IGNORED

Applying for tourist or OA retirement visa

artinamerica

The Thai embassy says that -- when sending my paperwork to the embassy for my application for either the 60-day tourist visa, or an OA retirement visa, I have to include "return express mail with $17.50 postage on it".

Someone that has done this, please tell me what the heck they mean by this?

Is it a folded, slim, cardboard express mail envelope, with that much postage, or is it a folded BOX, or WHAT?

How big of a container do I need to include this return item, along with my application paperwork?

Ican't find anything about this basic question anywhere -- I've searched all over for months and still don't know.

Can somebody that has done this, please explain what I need to do?

The embassy people can barely speak english, and are in too much of a hurry, too, to answer my question on the telephone.

Help?

SAE, Stamped addressed envelope large enough for your passport of course.

Is that what you did? And recieved only your passport in return? With $17.50 postage? Jeez.

But that doesn't explain why it needs $17.50 postage, which implies something more than just an envelope. That is what is confusing. Maybe postage is higher than I thought for overnite.

It seems to suggests somnething more substantial than a self-addressed stamped envelope just big enough for a passport.

The $17.50 is for USPS next day priority mail. I went to the local post office and got a priority mail envelope and self addressed it. Then because it was so big I used a larger USPS next day envelope and put the royal Thai embassy address on it. Cost around $4.95 to mail it this but did not have to fold the priority envelope to fit. Larger envelopes normally cost more to mail anyway. Can also get confirmation of deleivery too this way.

Taoism: sh*t happens

Buddhism: if sh*t happens, it isn't really sh*t

Islam: if sh*t happens, it is the will of Allah

Catholicism: if sh*t happens, you deserve it

Judaism: why does this sh*t always happen to us?

Atheism: I don't believe this sh*t

The $17.50 is for USPS next day priority mail. I went to the local post office and got a priority mail envelope and self addressed it. Then because it was so big I used a larger USPS next day envelope and put the royal Thai embassy address on it. Cost around $4.95 to mail it this but did not have to fold the priority envelope to fit. Larger envelopes normally cost more to mail anyway. Can also get confirmation of deleivery too this way.

Thnak you! That's exactly what I needed to know.