IGNORED

TRT Thailand But What Happens When you Go Home?

Fred Basset

I'll be visiting Thailand this summer for 2+ months.  I am in my early 50s, had a couple of testo tests, and I am told my Testo levels are "average", my score is 17 out of 35 (on the measurement scale used in Europe). In my country, Ireland, there is absolute no way a doctor will give me TRT, I have asked several times, and have been told not a chance. In general the medical sector is very conservative here. I do have all the signs of middle aged low T. 

I see there's TRT Clinics in Pattaya.  If I decided to get TRT at a Pattaya clinic over my 2 months visit his summer, what would happen when I return home. Do the Thai TRT clinics, since I'd be under treatment there, and would have a couple of months in-person with them, be able to send me the TRT dosages via mail order when I return home?  

Has anyone come across and arrangement like that?

Obviously TRT is an ongoing thing, so no point on me doing it for just 2 months and then having to stop when I return home. 

Not sure, you would be better off emailing them and asking.

If not, there are plenty of sites where you can order testosterone to the UK, so I'm sure Ireland is the same.

Not sure about your laws but steroids here are legal to buy and use, only illegal to sell.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 23/02/2023 at 17:32, Fred Basset said:

I'll be visiting Thailand this summer for 2+ months.  I am in my early 50s, had a couple of testo tests, and I am told my Testo levels are "average", my score is 17 out of 35 (on the measurement scale used in Europe). In my country, Ireland, there is absolute no way a doctor will give me TRT, I have asked several times, and have been told not a chance. In general the medical sector is very conservative here. I do have all the signs of middle aged low T. 

I see there's TRT Clinics in Pattaya.  If I decided to get TRT at a Pattaya clinic over my 2 months visit his summer, what would happen when I return home. Do the Thai TRT clinics, since I'd be under treatment there, and would have a couple of months in-person with them, be able to send me the TRT dosages via mail order when I return home?  

Has anyone come across and arrangement like that?

Obviously TRT is an ongoing thing, so no point on me doing it for just 2 months and then having to stop when I return home. 

I am from Ireland and in similar situation. I spoke with my doctor a few years ago. He said now way. Referred me to some sex councillor. A fucking joke. There is a place in Dublin that does TRT. 

6 hours ago, Shamrocksam said:

I am from Ireland and in similar situation. I spoke with my doctor a few years ago. He said now way. Referred me to some sex councillor. A fucking joke. There is a place in Dublin that does TRT. 

Yes that place is in Bray but I heard they only give TRT if one has very low levels. 

The Irish medical sector prefers to see men in misery with their backward attitudes to TRT.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have just been offered a testosterone jab. I was told it would last about three weeks. This would be without any tests beforehand or bloods.

I'm off to Thailand for a month at the end of July. I'm thinking about this offer as I expect it might enhance my holiday. I'm 60 years old and in good health. What's the worst that could happen if I had a jab before I went out and possibly a booster halfway through my month in Pattaya?

I'd appreciate some input.

It depends where you live and the laws of the country you reside in. 

This is prescription medicine in most countries and its a controlled schedule 3/4 drug in most cases. Your clinic in Thailand will give you a supply of meds for a period of time until your next return. However you may have some issues taking your meds back if you take too much. For example in Aus you cant ever return with more than 3 months supply of anything, not even insulin. 

Ideally you want to find a local doctor in your home country who will prescribe TRT for you too. You could take your thai prescription and treatment plan, and then find a local doctor who will agree to maintain it. Your best bet in your home country is to find the mens health clinics and doctors who specialize in this treatment. The average doctor just does not know much about it. So its going to require some coordination and effort. 

11 minutes ago, Punter said:

I have just been offered a testosterone jab. I was told it would last about three weeks. This would be without any tests beforehand or bloods.

I'm off to Thailand for a month at the end of July. I'm thinking about this offer as I expect it might enhance my holiday. I'm 60 years old and in good health. What's the worst that could happen if I had a jab before I went out and possibly a booster halfway through my month in Pattaya?

I'd appreciate some input.

The problem with this is that when you return home and you stop taking these meds, there is going to be a crash. When you replace your natural production with synthetic, you shut your natural production down. It can take a long time to recover, that is unless you take medication to speed up that recovery process. This is why bodybuilders take meds like clomid or HCG to kick their natural production into gear again. 

It actually takes a few weeks to feel the effects anyway. And generally you would be looking at multiple injections a week to keep your levels even rather than blasting huge amounts like that. Im amazed how many docs in the west are still administering this stuff with such long intervals inbetween still. 

If your doc is putting you onto test permanently though then sure, no problem. 

I recently had this discussion with a Doc at Bangkok hospital and Back here at home.  Both were adamant at 60 They don't recommend it. The doc back home indicated there is a significant increase in Prostate cancer with supplementation.  As well as a plethora of other health risks. She indicated bloodwork needs to be done regularly.

The Bangkok doc focused more on the science. All the different hormones and glands involved. He said the body wants the level it wants. If you add extra the natural system will shut down. When you stop supplementing, your body may or may not start producing again.

Combined, they convinced me it was a bad idea.

Thanks for your comments both. I consider it every now and again then decide it's not worth it. I don't have low testosterone so why meddle now. The risks and downsides just seem to outweigh the pros.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SlowlyMan said:

I recently had this discussion with a Doc at Bangkok hospital and Back here at home.  Both were adamant at 60 They don't recommend it. The doc back home indicated there is a significant increase in Prostate cancer with supplementation.  As well as a plethora of other health risks. She indicated bloodwork needs to be done regularly.

