IGNORED

I've got an S.T.D.

Prodigy

Found it.

Cabinet data on stolen BlackBerry

A BlackBerry

Mr Curtis paid £150 to the homeless man for the device

A BlackBerry sold by a homeless man to a student has been found to contain the personal details of cabinet ministers, top civil servants and police officers.

Journalism student Darryl Curtis said it held hundreds of phone numbers, with data which led him to think it belonged to an ex-Sheffield council chief.

Details of cabinet ministers including Ed Balls and David Miliband were on the BlackBerry, said Mr Curtis, 44.

Police believe it was stolen from a car and that they have traced the owner.

Mr Curtis, who is studying at Sheffield Hallam University, told the Sheffield Star he had bought the device while working on an assignment about homelessness.

"One of the homeless guys knew I was a journalism student and said his friend had a BlackBerry with the numbers for Tony Blair and Buckingham Palace on it," he said.

Passwords

After paying £150 for the device, Mr Curtis discovered it held the numbers for Mr Balls, the Children's Secretary, and the Foreign Secretary Mr Miliband, along with ex-deputy prime minister John Prescott.

Mr Blair's number was not stored on the device. However, Mr Curtis said he found the National Insurance number, home address and computer passwords of a former chief executive of Sheffield City Council.

Public fears about the security of data held by public bodies have been heightened by a series of high-profile cases involving government departments and hospitals.

A South Yorkshire police spokesman said: "We are satisfied we have traced the owner but an investigation continues into the circumstances of a reported theft.

"There was a theft of a BlackBerry from a car, involving a forced entry, in September 2006. The BlackBerry will remain in police hands until further inquiries are carried out.

"We have made arrangements with the owner to identify the device."

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• el_jefe

• Prodigy

• munky73770

• yeaialwayswearone

Try not to worry mate..even if your condom broke statistically your chances of acquiring HIV from a one off episode are very slim (less than 1 in 1000). There are plenty on this board who love to be flippant about risks etc until it is them biting their nails!

who was being flippant? if you are referring to one that says "if you are barebacking, ..." keep in mind the clear definition of barebacking is purposely engaging in sex without a condom. Which post were you referring to again?

Edited by el_jefe

Very well said

So, you feel a deep sympathy for people who purposely bareback and then get themselves and others sick? I'm sure you will feel the same if you catch something from them??

Let's keep this thread on track about the OP's issue.

Edited by el_jefe

Been thru the 3 months waiting test a few times LOL.the anxiety is a killer :( ..I always check up when I return from LOS, even though I don't bareback - except the one time it did happen and the condom broke 3 times in a few trips..test at 1 month then 2 months then 3 months at any GUM clinic.. till u get the 3month all clear, you'll be shitting bricks :10of10Score:

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction - "it was just the internet.." is not an excuse.

you go with tarts you take the risk of it happening,stop whining.

Was I whining? I did not think anxiety was a form of whining, I have no regrets about my time spent in Pattaya.

erm....am being a bit thick here? what makes you think its an std? did you mention what the symptoms are?

After I got back I developed a urinary infection (whitish/yellow discharge) and it took 3 weeks and 3 courses of antibiotics to clear it up, the doctor had swabs and test done but the results came back negative. But the main thing that worried me was that I was having really bad night sweats also a throat infection and headaches, having read many pages on the internet these symptoms are common and is nothing solid to base a diagnosis on. It has changed my attitude and I will be very cautious in the future.

WHERE I STEP IS WHERE I LAND, LIFE ALWAYS LOOKS BETTER FROM A NEW PERSPECTIVE

The urinary infection (whitish/yellow discharge) happens when you dehidrate your body.I think in your case Prodigy from alot of alcohol.Next time you come to Los buy a detox tea (not expensive and found in most chemists) and drink it every morning and stay away from alcohol till the evening.

I caught clamidiya (not sure on the spelling there) when I was in the Phillies; the condom came off okay. After misdiagnosing myself and taking the pill for gonnorhea (not sure on the spelling there either), I rediagnosed myself and got the right pill. It was all cleared up within four hours.

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools

I caught clamidiya (not sure on the spelling there) when I was in the Phillies; the condom came off okay. After misdiagnosing myself and taking the pill for gonnorhea (not sure on the spelling there either), I rediagnosed myself and got the right pill. It was all cleared up within four hours.

I think that is why you take both zithromax and rocephin to treat chlamydia and gonorrhea. They (diseases) are like spoon and fork.

