Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Compensation for mistreatment?

chenposeb

Hi, just wondering what the chances are of getting some form of compensation from the airline if they mess up your travel arangements due to gender issues.

My partner is a LB, and I am stuck in UK unable to bring her back. She was due back today from BKK to LHR.

We just got a ticket from Jet airlines so it stops in Mumbai on the way over to LHR.

When in Mumbai the airline refused to let her board her connecting flight because she looks like a woman, but her passport is that of a man.

To cut a long story short, they have since told her she can board another flight that leaves 12 hours later but have not offered her any water or food for the entire wait. The delay was due to their not allowing her on the flight while they checked the details. Although there was nothing wrong with the details or her passport, there must be some form of compensation or someone I could complain to about this.

Let me know, thankyou.

Not trying to give you legal advice or anything, as I'm in no way a lawyer. But is sounds like you might want to consult one.

[email protected]

Airport Pickups/Dropoffs & Adventure Tours

cheekys fkrs not into lbs my self but what ever a persons gender they are still a person! hope you make em pay m8.

To Add: Since it was an international incident, I'm pretty sure it all depends where the flight flies out of (the home country). So I'm not too sure what a UK lawyer can do. But he would definitely be able to point you in the right direction for this particular international incident. So you wuold have to find Laws, Rules and Regulations of the home Country of this flight, (I don't know where Jet Airlines is out of.. India??) to find out if they have laws inplace to protect against discrimination.

msg-16802-1244750478.jpg

How to resize your Photo's

I live my life like I type. Fast and with a lot of mistakes. ©

Shoot me an Email

The first thing I would do, if I was in your place, would be to write the airline, attention the CEO by name, with all details of the occurance. State that if they don't offer compensation to you for the mistreatment, you reserve the right to consult your lawyer.

They may make you an offer that you can't refuse.

Good luck to you and your friend mate.

IMO, I would contact the media of the countries involved and make them aware of the situation. In this day and age with businesses struggling to make money bad publicity will hurt them. I wish you luck and keep us posted on the results, whichever way you decide to proceed.

May the best of your past, be the worst of your future.

The first thing I would do, if I was in your place, would be to write the airline, attention the CEO by name, with all details of the occurance. State that if they don't offer compensation to you for the mistreatment, you reserve the right to consult your lawyer.

They may make you an offer that you can't refuse.

Good luck to you and your friend mate.

Stating attention of the CEO would not do anything. It will never go that high up and will be handled by normal office staff.

I also don't think you should be wasting your time and money contacting solicitors for their opinion (unless you have some friends who work in the legal profession). First thing would be to contact preferably via phone than email/ letter the airline making your feelings known about the situation. Hopefully, they will realise their error and offer you a goodwill gesture to compensate. However, I expect that they will try and brush it off as a security issue and stating that they needed to be sure it was the person in question whilst hightlighting the heightened security environment.

If they stopped her because she doesnt look the same as her passport photo, then they have every right to do so.... if they stopped her because she looks like a woman but is documented as a man but looks the same as the passport photo, then I think that is wrong.

Stating attention of the CEO would not do anything. It will never go that high up and will be handled by normal office staff.

I also don't think you should be wasting your time and money contacting solicitors for their opinion (unless you have some friends who work in the legal profession). First thing would be to contact preferably via phone than email/ letter the airline making your feelings known about the situation. Hopefully, they will realise their error and offer you a goodwill gesture to compensate. However, I expect that they will try and brush it off as a security issue and stating that they needed to be sure it was the person in question whilst hightlighting the heightened security environment.

yep spot on minty

sorry but that bit about

"reserving the right to consult a lawyer"

from pps's post made me laugh.

your partner should have made some noise at that time about fair treatment

beyond that read minty again

Member since Dec 06.

If they stopped her because she doesnt look the same as her passport photo, then they have every right to do so.... if they stopped her because she looks like a woman but is documented as a man but looks the same as the passport photo, then I think that is wrong.

If they allow somebody to land without valid travel documents, the airline is subject to a fairly significant fine by the local authorities. Doesn't make the innocent traveler feel any better, but that may be the explanation.