IGNORED

EVA or Thai?

masonwestgb

hi all,

need a little advice,

ive had to cancel my trip for april, but rebookin for may , i notice the eva flight is cheaper then thai air, so has any1 got any experence of eva, how do they compare upto thai air, am flyon from heathrow, or should i just pay the extra and go with thai air,

I'm facing the same decision for my next trip.

Thai seem to have dropped in price all of a sudden.

I've flown eva 4 times before. They are pretty reasoanble.

You get an ok seat, selectable films and games to play.

Service is pretty reasonable.

Nouthing that special.

But i've flown on much worse.

Never tried thai.

I've heard people say they are going downhill, but have no evidence to back that up.

I have flown on both and would go for EVA. I am going again in November and could have gone with either airline and I chose EVA. Better entertainment available on EVA and eveything else is similar i.e. food and service. Plus EVA is usually cheaper.

Eva are much better than Thai air, new planes and better inflight entertaintment, may change when Thai get an A380 to replace the crapy 747 they have.

Cheers,

DIRTY

Click Here To Help Pattaya Orphans

jizzflicker "I just wanna fill a wheel barrow up with jizz and tip it all over her head, while her sister spanks her with a dildo"

Bryan "What Colours your Dog"

LaaMok "I was bored once and had time to waste. i decided to try and unload without touching myself or rubbing, i think about 4 hours later, the yogurt truck crashed."

thanks guys for views,

but couldt wait just had to book it

went for thai,

wish i would of waited shitttttt and went eva

but fxxx it lol get there 15 may couple days bkk 1st

any1 about then,

EVA Air is the best airline flying direct out of London at the moment.

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

I have flown with both, if prices were the same I would go for Eva -------- but very little difference apart from newer planes on Eva Air.

hi all,

need a little advice,

ive had to cancel my trip for april, but rebookin for may , i notice the eva flight is cheaper then thai air, so has any1 got any experence of eva, how do they compare upto thai air, am flyon from heathrow, or should i just pay the extra and go with thai air,

eve air i have to say pissed me right off,when i came home in january they never returned my bag for a week and my gold chain was take out off my case yes my fault for not having a lock,but the flight is very good seats loads of room and service good,i would travel again with them,,,,,,even though they never returned my bag for a week these thing do happen all in all they are a very good direct airline

thanks guys for views,

but couldt wait just had to book it

went for thai,

wish i would of waited shitttttt and went eva

but fxxx it lol get there 15 may couple days bkk 1st

any1 about then,

im flying thai on the 7may and ill be there for a month! so if you fancy a pint let me know.

:001_Sawasdee:

Flown with EVA twice in recent years. OK, but I don't rate the service very much. I'm in economy yes, but please don't treat me like a leper! I'm booked with Thai this Jun and I'll be able to make a comparable. I would gladly go with EVA again though. Last time I flew with Qatar and liked it (apart from the stop; Doha's a shit hole). They had little stickers to put on your headrest on whether you wanted to be woken up for food/drink etc. Worked well.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

I don't know about the equipment being used on the EU runs. On the west coast US, EVA is quite popular. The economy plus (Evergreen Class) features not only more legroom, but also a larger seat. (previous generation bizclass seat) Royal Thai appears to only have a few 747s on lease at the moment. I don't understand how they can run fewer flights to/from US and run seemingly lesser equipment unless the newer planes were leased from somewhere else and returned. It could be they are cash strapped, updating planes en masse or awaiting delivery on new planes (either A340 or A380).

So the service isn't anything to write home about, but the decent airline for best bang for the buck.

Another thought: Rumor has it that EVA is about to join star alliance. That's big for the US as it gives us another option instead of United. I would assume it has similar impact for those SA members in EU.

Have flown both and will never fly EVA again. They do the bare minimum to ensure they keep their jobs in my opinion, and I was on Evergreen Class. From this side of the pond for me it is

CATHAY all the way!!! Works for me

May the best of your past, be the worst of your future.

I don't know about the equipment being used on the EU runs. On the west coast US, EVA is quite popular. The economy plus (Evergreen Class) features not only more legroom, but also a larger seat. (previous generation bizclass seat) Royal Thai appears to only have a few 747s on lease at the moment. I don't understand how they can run fewer flights to/from US and run seemingly lesser equipment unless the newer planes were leased from somewhere else and returned. It could be they are cash strapped, updating planes en masse or awaiting delivery on new planes (either A340 or A380).

So the service isn't anything to write home about, but the decent airline for best bang for the buck.

Another thought: Rumor has it that EVA is about to join star alliance. That's big for the US as it gives us another option instead of United. I would assume it has similar impact for those SA members in EU.

