Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Taah Lung

A friend of mine, was in his hotel room, with a lady he's BF'ed a few times,

and i walked in, basically we all were talking about the crazy time we had the previous night,

and his lady said "Taah Lung" - I felt it was a deragatory remark.

Does anyone know what it means??

Thanks

I think it means nasty, cruel or words to that effect

Many people translate it as 'saucy!' (said with the appropriate Kenneth Williams accent, of course).

It means, rude; blue (in the context of humour)inappropriate, coarsely sexy or dirty.

It's not a particularly bad word but most educated Thai people will lower their voice when saying it.

It can also be used to describe someone who is sexily dressed or who behaves sexily or who has many partners. It is quite negative in this context.

Items of clothing such as thongs, six inch heels and strap on willies are also talung!

Like a lot of words, it useage depends on context. Said between friends and lovers it is used for humorous effect. Said by bitching girls as a relflection on someone else it's not so nice.

Quite a difficult word to pin down, nuance wise, as we don't have a real equivalent in English (apart from saucy, of course) although the German, pienlisch (translated as embaressing) is close.

Good word though. Good word.

Thanks fellas :Hug1:

I'll tell my mate, he'll be relieved - even more so ,when we get back to Pattaya :Banana_Beard:

I concur, Taa Lung just means naughty. like if you see 2 dogs getting jiggy in the street, you could stop and say, mah taa lung!

I have been told by bangkok thais that isaan girls like to say taa lung. So i stopped using it around them.

I also had it as- cheeky in a naughty way

I have been told by bangkok thais that isaan girls like to say taa lung. So i stopped using it around them.

I also had it as- cheeky in a naughty way

they definitely like to "speak taaleung", which would be the equivalent to colloquial, somewhat cheeky language. ;)

A friend of mine, was in his hotel room, with a lady he's BF'ed a few times,

and i walked in, basically we all were talking about the crazy time we had the previous night,

and his lady said "Taah Lung" - I felt it was a deragatory remark.

Does anyone know what it means??

Thanks

her name wasn't Sai or real name wanna was it? new a girl who used that word all the time bcos I didnt no what it meant but now I do

What if you're not a POM & have never heard of Kenneth Williams? Does that mean you will have less fun in PB?

O yeah . We discussed this topic in useful Thai phrases recently.

• 1 month later...

Just for your information, depending on who is saying it, it sometimes sounds exacly like the swedish prase for "Take it easy". In a certain situation, wich i dont can comment on here :rolleyes: , i truly belived a girl knew swedish. :Chokdee:

This is a nice place to hang around, learned much so far.

Welcome to the board mikrob73!!!! :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

This phrase has been used to represent--STUPID-FORGETFUL-CRAZY and an assortment of other things..

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

• 2 weeks later...

If the Thai script is ทะเล้น with two high tones it means, as suggested above, a little naughty or cheeky. Te analogy with Kenneth Williams (or Frankie Howerd) is good.

Alan

it means perv... (perverted) .. krup chun taa lung...

No....no, not really.

I know that some dictionaries give the translation of perverted as 'tallung' but that's a mistake due to a misunderstanding of the English term.

Pit-sa-dan is closer, I believe in the sexual sense but still doesn't have the connotation of turning aside or corrupting that is contained in the English word.

By the way, I realise I am probably teaching my Granny to suck eggs here but, well, you have to hold the sides gently so they don't break then drill a smallhole in each end..............................

*WARNING. The above statement was prepared in a factory that uses irony. It may contain irony. It cannot be guaranteed as irony free. Readers with an adverse reaction to irony or irony based products should consume a pinch of salt before reading. Readers who have are known irony-deficient should seek professional help before continuing*

'I'd like to congratulate Chris Pattaya on being the smuggest cnut ever shat into God's creation', Unknown Mango Sauce contributer.

• 3 weeks later...