IGNORED

Orange phone

masonwestgb

hi , i got pay monthly orange phone here in uk, i thought when i got to thai i could get a true sim card and that would work , as true is part of orange, so wouldt have to get phone unlocked, but i just been told get a 2nd phone in bkk and use, any help pleaseeeeeeeeeeee lol

perhaps some1 could post the dummies guide to thai mobiles ,

You can have your phone unlocked. Go to Mahboonkrong if you are in Bangkok or Tuk com if you are in Pattaya. If you want a new phone you can pick up a brand new basic model for less than B1,000.

Im on orange in the UK but never tried a thai sim in my phone just assumed it wouldnt work (had a vodaphone 1 and had to get it unlocked), far easier to get yourself a cheapy unlocked phone that you dont mind losing than losing your UK phone, I replied to an earlier post today saying that id just bought a dual sim card holder £3 off ebay, I dont know what they re like but sound ok, you can just switch from one sim to the other so they rekkon plus saves carrying 2 phones about. adi

Money Can't Buy Life Robert Nesta Marley

Im on orange too mate, just pop a one2call sim in it and it woks no problem.. no need to get it unlocked :ShitHappens1:

BigVern39 i care to differ mate,just got back form patts in Jan also on Orange contract bought a One 2 One sim and had to have my phone unblocked as it didnt work,maybe because i just got the phone(Oct 2008)? went to Tops on the 2nd floor and paid 600bt to unblock and they even topped up my mobile with credit i bought?after that i had no problems got back to UK popped in my Orange sim and worked fine :rolleyes:

bn_a9af05a531.png

83BA18A0A1256CD8952782571319741A.png

BigVern39 i care to differ mate,just got back form patts in Jan also on Orange contract bought a One 2 One sim and had to have my phone unblocked as it didnt work,maybe because i just got the phone(Oct 2008)? went to Tops on the 2nd floor and paid 600bt to unblock and they even topped up my mobile with credit i bought?after that i had no problems got back to UK popped in my Orange sim and worked fine :Thanks3:

It might depend on what kind of phone you`ve got, whether is tri band or quad band, me old samsung d600 fired up straight away, no need for any tampering with it..