IGNORED

Sent my computer from Europe

Rizbow

Hey there, 

I hope it's the right forum to ask. As i plan to stay long term, is it possible to sent my computer and stuff from Germany to Thailand? 

I read that you are not allowed to sent used computers into Thailand? Is that right? 

Could i tell my friend to take everything out of the case and just sent the parts? I could buy a new case here. And i want my monitor which is bough new for 600€ 2 month before i went to Thailand. But that seems kind a risky. 

Or would it be better to try and sell everything over there and get buy a new laptop or computer over here.

How about small parts like my headset, keyboard and mouse which have a value off 400€? 

Any help appreciated thanks guys 

I wouldn't risk the hassle of shipping as I think it will cost more overall. I bought a large suitcase recently just for traveling with a PC. In my case, I took my computer parts (mouse, headset, mech. keyboard, wires, plugs, GPU, CPU, MB, etc.) and only my 27 inch monitor inside of it because I was a few centimeters off with the case and had to rush to catch a flight (failed planning).

I arrived in Thailand and had no issues at Don Mueang airport as they treated it like any other luggage but maybe its because I didn't have the case but then again I heard monitors can get duties but I guess not. 

Next time I plan on traveling with a brand new case/PC but probably mini ATX or for a fact I know I'll have at least 2 large monitors (24/27 or 27/27in) if anything.

But yeah, you can buy a new case here with similar pricing in the West so you don't have to take it. I sort of did the calculations if I was to pay duty tax on everything which is around 10-15% from the total new parts pricing. If it were true then the shipping vs shipping + duties when it got here wouldn't be worth it. Better to just pay for extra baggage allowance.

Everything in moderation.....

There is no import ban of computers into Thailand. Like J0n wrote, you may have to pay duty tax if declare it or get caught (unlikely).