The earliest test (before 6 weeks after risky behavior) I would recommend is to obtain HIV DNA PCR (polymerase chain test).

Because about 95% of person will develop antibodies detectable by screening tests within 6 weeks after infection I would recommed regular ELISA test

Now regular ELISA test/Western blot may show false positive esp those individuals with flu or rare connective tissue disease.

Now here is a catch: there is a small incidence of individuals (<1%) who are infected with HIV for up to 36 months without generating an antibody response. :GrinNod1: Thus HIV DNA PCR test is good for those small percentage of individuals...

Hopefully I confused most of you so please use the condom.

Take care.

I think that is why you take both zithromax and rocephin to treat chlamydia and gonorrhea. They (diseases) are like spoon and fork.

The earliest test (before 6 weeks after risky behavior) I would recommend is to obtain HIV DNA PCR (polymerase chain test).

Because about 95% of person will develop antibodies detectable by screening tests within 6 weeks after infection I would recommed regular ELISA test

Now regular ELISA test/Western blot may show false positive esp those individuals with flu or rare connective tissue disease.

Now here is a catch: there is a small incidence of individuals (<1%) who are infected with HIV for up to 36 months without generating an antibody response. :Chokdee3: Thus HIV DNA PCR test is good for those small percentage of individuals...

Hopefully I confused most of you so please use the condom.

Take care.

There's debate as to how effective PCR tests are in detecting all subtypes.

i just got the all clear today from the clinic after i barebacked the same girl several times!!

when i returned (febuary) within 2 days i had swallen glands cough dizzy strangely very tired didnt get out of bed for 3 days then it went, decided to look if hiv had any symptons and what do you know i had nearly all of them!! went down to the clinic they said its to soon (only a week after) eney way still got it done (pretty pointless) came back negative and the doc said come back in 12 weeks!

i shat myself for them 12 weeks worried every single day every hour every minute. still puttin money away for my next trip i was thinking whats the point i convinced my self i had it! i stayed in touch with that bg kept saying to her, im worriying about my blood, she kept saying "you be ok im clean" she said she had a blood test aswell and it clean i just coulnt beleive her as it was my first time there!

so the 12 weeks was up and it was my time, got the test done and negative i never felt so happy when i heard that!

i hate condoms which is why i chose not to wear 1, but after this experiance they will be my new best friends and if i cant get it up with 1 on i aint fucking simple as that now (easy to say when your sober)

if any 1 is having the symptons try not to worry to much i had nearly all of them and im fine.

SO ONWARDS AND UPWARDS I RETURN IN JUNE :) ARMED WITH 100 CONDOMS :D

:)

If iam alone on the prowl, i have always zitromax with me, but last time (ahhh soi-6 BBBJ with some symptoms alfterwards) i probably did not used it right and was sitting on the toilet for 3 hours... :D

Often one of the side effects of Zithro is the shits cause its kills all bacteria, both the good and the bad.

Stay away from Vitamins and especially calcium (Tums or antiacid) as it interacts with calcium and will make u puke too.

Edited by SlickMonkey

There's debate as to how effective PCR tests are in detecting all subtypes.

That's interesting, but it must be working reasonably well because we are not hearing of people getting HIV from blood transfusions any more.

Obviously you can't use antibody tests on a pint of blood in a plastic bag, because it is never going to develop the antibodies if they were not present when the blood was taken - but if the actual virus is present, the blood could still infect the transfusion patient who receives it. AFAIK, a PCR test for viral DNA is the only option for testing donated blood.

If anyone knows better, please correct me if I am wrong.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Take Zithromax, it usually clears almost anything up pretty quick.... Ummmm... how do I know that. LOL...

Ahhh, Zithromax. A monger's friend when in need!

Eat. Down. South.

I remember when I was about 19, and felt like I was pissing razor blades. Not quite as bad as what happened to my best friend though. He had bb'd a girl he had brought home from a night club in the states, after having sex, the girl told him she had HPV. And she wanted to continue seeing him, and having sex with him, basically making him her boyfriend through the course. When it came time for him to ask her to pay for the treatment to control HPV, she had no idea what kind of medication would be given, my friend did though thanks to my advice and a quick google search.

