IGNORED

2006 trip to Kanchanaburi

lookbothways

I have to add my appreciation for Kanchanaburi here.

My wife is from Kan and we visit every year. I could retire in Kan, but there are no english speaking schools and yes its hot. Socially and with regards to things to do the place grows on me everytime I go.

There are a few farangs if you start looking and several farang restaurants (The Jolly Frog, 1 more - Bar) and new housing is coming up for an afordable price.

We stayed in the Felix Resort dunring the 2 weeks we spent when I married and I really enjoyed it. I got 50% though, as wifey's friend is the procurement Mgr at the resort.

Have had dinner at River Kwai hotel and for a visit I would recommend it both value for money and socially with the disco and Bar.

I have not tried the guided tours but visited several of the places referred to here, I would say the guided tour is the way to go if you just visit for a couple of days.

It is also OK to walk around Kanchanaburi town for a few hours, there is a good shopping centre with shirts and shoes, jeans and other items at prices way below BKK. You can then chill out at the pool in the afternoon at River Kwai or Felix resort with a couple of Singapore Gin Slings od Singahs, have a nice Boom-boom with GF after shower between 16:00 and 18:00 before enjoying a great dinner outdoor.

For a holiday these resorts are great with some sightseeing in the day.

Edited by Frank La Rue