IGNORED

Qatar Airways requiring proof of Covid vaccine ?

JimmiFlorida

I received an email this morning from Qatar Airways stating to check my travel requirements for my March 28th flight out of Miami. In this email is a link to travel requirements. There's a section stating:

• Travelers over the age of 18 years must present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or a doctor’s certificate stating recovery from COVID-19 within 180 days.

• Those without vaccination must also provide a doctor's certificate explaining why they were not vaccinated.

I've read so much information stating proof of vaccination is not required. I hope this info has not yet been updated on Qatar's webpage. I never got the vaccine, never trusted it, never needed it. I have proof (blood work) that I carry the Covid antibodies. Flying around here in the States I never had to show proof of a Covid vaccine.

Any input?

I spoke with a supervisor at Qatar and she informed me the Covid travel requirements apply to the country of origin and not the airline. So, it's my understanding that, as of October 2022, Thailand has no requirements regarding Covid related documentation. I can relax.

I flew with Qatar from Dublin to Bkk on 30 th January , returned on 3 rd March , never asked me for vaccination certificate even though I never had any vaccination. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JimmiFlorida said:

Thailand has no requirements regarding Covid related documentation

As I read, atm, it is required for people from China, India and some African contries

No more from USA or Europe

I took the document with me in case, but never had to show it with Emirates

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, jocky king said:

I flew with Qatar from Dublin to Bkk

I've never flown with Qatar. I've read they are the best international airline in the world; 5 stars regarding service, comfort, food, and so on. Will they be okay if I down a few drinks on the way (I don't get stupid drunk)? It's a long flight from Miami.

22 minutes ago, JimmiFlorida said:

I've never flown with Qatar. I've read they are the best international airline in the world; 5 stars regarding service, comfort, food, and so on. Will they be okay if I down a few drinks on the way (I don't get stupid drunk)? It's a long flight from Miami.

I don’t know about the drink , cos I don’t drink anymore . Sorry . I see few bars open in airport , I’m sure you can . Enjoy the trip . 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, JimmiFlorida said:

The staff on my flights were great. But I was at the pointy end. on the A380 leg the bar was open all flight. My glass was never empty. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SlowlyMan said:

the A380 leg the bar was open all flight

WOW, a bar on the A380? I thought bars on aircraft were a luxury of the 1970s on the Boeing 747. My dad used to tell me about them. I'll be on a Boeing 777-300ER for both legs of my flight; no bar. I wish it had a bar. I get body aches if I'm sitting for too long; I have to walk around, and prefer to stand. I feel like I'm being a nuisance to the flight staff when asking for a beer.

B747Bar.jpg

1 hour ago, JimmiFlorida said:

I’m not sure I’d say they are the best, but the airport in Doha is quite nice. The indoor garden is pretty impressive, but I find the restaurant selections to be a bit sub par compared to other international airports.  Also, they seem quite proud of their giant teddy bear sculpture, which seems half finished to me. 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've probably flown them more than any other airline. They are pretty good, and Doha is one of my fav airports. But I use them mostly due to cost and convenience (2 x 7 hr flights suits me better than a 1 hr flight followed by a 12-13 hour marathon). Staff are friendly and service is good, seats comfortable enough and entertainment decent.

Like all airlines tho, the food is only edible on your outbound journey (when you're excited and everything feels great and novel) but reality kicks in on your return journey when you realise its worse than hospital food. 

• Haha 2

I just flew via Qatar (I arrived today), Chicago - Doha - Phuket. They did not ask anything about covid. I had yellow curry with chicken and chicken pad thai. Both were edible. 

I don't drink much when flying but asked for a beer with dinner. I was handed a small plastic cup 1/2 full. I asked for the can and was told they are not allowed to do so. Maybe because I was in economy? 

Happy travels!

• 2 weeks later...

Flew Qatar March 17th retuning April 10th - no issues at all. Nothing required RE covid at all.

3rd flight with them to LOS since July, everything about them class in my opinion.