IGNORED

STATE OF EMERGENCY DECLARED FOR BANGKOK, 5 OTHER PROVINCES

LaaMok

Pattaya is back to normal no trouble here ..........................If you can call Songkran normal :10of10Score:

Al.

I'm flying out tomorrow night and land on Wednesday. I'm not backing out unless they don't let me in. If I have to I can stay with the ex.

I'm your huckleberry.

i just got this off google news

At the nearby Century Park hotel, foreign tourists were seen rushing into taxis and heading for Bangkok's international airport.

On the here in the U.K they the forien office are advieing people not to travel to Bang kok at the moment. It is all so on the news that riating has broken out in Bangkok and sorrounding aries. Lets hope this all ends soon.

Dave

I arrive 8 May BKK so hopefully things will be died down by then. To all there, stay safe.

Just sent work an email to let them know i might not be able to make it back when i said i would be.

I was stuck here - though i really didn't mind! - when the airport protest was going on, and i really hope they don't get pissed off with me living here.

Not with the way the economy is right now!

I'm supposed to be picking a car up tomorrow in Bangkok and driving north to the wife's parents house. Maybe its safer to stay in Pattaya.

Flipping heck i just seen on the news they smashed up the pms car but he got away. great security huh?

Read somewhere that he wasn't in it! Dumb fucks!

I'm flying out tomorrow night and land on Wednesday. I'm not backing out unless they don't let me in. If I have to I can stay with the ex.

That to me is the height of hornyism! :GoldenSmile1::GoldenSmile1::GoldenSmile1:

sad to see this discord in los hope it is resolved without more violence

I am sorry for the Thais, but I this is not a problem for me. Less Japanese, families, package groups, and other party tourists raising prices. I prefer it when only hardcore experienced mongers are around......

I just hope nobody gets hurt.

STATE OF EMERGENCY DECLARED FOR BANGKOK, 5 OTHER PROVINCES

By The Nation

The government Sunday afternoon announced the state of emergency for Bangkok and some districts in satellite provinces.

The government reasoned that protesters had committed violence in the areas so the government had to declare the state of emergency to restore normality in the areas.

The areas include some districts in Nonthaburi, Samut Prakan, Pathum Thani, Nakhon Pathom and Ayutthaya.

Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thaugsuban will be chief enforcer of the state of emergency measures.

Police and soldiers as well as civil servants will assist Suthep in the operations to restore normality.

After the announcement, Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva went on TV live to explain the reasons behind the declaration of the state of emergency and give more details about the declaration.

Abhisit said the government had to declare the state of emergency because the government had to rush solve the problems before the situation escalate.

"The government has to declare the state emergency to restore normality as soon as possible," Abhisit said.

He said the government would do its best to avoid any loss to the people's life and he begged for public cooperation with the government to restore normality.

Abhisit said the chief enforcer of the state of emergency would have power to order arrests, searches of places as well as demolitions of any structure for the sake of law and order.

The statement said the entire Bangkok and Nonthaburi are under the state of emergency.

Muang district, Bang Phli, district and Prapradaeng district of Samut Prakan are placed under the state of emegency.

In Pahtum Thani, Lard Lumkaew district, Samkhok district, Lamluka district and Klong Luang district and Thanyaburi district are under the state of emergency.

In Nakhon Pathom, the state of emergency is applied to Buddhamonthon district.

In Ayutthaya, Lard Bua Luang district, Wang Noi district, Bang Pa-in district and Bang Sai district are under the state of emergnecy.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2009/04/12...es_30100326.php

Foreign Office for the U.K. are advising only "urgent travel" to Thailand for U.K. citizens at the present time.(How urgent does "giving the T.G. a good Rodgering" count?).

It really is sad for Thailand because most normal Thais just seem to want a quiet life where they can earn money and bring up their families safely.(A bit like most people everywhere).

If this stupidity continues it will cruxify the tourist industry(which was just starting to pick up after the other lots, airport stunt).

The money markets are casting gloomy figures on the Thai economy and it's recovery from the other problem (A little problem called a world recession)

So where does that leave L.O.S. ? Well I think the majority of mongers will continue to come as this catagory of people a the male "risk takers" anyway who generally won't be put off by a few bullets flying 100 miles away.....HOWEVER it will greatly reduce the number of couples (Got to go with the wife she won't let me go with the lads...er we are going to Phucket cos the wife says there are those nasy prostitute types in that Pattaya....)

So it's not good because the tourist industry needs all types and a lot of those will give Thailand a miss this year......Not good for me my bar needs touists just the same as any in Pattaya!!!