IGNORED

Walk-in, or pay by internet in advance?

asiaexpat

im coming to pattaya from bangkok sat morning for 3 nights

the sunshine vista serviced place on soi 3 seems to meet my needs but im not sure how to proceed

the website rate is 2250 per night--also requires a deposit online

but the sawadee.com can get me the same room for 1950--but they want me to pay by credit card over the web. which i am reluctant to do.

the other option is to walk in sat morning

anyone have any experience with this sawadee.com payment service? or should take my chances walking in?

the other hotels i wanted are already booked--areco and lk metropole

or any other suggestions--ill be driving myself sat morning

Why don't you send them an email (or call them) and see if they will give you the same rate as sawadee are offering? You might find that they will as they get the full 1950 Baht by cutting out Sawadee.com.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

walk in..this time of year you should have no problem...haggle..haggle

maybe keep the name of a backup hotel incase it goes pearshaped

theres prob only another 20,000 rooms available..lol :P

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

walk in..this time of year you should have no problem...haggle..haggle

maybe keep the name of a backup hotel incase it goes pearshaped

theres prob only another 20,000 rooms available..lol :D

This true there are lots of rooms available now.

However it is ALWAYS the case that the best fill first so even when visitor numbers are low you run the risk that your first choice hotel/room is booked up. It doesn't filter down evenly when visitor numbers are low - same the gogos, when visitor numbers are low thge best are still packed and the rest have seats to spare.

A good example being the QV on Soi 6. I tried to book it for a friend but they were booked solid.

Pros are as follows

Walk in - can haggle and get a good price

Book in Advance - guaranteed to get the room of choice.

Cons

Walk in - run the risk of not getting 1st choice PLUS you could be trudging around Pattaya for a while finding one you want.

Book in Advance - not necessarily the optimum price available.

If you are not really bothered about where you stay then walk in is a decent option.

Dont forget the Addicts hotel booking guys - not always the cheapest for every hotel I know but quite a lot are, especially Areca which is still always popular.

http://www.pattayahotelreviews.com/hotels-pattaya/

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

This true there are lots of rooms available now.

However it is ALWAYS the case that the best fill first so even when visitor numbers are low you run the risk that your first choice hotel/room is booked up. It doesn't filter down evenly when visitor numbers are low - same the gogos, when visitor numbers are low thge best are still packed and the rest have seats to spare.

A good example being the QV on Soi 6. I tried to book it for a friend but they were booked solid.

Pros are as follows

Walk in - can haggle and get a good price

Book in Advance - guaranteed to get the room of choice.

Cons

Walk in - run the risk of not getting 1st choice PLUS you could be trudging around Pattaya for a while finding one you want.

Book in Advance - not necessarily the optimum price available.

If you are not really bothered about where you stay then walk in is a decent option.

Dont forget the Addicts Hotel booking guys - not always the cheapest for every hotel I know but quite a lot are, especially Areca which is still always popular.

http://www.pattayahotelreviews.com/hotels-pattaya/

Very true!! Try walking in to Pattaya Bay Resort and trying to get a room. They are always booked solid.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

• 2 weeks later...

Our prices are the same as on the website for walk ins and we will sometimes do a deal with discount depending on the amount of days wanted.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg