Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Marriott Pattaya Resort

Puro Tejano

Gents-

I'll be arriving at the Marriott Pattya Resort on April 28th.. For a 6 day stay using my reward points. Does anyone know if they have a joiner fee and also how far away from the action is this hotel located? I'll be using this hotel as a feeler until I find where I'd like to spend the rest of my trip.

Any comments or knowledge of this hotel would be appreciated.

Regards,

PT

Edit.... disregard the joiner fee question. According to another thread they don't have one.

Edited by Puro Tejano

I stayed there 3 or 4 years ago. It was very nice, service was good, but not at all worth the money. Plus they constantly overcharged me and just billed it to my credit card, hoping I wouldn't notice. I got some of the money back, but overall was still charged considerably more than originally promised.

I think the expectation was that if your staying here, then your rich and won't care about the money, or work is paying or something. If you're on points, then good for you, a nice place to stay - but keep a sharp eye out for what gets billed to your credit card.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enoughâ€

“If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?â€

Albert Einstein

very exspensive you can get better rooms at better locations for better prices bad bob

...For a 6 day stay using my reward points.
... but not at all worth the money.
very exspensive you can get better rooms at better locations for better prices bad bob

Not worth the money ..... get it better and cheaper.

It doesn't get cheaper than free.

...For a 6 day stay using my reward points.

Edit.... [/b]disregard the joiner fee question. According to another thread they don't have one.

If there was a joiner fee, maybe you could have used point.

Take a look at the Marriott redemption chart.

It doesn't get cheaper than free.

If you're on points, then good for you, a nice place to stay

Mr DisleKsia? :GoldenSmile1:

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enoughâ€

“If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?â€

Albert Einstein

here is what i think...

1) Marriott location is great, rooms are adequate but getting a bit tired (stayed there back in 2006), the pool is great, prices for everything are very inflated (food/beverage/laundry)...for points, its a good stay...but, be aware that if the girls figure out you are staying there before you agree to a price, they will end up asking you a lot more as they know only "very rich" farangs stay there.

2) however, when the points are exhausted, have a look at www.pattayabayresort.com its where i have stayed the last 2 years (my first trip over i did the same thing as you, burned up some points at the Marriott before moving to a place on soi13)...or the LK Renaissance (google it) is also a good stay if you are spending your own money but still want something with all the ammenities that has a good location.

Hope that helps, Cheers, Alex

Marriott is certainly one of the best choice in Pattaya, i stay there some years ago but the room are renovated about 2 years ago, large garden, great location and nice view from the deluxe rooms on main bulding.

Thanks fellas.... I'll take all into consideration. Yes the stay will be FREE and I see they charge for internet per there web site..... I'll also look at the hotels recommended by Alex.

All the best,

PT

I stayed there about 1 year ago. Company paid. Tough work but I volunteered Nice hotel but they did add the joiner fee to my bill without saying a word. Never asked for girls ID they just acted like everything was cool. Had to pay for internet. One girl said you come Pattaya again not stay here to much money. Very nice hotel and if ya got points it's a good place to use'em.

Stayed here 2 1/2 yrs ago, nice hotel with decent food and pool with a great location.

Most important is dont get a room with the door facing 2nd road, I had and the door wasnt the best fitting the noise from the motorway known as 2nd road used to wake me up in the morning and was there for most of the day.

Hey Puro... I booked a points stay at the Marriott Pattaya in Nov/Dec. Two separate 5 nite stays during my 14 days on the ground.

I can confirm there is no joiner fee, as I did the research on this before booking.

I have never been to Patts... this is my first trip... BUT I will share that I am seriously considering cancelling my reservations and booking elsewhere for 2 reasons:

1) I totally agree with the comment about bringing TGs back to your Marriott room... they will think you are a Richey Rich.

2) From what I can tell, I can book 2 weeks worth of rooms for probably less than $1000 cash. I figure why burn 150,000 reward points for only $1k... I may just keep the points and use them in some other country, where I will have to pay $200 per night for a hotel room. Pattaya is so cheap... I am thinking burning points here is a WASTE.

Just my 2 cents.

If anyone can recommend a hotel JUST AS GOOD AS the Marriott for 2 weeks... please PM me asap. I need a room with a LARGE and UBER-CLEAN bathroom and tub. Anyone know of a place that has immaculate tile grout in the bathrooms, that meets these criteria?

I stayed at the Marriott last summer and at the LK Rennaissance last month. IMO the rooms at the LK are actually nicer than at the Marriott. However, you cannot beat the service at the Marriott and I think it has the best location in Patts. They do not charge a joiner's fee for one girl but will charge 600 baht if you bring two girls. They will take a girls ID at the reception if you walk them up there, but if you don't want to bother, then it is up to you.

Edited by tjvol

I can confirm this. I stayed there 2 times and never paid a joiner fee. for me the best location in Pattaya, but at a price.

bye

Hey Puro... I booked a points stay at the Marriott Pattaya in Nov/Dec. Two separate 5 nite stays during my 14 days on the ground.

I can confirm there is no joiner fee, as I did the research on this before booking.

I have never been to Patts... this is my first trip... BUT I will share that I am seriously considering cancelling my reservations and booking elsewhere for 2 reasons:

1) I totally agree with the comment about bringing TGs back to your Marriott room... they will think you are a Richey Rich.

2) From what I can tell, I can book 2 weeks worth of rooms for probably less than $1000 cash. I figure why burn 150,000 reward points for only $1k... I may just keep the points and use them in some other country, where I will have to pay $200 per night for a hotel room. Pattaya is so cheap... I am thinking burning points here is a WASTE.

Just my 2 cents.

Your right... I didnt want to burn up to many points so I used up 105,000 for 8 days. I'll still have plenty in the bank. I get rooms all the time on my rewards # do to the many projects I run here in the states. I'm talking about 10-15 rooms for 30 nights at a time... So i can build them back up pretty quickly.

I'd still like to venture out and get me a suite type room somewhere North or South patts... I'll figure it all out once I'm there.

Thanks for your advice... HH

If anyone can recommend a hotel JUST AS GOOD AS the Marriott for 2 weeks... please PM me asap. I need a room with a LARGE and UBER-CLEAN bathroom and tub. Anyone know of a place that has immaculate tile grout in the bathrooms, that meets these criteria?

What better location would you be talking about .

I would say that it has the best location for Walking Street.