IGNORED

Newbie needs some advice on travelling Thailand please

R-KivE

Hello,

Around the end of may I plan on travelling to a few places in Thailand.

This is the rough plan so far,

Arrive in Bangkok and stay for around 2 nights

Bangkok to Phuket and stay in Phuket for around a week

Phuket to Koh Phangan and stay in Phangan for 3 nights for Full moon party.

Koh Phangan to Koh Tao and stay in Tao for a week.

Then Tao to Pattaya and stay in Pattaya for 1/2 weeks.

Can anyone give me some options of transport for these locations? We will would like to do the travelling for cheap but not uncomfortable.

As much info as possible please :)

gk9qT.png

BKK to Phuket get the bus. Im sure it will take around 16 hours. You can get the VIP bus (ie it has air con and comfier seats) for small money

As for heading over to Samui/Phangan, just get the bus from Phuket, then a ferry over. Not the fastest way to travel, but if you are on a budget, thats the way to do it.

Remember, Air Asia offer VERY cheap rates these days. So maybe check their website to see if its in your budget. You will get to Phuket within the hour as opposed to a day later (and knackered from sitting about !)

I wouldnt consider taking the train for long journeys. very uncomfortable and slow

Yeah i'd have to say the bus as often as possible buddy. Airasia flights are around 2,000 baht after tax and fees so you can save the hastle of a 8-9 hour bus ride from Bkk to Phuket

For help or advice with Vehicle Inspections and Repair anywhere in Thailand, send me a PM!

มีคนเป็นล้านคน ช่างไร้เหตผลุจริงๆ ที่เราเจอà¸à¸±à¸™

Im also going to be travelling quite a bit next trip (had some great advice from luvyoulongtime!) Hitting Cambodia-Chang Mai-Pattaya-Koh Chang.

Checked Air Asia and apprx 80 return for Bangkok - Phuket, no way would i do 16 hrs on a bus to save that, the time itself is more valuable.

Im also going to be travelling quite a bit next trip (had some great advice from luvyoulongtime!) Hitting Cambodia-Chang Mai-Pattaya-Koh Chang.

Checked Air Asia and apprx 80 return for Bangkok - Phuket, no way would i do 16 hrs on a bus to save that, the time itself is more valuable.

My thoughts exactly, but some people really need to save their cash at every opportunity, which is fair enough. My first trip 16 years ago was like that. You can still have a fabulous time in LOS on small money. Its obviously A LOT more fun when you have a bigger wad of cash in your wallet though :D

My thoughts exactly, but some people really need to save their cash at every opportunity, which is fair enough. My first trip 16 years ago was like that. You can still have a fabulous time in LOS on small money. Its obviously A LOT more fun when you have a bigger wad of cash in your wallet though :D