IGNORED

For the few BMs who actually do visit or may visit Tony's Disco

Whenever I go LOS I always treat myself to a number of traditional Thai massages. I also do the rounds of a number of discos. Places like Tony's I usually walk in, have a very quick look around (which is not easy in such a dark place) then walk out again. I am usually in and out of there within a couple of minutes.

But on my last trip, on my way out I noticed that there was a thai massage service on the premises. So, it was late at night (1.30am-ish) and maybe I wasn't thinking straight but I decided to give it a go.

It was the worst massage I have ever had in Thailand - by far. I believe it cost 500 baht for the basic massage so it wasn't cheap (plus tip of course). The lady giving the massage felt like she had learnt this ancient Thai skill from watching a friend do it. Either she did not know what she was doing or she didn't care or maybe she was just filling in for the real masseuse.

The other thing that was bad about the whole experience was that the noise from the disco was quite loud. So there was no chance of relaxing even if the massage were any good.

Looking back, one other thing that persuaded me to try the massage was the fact that both ladies on duty were dressed in robes. So I probably wanted to see what was under the robe and whether there would be any sexual connotation to the massage. Needless to say, my lady wasn't naked under the robe (hot pants and a sleeveless blouse from what I recall) and there was no 'inappropriate' touching - which would have at least compensated a little for the crummy massage.

Now, can anyone warn me off trying one of the Tony's short time rooms?

Whenever I go LOS I always treat myself to a number of traditional Thai massages. I also do the rounds of a number of discos. Places like Tony's I usually walk in, have a very quick look around (which is not easy in such a dark place) then walk out again. I am usually in and out of there within a couple of minutes.

But on my last trip, on my way out I noticed that there was a thai massage service on the premises. So, it was late at night (1.30am-ish) and maybe I wasn't thinking straight but I decided to give it a go.

It was the worst massage I have ever had in Thailand - by far. I believe it cost 500 baht for the basic massage so it wasn't cheap (plus tip of course). The lady giving the massage felt like she had learnt this ancient Thai skill from watching a friend do it. Either she did not know what she was doing or she didn't care or maybe she was just filling in for the real masseuse.

The other thing that was bad about the whole experience was that the noise from the disco was quite loud. So there was no chance of relaxing even if the massage were any good.

Looking back, one other thing that persuaded me to try the massage was the fact that both ladies on duty were dressed in robes. So I probably wanted to see what was under the robe and whether there would be any sexual connotation to the massage. Needless to say, my lady wasn't naked under the robe (hot pants and a sleeveless blouse from what I recall) and there was no 'inappropriate' touching - which would have at least compensated a little for the crummy massage.

Now, can anyone warn me off trying one of the Tony's short time rooms?

Why the hell did you give a tip???