Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Dynasty Grande and Dawin

Stumpdog

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to find these. I know the location of the Old Dynasty almost opposite Nana hotel so directions from there would be great. Thanks in advance.

Dynasty Grande just keep walking up soi 4 till you come to the dog leg of Soi 6 - its about 50 metres along Soi 6

Dawin - same as above but do not turn left onto Soi 6 - about another 50 metres up soi 4

Stayed Dawin last weekend for first time - good place and either their or the Grande would do me in the future

Hi, thanks for that. Is Dawin quiet? Possible to get some good sleep?

Dynasty Grande just keep walking up soi 4 till you come to the dog leg of soi 6 - its about 50 metres along soi 6

Dawin - same as above but do not turn left onto soi 6 - about another 50 metres up soi 4

Stayed Dawin last weekend for first time - good place and either their or the Grande would do me in the future

I'm deciding about which one to stay at next month. They both seem pretty good.

If you had to satay at one, which one would it be - considering value for money, etc.

Thanks.

Hi, thanks for that. Is Dawin quiet? Possible to get some good sleep?

I had room 703 top floor facing away from street - would not know you were in BKK it was so quiet and with only about 3 rooms on that floor no noise from lots of other guests.

I'm deciding about which one to stay at next month. They both seem pretty good.

If you had to satay at one, which one would it be - considering value for money, etc.

Thanks.

When paying for myself in BKK (On biz its the Erawan, Plaza Athenee or Sheraton Grande) I have used the Dynasty Grande every time since December 2006 till last weekend where I used Dawin just to try it.

Not much to choose between the two - Dawin a boutique hotel with small hotel and very small restaurant at reception. Prices very similar but Dawin has better rooms and TV being brand new

Depends what you like really but as I said any one will do me for a fun visit

When paying for myself in BKK (On biz its the Erawan, Plaza Athenee or Sheraton Grande) I have used the Dynasty Grande every time since December 2006 till last weekend where I used Dawin just to try it.

Not much to choose between the two - Dawin a boutique hotel with small hotel and very small restaurant at reception. Prices very similar but Dawin has better rooms and TV being brand new

Depends what you like really but as I said any one will do me for a fun visit

Thanks mate.....still unsure lol.

Guess I'll just contact both for availability and whoever replies first wins lol.

Cheers.

On the subject, I want to check out Soi Cowboy and nana plaza never been there but heard so much I'll do a 2 day stopover in BKK on my next trip in June. One night in each area. Is it better to find something on the net and prebook or just as easy to go walkabout sus the place out and find a suitable cheapie. Any other suggestions. Are soi cowboy and nana far from each other, maybe get a place for two nights with good proximity to both places?

No need to spend one night in each area. They are a 20 minute walk along a very busy and interesting road (freelancers and bars along the way) or just a few minutes and 50 baht on a motocycle taxi. Or one stop on the skytrain.

Depending on what time you arrive, season and budget determines the need to pre book. Rocking up allows you to sus the rooms out before committing.

There are more hotels down the Nana end of varying budgets.

I have stayed at The Ruamchitt hotel near Soi 15. B1500. Avoid the cheaper rooms!!! The newer rooms are ok, better newer and cleaner than the Nana hotel and it has a seldom used rooftop pool. Exit the hotel and turn left - Soi Cowboy in 5-7 minutes. Turn right - Nana in 10.

Thanks acoolbreeze, good stuff. Just hope :ThankGod1: the unrest settles down by early June, as I'll be there on 5th 6th stay in BKK 2 nights and than off to my favorite Pattaya. I can deal with 3000baht for 2 nights I assume the hotel is girl friendly and dont have any hidden charges, I've been stung once and bit more weary now. Also, I take it would be reasnoable to obtain services of a FL LT for about 1500-2000 baht? as from fallowing forums BKK girls expect more than in Pattaya. BTW, the cheaper hotels apart from being bit more doggy are they at greater risk on personal safety?

I only have 2 weeks holiday so I want to ensure they are good ones so if the unrest doesnt settle down :GoldenSmile1: I might just go and spend some time in PI. Or just stay on in PP :Chokdee5: as I'll be there for the first 5-6 days anyway. But again thank you for your input. :GoldenSmile1:

• 1 year later...

anyone stayed here lately ? still GF ? i'm trying to decide between dynasty grande and heaven at 4....thoughts ?

I spent a week there in November '10. Still girl-friendly (and LB, for anyone interested) and quite a pleasant hotel. The A/C can be a little wayward with controlling the temperature and fires the draught directly at the head of the bed. The bathroom has no 'bum gun', which I consider to be a major oversight in a Thai hotel ! The rooms are clean and compact and staff are friendly and pleasant. No free breakfast, although that may not be a deal-breaker - but the restaurant is fairly priced and food is good. The pool on the roof is very small - I used it 1st-thing in the morning to get an hour's rays - later on there is no chance of a lounger. Downsides...like most hotels around the area, it is busy in the corridors until the early hours. The corridors are uncarpeted and will act like an echo chamber if you have ignorant neighbours.

I have found Majestic Suites and Aspen Suites to be quieter hotels if a good night's sleep is important.

• 6 months later...

I have stayed at both the ,Dynasty's you are talking about ---The one across from Nana hotel and the one up the street -the Grande . Both in the last 12 months and I will say both are just fine . The one down by Nana is cheeper but still good . Also if you book there hotel down in Pattaya on SOI 13 you get a free ride down to it . The one in Pattaya is all right to and a 2 min walk to the beach or the bus ride up to Walking Street .

None

The night staff at Dynasty Grande came running after me when I arrived with two ladies and charged me, I think, 500 B for the second lady. I won't go there again.

which is the closest to nana.... dynasty grande, darwin, dynasty or heaven @4 ?

also does anhyone know if any have 24 hr restaurant or room service ?

Edited by Thee Hammer

which is the closest to nana.... dynasty grande, darwin, dynasty or heaven @4 ?

also does anhyone know if any have 24 hr restaurant or room service ?

All 4 hotels are walking distance to Nana Plaza

The Dynasty would be the closest followed by H4 and then Dawin and DG

I don't know about 24 hr room service .. Email the hotels I would have thought would be an obvious thing to do ????