As it turned out, this girl had nothing at all, she had only concocted the HPV story, in an attempt to have a relationship, in which he would not feel comfortable sleeping with other ladies. Now I don't know how he felt, as which was scarier, the time you thought you had the STD and seen the future becoming very limited for you, or the fact that this girl went to such extremes to keep a steady boyfriend. P.S. Can you say psycho :P

That's interesting, but it must be working reasonably well because we are not hearing of people getting HIV from blood transfusions any more.

Obviously you can't use antibody tests on a pint of blood in a plastic bag, because it is never going to develop the antibodies if they were not present when the blood was taken - but if the actual virus is present, the blood could still infect the transfusion patient who receives it. AFAIK, a PCR test for viral DNA is the only option for testing donated blood.

If anyone knows better, please correct me if I am wrong.

P24 antigen may be used too but that's not as accurate. PCR tests are primed for Subtype CRFAE in Thailand.

In the UK they say PCR tests can pick up all strains but there is debate about how accurate these are. The only case I have read of a guy who contracted HIV in Thailand, the guy was undetectable without any meds after 17 months. That sounds like there could be something wrong with the test to me.

There are less problems with blood transfusions in the West because high risk groups are rightly asked not to give blood. In the UK thay ask if you have had sex with a prostitute in the last 12 months or are gay.

In China there is a big problem with contaminated blood but it gets covered up. I also read about a case where a forum member's wife got HIV from a blood transfusion in a Thai hospital.

You don't want it on your record at home because of Insurance reasons.

See thats why I NEVER go out there messing with those BG's. You can catch an STD anywhere but I'd rather mess around in a country where the occurance is significantly lower!

Edited by sinkorswim
swearing. do not use bad language in this section.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I caught HPV............had the warts lasered off for 5500 Baht. It was kind of weird seeing smoke rising from my genital area lol.

I wore a condom while in patts, so I got this stuff from skin to skin contact, yet I remember never seeing any warts on any of the girls I was with.

Life is a b*tch.

just got back from another trip

this time i said i wouldn't fuck any bar girls in Thailand... who was i kidding?

had a condom split... i think i relised fairly quickly though and got my fella out of there as soon as i could

she gave me warts, doh!

i think I'll just wait 6 months for a hiv test this time, i don't really feel that stressed cos i know her through friends, i guess i should be though...

Edited by another_addict

• 1 month later...

Incidentally, for HIV, it is rather rare to have an immediate reaction, I believe.

I hope it's not hep a or b.

Very rare! HIV can take years to come up in you, usually months, but very, very rarely within 14 days.

I been tested everytime I've come back. Lucky for me nothing has ever come up. On my first trip I went BB on all my blowies I coped. As well I had one break on me last night I was there so I got a little worried. The funny thing was when the thing broke and the Girl realised she freak out and jump in the shower and put the shower head up there and tried to wash it. I was losing it laughing telling her that not gonna do nothing, I was also thinking at least she worried, so she must have nothing. I know how feels to be uneasier about this, the first time they tested me they stuff up my results and didnt get them back until 4 month later. It really put me off going BB again over there, it not worth the head do's when you get back.

I would like to remind member not to use bad language or swear in the open section. This is clearly stated in the section heading.

I would like to remind member not to use bad language or swear in the open section. This is clearly stated in the section heading.

Information that might help you: HIV strikes you as a flu-like sickness usually about 2 to 4 weeks following initial infection. The symptoms usually last 3 to 14 days and go away on their own, just like the flu. It is estimated 50% to 90% of persons infected will get this syndrome. The most common symptoms are fever (fever means 100藲F or higher), sore throat, swollen glands in the neck, armpits and groin, muscle and joint pains, rash and/or night sweats. Less common symptoms include weight loss (10 to 15 pounds), diarrhea, nausea, headache, and, very rarely, yeast infections of the mouth (thrush). Respiratory things like runny nose, sinus infection, coughing, sneezing, etc. are not generally considered symptoms of this syndrome.

The symptoms do not generally last longer than 14 days and will rarely occur 6 or more weeks after exposure. The symptoms may range from mild to severe, but mild symptoms will typically last a shorter period of time than severe ones, and the symptoms that are going to occur usually do so all at once. After this period, you most likely will not get another HIV-related illness for 10 or more years; however, there have been rare cases where the person went directly into AIDS following ARS.

All of these symptoms may be caused by other factors, including the flu or stress. You cannot diagnose HIV based on symptoms, only by testing; however, if you experience these symptoms after a high-risk encounter, you may want to see your doctor.

Carpe Diem