IGNORED

Protest

johnboy_3

hello can some one tell me what all the trouble has been about in bangkok, what are the red shirts not happy with and what is it the yellow shirts stand for or want? regards john

Given the protests that have been occurring in BKK, what is the current security situation like in Pattaya itself? A friend of mine traveled there a week ago and I haven't heard from him (not that I was actually expecting to) and am a little worried given the recent unrest. I am also planning my own trip there scheduled for next year and am a little worried that I should just pick somewhere more stable to visit.

Given the protests that have been occurring in BKK, what is the current security situation like in Pattaya itself? A friend of mine traveled there a week ago and I haven't heard from him (not that I was actually expecting to) and am a little worried given the recent unrest. I am also planning my own trip there scheduled for next year and am a little worried that I should just pick somewhere more stable to visit.

dont panick your mates havin a ball head on over there and have a ball yourself

welcome to the board

dont panick your mates havin a ball head on over there and have a ball yourself

welcome to the board

I certainly hope that's true, for both his well being and so I can try to capitalize on the good travel deals available now.. Thanks for the response and the welcome!

It should be fairly safe.

The red shirts have had their bluff called and seem to have backed down.

The underlying issues ahve not been addressed but the governement have done their job and provided law and order.

Even if trouble does flair up again its relativly safe for foreigners. During the last military coup tourists where taking pictures of the troops.

Plus all the trouble tends to be limited to Bangkok.

The asia summit aside, pattaya and other tourist desintations are not really affected.