The Bangkok doc focused more on the science. All the different hormones and glands involved. He said the body wants the level it wants. If you add extra the natural system will shut down. When you stop supplementing, your body may or may not start producing again.

Combined, they convinced me it was a bad idea.

This has proven to be categorically not true, and those doctors are not up to date on the current literature. Benign prostate enlargement is a problem that can occur, but there is no actual literature that correlates exogenous testosterone supplementation with increased incidence of prostate malignancy. 

More recent literature showing the positives in many facets of health within non- bodybuilding levels of Test and excluding obviously the other compounds they take. 

• 4 weeks later...

I've been on TRT since I was 18.

1. I think a lot of people romanticise TRT too much. There is definitely drawbacks. 

2. Most endo's really do seem to have such a limit understanding of this stuff. Some of the things that come out of their mouths is a joke, and I'm not talking about flawed / outdated science.  Even in a very well educated country like Australia. 

For most people. TRT is not going to be as amazing as most people say, but it's certainty not ad bad as most doctors will say.

2 hours ago, bhthai said:

I've been on TRT since I was 18.

1. I think a lot of people romanticise TRT too much. There is definitely drawbacks. 

2. Most endo's really do seem to have such a limit understanding of this stuff. Some of the things that come out of their mouths is a joke, and I'm not talking about flawed / outdated science.  Even in a very well educated country like Australia. 

For most people. TRT is not going to be as amazing as most people say, but it's certainty not ad bad as most doctors will say.

Your right about the endocrinologist in Australia,went to see one last week,refused me TRT ,told me to exercise more.

My levels were under 200,also said something strange to me I didn't understand,he said forget checking the "free testereone" it means nothing?

Edited by oldmanemu53
  • Like 1

On 29/04/2023 at 04:00, oldmanemu53 said:

Your right about the endocrinologist in Australia,went to see one last week,refused me TRT ,told me to exercise more.

My levels were under 200,also said something strange to me I didn't understand,he said forget checking the "free testereone" it means nothing?

Google Dr Zetner he is from Perth but does/did monthly visits to Melbourne and Sydney.  Knows his stuff as been a "hormone" doctor for 40 years and travels the world doing seminars. 

• Thanks 1

Go and see a TRT doctor,i use Dr Oliver a Swiss doctor and he will write you a legal prescription to take TRT with you,make sure you ask him to up the dose on the prescription so you can take more back than you should

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, CamelToe said:

Go and see a TRT doctor,i use Dr Oliver a Swiss doctor and he will write you a legal prescription to take TRT with you,make sure you ask him to up the dose on the prescription so you can take more back than you should

Do you know if it's ok to take back into Australia?

I would be careful about trying to start on trt for such short term without being able to continue treatment, specifically the constant blood work that is required in the beginning to monitor levels and find what's right for you.

• Like 1

On 03/05/2023 at 22:23, oldmanemu53 said:

Do you know if it's ok to take back into Australia?

You can take back just about any drug as long as you have a valid doctors prescription to cover 30 days usage of it

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Another interesting thread on this site.  Just about anything I have read, and in discussions with doctors where I work says...dont.   Unless your score is abnormally low.   Concentrating on fitness, particularly weights, can help immensely. 

• Like 1

On 29/04/2023 at 04:00, oldmanemu53 said:

I have a mate who saw a recent pic of on FB and wanted to know if i was on steroids,i told him it was just TRT,he went to his local doctor in Australia for a Testosterone check for his levels and the doctor refused to even give him the blood test

I told him to get independent blood checks and pay for it,his levels came back 110 which is extremley low

Australian doctors are useless 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CamelToe said:

I have a mate who saw a recent pic of on FB and wanted to know if i was on steroids,i told him it was just TRT,he went to his local doctor in Australia for a Testosterone check for his levels and the doctor refused to even give him the blood test

I told him to get independent blood checks and pay for it,his levels came back 110 which is extremley low

Australian doctors are useless 

He will have to use a testereone clinic usually run by doctors of middle eastern background and pay over $2000 for 6 months supply which costs $120 usually 

12 hours ago, oldmanemu53 said:

He will have to use a testereone clinic usually run by doctors of middle eastern background and pay over $2000 for 6 months supply which costs $120 usually 

Yes but they dont do injections

5 hours ago, CamelToe said:

Yes but they dont do injections

They send it out by Australia Post after doctor telephone consultant

You have to self inject into bum which is difficult, I had to ask my friend to do it 

Edited by oldmanemu53

austeroids.is is the company you can use to get genuine test at normal cost in Australia but you need to know how to use Bitcoin ive used them during covid for my supply,but i had to get a mate to do the Bitcoin payment for me as it's tricky

• 4 weeks later...

Why not just load up before you go home? I would imagine the dose you would take would be very low. 1 ml of test goes a long way. And you can inject with insulin syringe. Easy peasy. 

1 hour ago, Bnobee said:

Why not just load up before you go home? I would imagine the dose you would take would be very low. 1 ml of test goes a long way. And you can inject with insulin syringe. Easy peasy. 

Hard to get into Australia without a Australian doctor prescribed prescription.

Also guys you do need a anti Estrogen medication that stop the growing of breasts whilst taking testereone