IGNORED

Newbie Cell Phone help

William1

Aplogies in advance if addressed here somewhere else.I have an older Motorola Star Tac phone I wanted to bring on my trip from the USA in a couple of weeks Any idea if a SIM card would work with this phone? Also, any recommendation as to where to go is greatly appreciated....close to Pattaya Bay resort would be ideal.

Aplogies in advance if addressed here somewhere else.I have an older Motorola Star Tac phone I wanted to bring on my trip from the USA in a couple of weeks Any idea if a SIM card would work with this phone? Also, any recommendation as to where to go is greatly appreciated....close to Pattaya Bay resort would be ideal.

Doubtful, if it is the GSM model it might, but it might not be quad band. To be safe get an unlocked, quad band, GSM phone off ebay or something and you will be fine.

I find it very funny that you are still using a Motorola Star Tac. LOL.... You can buy a cheap phone upon arrival and save you any headaches.

Best of luck.

I find it very funny that you are still using a Motorola Star Tac. LOL.... You can buy a cheap phone upon arrival and save you any headaches.

Best of luck.

:GoldenSmile1: Not using the phone...its been sitting in a box for a few years...just thought it would be a good "throwaway" if it works

if its at least a tri-band phone, then it should still work in los?

Ary ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba

"I kikiyat everything, I never kikiyat boom boom!"

lbfucker.gif

The Startac is a dual band phone and probably won't work. Do yourself a favor and donate for tax write off and buy yourself a $25-30 Nokia throwaway.