IGNORED

Golf Hub Pattaya

Tuna Town

Went down and had an hour down here the other week. Located at Soi Backhao upstairs from the Cafe Amazon opposite Witherspoon's 

Was quite impressed with it. 

500 baht for an hour in AC smacking some balls. Can be cheaper if you buy your hours in bulk and they also do lessons 

Can bring your own clubs or they have clubs to use if you are looking for something to do 

The mirrors to the side and behind were an interesting touch 

Did fuck with my head when I kept seeing the stat on the push pull and seeing how far I was coming in from the right most of the time even when I was hitting them straight 

IMG20230425152612.jpg

IMG20230425152656.jpg

IMG20230425152653.jpg

IMG20230425154001.jpg

IMG20230425154107.jpg

IMG20230425154645.jpg

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I used this facility when it first opened in Soi Baku. Paul managed to sort out my slice. A few lessons and a lot of practice in the hub worked for me. Learning the mechanics and science of the swing and resulting flight path was invaluable for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow…2,500 for a lesson is pricey IMHO.

Edited by LOTTELLEE WINNA

19 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Wow…2,500 for a lesson is pricey IMHO.

No idea what they are like but they are compatible to Aussie prices 

I pay $70 AUD for 30 mins so these are slightly cheaper 

• Like 1

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

22 minutes ago, Tuna Town said:

No idea what they are like but they are compatible to Aussie prices 

I pay $70 AUD for 30 mins so these are slightly cheaper 

I guess that’s my point - wage rates in LoS are a fraction of what they are in Australia. My lad gets 3 lessons a week from a Thai PGA pro here in Udon Thani, we pay 8,000THB for 10 x 1.5 hour lessons.

PS Looks like nice facilities at the Golf Hub.

Edited by LOTTELLEE WINNA

34 minutes ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

I guess that’s my point - wage rates in LoS are a fraction of what they are in Australia. My lad gets 3 lessons a week from a Thai PGA pro here in Udon Thani, we pay 8,000THB for 10 x 1.5 hour lessons.

PS Looks like nice facilities at the Golf Hub.

Paul the Australian does not want to work for Thai wages I guess?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, penboy said:

Paul the Australian does not want to work for Thai wages I guess?

Certainly looks that way. If customers are prepared to pay Western rates here in Thailand for his services, then good on him. It’s a market forces thing, and he must be doing something right. Maybe some Falang are more comfortable getting golf lessons from a fellow westerner.

Paul's short time rate of 2500 bt/hour looks to be in the normal range for Pattaya I guess.  Plus the cost of the room is included...I wonder if the competition is very stiff in that part of town.

"If a man could fuck a woman in a cardboard box, he wouldn't buy a house". - Dave Chappelle

19 minutes ago, hoback said:

Paul's short time rate of 2500 bt/hour looks to be in the normal range for Pattaya I guess.  Plus the cost of the room is included...I wonder if the competition is very stiff in that part of town.

I think that another ''golf hub'' with very similar set up has set up on the darkside? Can't remember exact details or even where I saw it.

On 21/05/2023 at 19:17, penboy said:

I think that another ''golf hub'' with very similar set up has set up on the darkside? Can't remember exact details or even where I saw it.

I went there the other day, Simon is the name of the Pro. he is really good at his stuff. He sorted me out with my slice and some posture adjustments to work on, it made a big difference . with regular practice back home I'm hoping I can shave a few shots from my game.

On 21/05/2023 at 20:17, penboy said:

Left side of Siam Country Club rd as u haed out of town. Before chicken cross roads