, yep still somewhat young over here, she has been a dog groomer for 25+ years now and has been breeding dogs since I was 4 lol. She said you have to take it to the vet. There are too many variables as well. How old is the dog?, if its a year or under then it has puppy mange, and would require one course of treatment. And the biggest thing, is to find out whether its demodeptic or sarchoptic. If its demodeptic, then its a long course of treatments, if its sarchoptic, then it would only take a few treatments. And then it also depends on the breed, if its a short hair dog, then its more likely to be demodeptic.

So the vet is going to be your best bet. Have to get that culture taken first and foremost.