Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

STATE OF EMERGENCY DECLARED FOR BANGKOK, 5 OTHER PROVINCES

LaaMok

STATE OF EMERGENCY DECLARED FOR BANGKOK, 5 OTHER PROVINCES

By The Nation

The government Sunday afternoon announced the state of emergency for Bangkok and some districts in satellite provinces.

The government reasoned that protesters had committed violence in the areas so the government had to declare the state of emergency to restore normality in the areas.

The areas include some districts in Nonthaburi, Samut Prakan, Pathum Thani, Nakhon Pathom and Ayutthaya.

Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thaugsuban will be chief enforcer of the state of emergency measures.

Police and soldiers as well as civil servants will assist Suthep in the operations to restore normality.

After the announcement, Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva went on TV live to explain the reasons behind the declaration of the state of emergency and give more details about the declaration.

Abhisit said the government had to declare the state of emergency because the government had to rush solve the problems before the situation escalate.

"The government has to declare the state emergency to restore normality as soon as possible," Abhisit said.

He said the government would do its best to avoid any loss to the people's life and he begged for public cooperation with the government to restore normality.

Abhisit said the chief enforcer of the state of emergency would have power to order arrests, searches of places as well as demolitions of any structure for the sake of law and order.

The statement said the entire Bangkok and Nonthaburi are under the state of emergency.

Muang district, Bang Phli, district and Prapradaeng district of Samut Prakan are placed under the state of emegency.

In Pahtum Thani, Lard Lumkaew district, Samkhok district, Lamluka district and Klong Luang district and Thanyaburi district are under the state of emergency.

In Nakhon Pathom, the state of emergency is applied to Buddhamonthon district.

In Ayutthaya, Lard Bua Luang district, Wang Noi district, Bang Pa-in district and Bang Sai district are under the state of emergnecy.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2009/04/12...es_30100326.php

Well i never thought i would say it but i guess at the moment i'm actually glad i'm not in LOS.

Shit that's sad.

Well i never thought i would say it but i guess at the moment i'm actually glad i'm not in LOS.

Shit that's sad. man I hope they take care of this quicky last year the airport thing now this. I won't be back there to next year you guy of there stay safe.

mickeylo

Damm.. I fly in Friday. Going to Bkk for 3 days.. Hope I can get to Cowboy..

Edited by Skate

Three friends and a family member landed late thursday.....no word of any danger...that's a good thing stay safe guys!

I'm going to LOS for Loy Krathong. Hoping yellow and reed will merge to orange (See som) to make peace and understanding

บินวา

Flipping heck i just seen on the news they smashed up the pms car but he got away. great security huh?

this is just another power struggle there will be no winners only loosers .

and as always the poor will be the ones to suffer,i hope this does not escilate as this could kill tourisim in thailand .stay calm everyone and stay safe

Was in Bangkok during the Black May protests in 1992 which was, to this point, one of Thailands' darkest days with the 'alleged' shooting by police of hundreds of protestors and I heard nothing of the events until I returned to London. I remember hitting the nighlife without hindrance. The face of the media has changed much since then with the advent of the internet and much more information gets out, but even so, I will be arriving into Bangkok 25th April and I must say I am not unduly concerned, other than for the Thai protestors and those relying on tourism for their business. Just hope the police and army continue to show constraint and no further deaths occur as a result of this political stand off

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?
Oh..I nearly forgot..Ehhhh?

ALLEY

Was in Bangkok during the Black May protests in 1992 which was, to this point, one of Thailands' darkest days with the 'alleged' shooting by police of hundreds of protestors and I heard nothing of the events until I returned to London. I remember hitting the nighlife without hindrance. The face of the media has changed much since then with the advent of the internet and much more information gets out, but even so, I will be arriving into Bangkok 25th April and I must say I am not unduly concerned, other than for the Thai protestors and those relying on tourism for their business. Just hope the police and army continue to show constraint and no further deaths occur as a result of this political stand off

See you in pattaya then buddy Flying out this week i will give you a call take care craig.

See you in pattaya then buddy Flying out this week i will give you a call take care craig.

Be great to see you my great mate :10of10Score: Arrive into LOS 25th but not into Pattaya until the 28th..Safe flight

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?
Oh..I nearly forgot..Ehhhh?

ALLEY

Why can't Thaksin and his cronies just give up control and leave Thailand. The last 3 pm's have been Thaksin, his brother in law or an apointee of his. The man should eat shit and die. Leave Thailand alone :Chokdee3:

:10of10Score: there in July

This will get ugly. Thaksin is talking about a revolution... Maybe have to cancel my trip in May, this shit won't stop anytime soon...

Most Thais want Taksin , because he is good for the poor people.. Just said on the BBC Britain Advises not to travel to Thailand, Again

I'm going to LOS for Loy Krathong. Hoping yellow and reed will merge to orange (See som) to make peace and understanding

Well, you've got 6 months yet, so who knows how it will pan out by then!

Wow. Thats some really crazy stuff going on there with the red shirts and government. Its funny that there is no mention of that here in the U.S. ....well, California anyway. Nothing in the news here about ASEAN summit or the protests.

well it does seems to escalate at the moment... :10: will land on saturday...but not sure i will stay in bkk the first 3 day as planned... just might head for pattaya straigt away, as i believe the worst is over there now,as the summit has been cancelled.

just hopes they dont block the airports now..

Guest WetSpot

Your worried about May???? I leave tonight. Ain't no little boxing match gonna stop me. Maybe it's a good idea, perhaps not; however, I live by the rule - You lose 100% of the opportunities not tried.

This will get ugly. Thaksin is talking about a revolution... Maybe have to cancel my trip in May, this shit won't stop anytime soon...

I am not there but i think Walking Street will be the same and so will be the other soi's . Foe the people that live there is it dangerous now or has it all gone now ?