IGNORED

Where can I find condos that rent for 2 months?

hiigara

I'll find the link my friend sent me later. You should be able to get something very nice for 7k baht per month, plus water and electric. She told me off on my last trip for paying 15k baht.

9 hours ago, hiigara said:

Is there a thai website for these types of short-rentals? I am interested in both Pattaya and Bangkok.

Yes it's called Air B and B 

• Like 1

I found this goldmine of a thread: 

It seems that a lot of these short term condos are on facebook (which I don't want to use), but it also seems that you can just walk up to most long-term condos advertised on propertyhub and ask if they have short term rates.

13 hours ago, Tchiowa said:

Yes it's called Air B and B 

I am used to airbnb in europe and US with rates being the same as hotels on booking.com . If the rate is going to be the same as an hotel then there is no financial advantage in renting monthly. I want a better deal than that.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, hiigara said:

Is there a thai website for these types of short-rentals? I am interested in both Pattaya and Bangkok.

Try Hipflat but you more or less get what you pay fore eg most of the cheapo rentals are equipped with a Thai style, rock hard madress etc

I rented from Airbnb then make a deal with the owner directly for next rental. The owner gives me $5 off per night plus a saving of $150 service fees from Airbnb. Total savings of $450 or 15000 baht for a 2 month rental here in Bangkok. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Go to the renthubthailand website.literaly hundreds of places in different locations and prices direct from the owner.

It's available in english or thai,just click the icon at the top if it comes up in thai 

I've used it for years for 2-3 month visits all over thailand with zero issues.

I don't understand why more people don't use it.

Way better than air BnB or local commission driven property agents.

• 1 month later...

I just spent 30 minutes on rent hub looking for a 2 month rental in central pattaya and found exactly 0 options. All were for 6 months at a minimum, no filter to remove those. Fail!

Then I spent another 30 mins on bkk condo and had exactly the same problem. Sent out a dozen messages, all replied with 6 or 12 month lease minimums. Fail!

The Dancewaters page (and Honeys) has per-apartment calendars so you have to wade through dozens to find ones that are available during the stay period. Every one that checked my boxes was already booked, and it took forever to determine all of that. Fail!

There has GOT to be a better way to do short term condo rentals!

Following the thread, planning to go next year for a month. I might visit Bangkok as well. 

What would you recommend for a month long stay in Pattaya? I might visit Bangkok as well. 

Does it worth the hassle to find a condo for a month? 

I just booked a condo for 3 months from the Goldstar Group, checking in end of this month. Send an inquiry through their website and the rest of the communications were through LINE.  Got a rate much better than airbnb so I am happy. (need to negotiate with them, don't just accept their quote at the beginning). Now is low season so negotiation is much easier to achieve. 

https://www.monthstayzthailand.com/

Edited by h.harris
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/07/2023 at 06:09, beanzor said:

I just spent 30 minutes on rent hub looking for a 2 month rental in central pattaya and found exactly 0 options. All were for 6 months at a minimum, no filter to remove those. Fail!

Then I spent another 30 mins on bkk condo and had exactly the same problem. Sent out a dozen messages, all replied with 6 or 12 month lease minimums. Fail!

The Dancewaters page (and Honeys) has per-apartment calendars so you have to wade through dozens to find ones that are available during the stay period. Every one that checked my boxes was already booked, and it took forever to determine all of that. Fail!

There has GOT to be a better way to do short term condo rentals!

Bit late but if you want to get a 2 month rental on rent hub you need to look at the short term let section.most places  are on a monthly basis in that section of the site.