Arbiez: I've gotta agree with you. Eva 'Deluxe' is the best deal going. Years ago I didn't think it was worth upgrading to Biz. Now, in Biz, I think they're top notch. I've never flown them Econ. It seems the seat room has been reduced since they moved Deluxe-Elite back from the bulkhead. They've got Biz & 1st up there now. I've taken Thai in Biz, HKG-BKK 4 or 5 times and they were every bit as good as Sing (which I flew SFO-HKG). I've never taken their Premier Econ, but I've been told it's pretty good. Let's all pray for the Star Alliance deal. wj

Eva is okay for the most part. The one exception was a nasty old combination 747 a couple of years ago on the Seattle-Taipei leg. They may not fly them any more. Low seat back so I couldn't sleep. The earphone jacks in the armrest didn't work so I couldn't listen to the movie and was told to turn the reading light off because of the movie. I was about ready to stand up for 8 hours but the flight attendant found a very kind soul in an exit rown who was willing to change seats with the big old guy. I figured out that they were changing to a 777 before the return flight. Otherwise, I was prepared to drop serious money to avoid a similar experience. But even at that, I prefer Korean or China Air (no longer an option from Seattle).

I think the LHR-BKK route for Thai and Eva now use 747s.

If i remember correctly Eva have individual IFE, Thai do not.

I would have gone with Eva.

My last flight LHR-BKK was with Thai and they stopped and changed the movies before they had finished.

Not a problem for me, but i heard one guy complaining.

I've only flown with Thai airways once from LHR - BKK, never again.

The most boring 12 hours I've ever spent on a plane.

I just can't sleep when I'm in the air so rely on the IFE onboard, and all Thai air had to offer were three sh**e films, couldn't even watch them properly as the monitor in our aisle was faulty. Didn't think much of the hostesses either...

If you want something done properly, do it yourself..

I've flown on each of them about 3 or 4 times each.

When I've had the choice I have chosen EVA, as the Inflight entertainment was much better, ie interactive, individual screens meaning I can watch what I want when I want.

The rest of the service, not much difference in my experience, although nearly everyone I talk to say how the 'service' is much better with Thai.

I've flown on each of them about 3 or 4 times each.

When I've had the choice I have chosen EVA, as the Inflight entertainment was much better, ie interactive, individual screens meaning I can watch what I want when I want.

The rest of the service, not much difference in my experience, although nearly everyone I talk to say how the 'service' is much better with Thai.

How's Thai's Premier Econ compared to Eva Deluxe ? I'm thinking of taking Thai's direct flight from LAX-BKK since I'm going to have to be in LA about the time of my LOS trip and I can pile up some more Star Alliance miles. Thanks gentlemen; wj

How's Thai's Premier Econ compared to Eva Deluxe ? I'm thinking of taking Thai's direct flight from LAX-BKK since I'm going to have to be in LA about the time of my LOS trip and I can pile up some more Star Alliance miles. Thanks gentlemen; wj

I've got absolutely no idea I'm affraid, only have basic economy seats in both.

The only thing I know regarding other seats is how nice the expensive seats look, as most times I've been getting on the plane I've had to walk past them to get to mine....

I have flown both Thai 4 times and Eva 1 time from lhr to bkk

Eva as everybody say has better inflight entertainment but I live in belfast and have to stay in london overnight on my return leg. Needless to say they forgot to book me and 3 others on flight into hotel and was 3am before I got somewhere to stay so that was it with them

Thai 747 to bkk has no entertainment on back of seat just overhead screens, I hear this will change with new airbus. Generally though the seats are better, the food is better and now they are cheaper. Not stingy with booze either.

For direct I think Thai win everytime.

Other airlines I have flown Quantas and BA. Never again

hi

forget Eva and Thai if you are quick you can book Quantas from LHR cheaper than both of them i have just got it through Thompsons (in most town centres) for under 550 pounds going out 5-5-09 for 4mths good luck regards MANXMAN

I tried Thai on my first ever trip to BKK and the in-flight entertainment was agonising to deal with. Since then I took the plunge with EVA I have never looked back. For me, they are the best non-stop economy airline between LHR and BKK. Plus Eva always has much cheaper prices than Thai when I am booking my seat. I cannot remember what the food was like on Thai - so it couldn't have been bad. But no complaints about the food on Eva.

My only gripe with EVA is that economy passengers cannot accumulate air miles. (With Thai it was possible.) But that won't stop me booking future flights with them.

I always fly either "Evergreen deluxe" (EVA) or Premium Economy (Thai), LAX-BKK.

If comparing a Thai A340 flight with an EVA 777 flight, for me, Thai wins here on two counts.

1 - Direct flight to BKK, no stopover.

2 - Larger seat pitch on the A340, more legroom.

Thai is now considerably more expensive than EVA though. EVA quotes all-inclusive prices on the website, Thai prices have tax and surcharge added after you see the initial price.

If you are taking the EVA flight on one of their older 747's, then the legroom and seating is pretty spacious, the newer 777 has much less legroom than the older planes, just a little more than economy. However, if it weren't for the direct flights on Thai, I would probably go EVA every time because the ticket price is so much better. As long as I can get the direct flights though, I will try to get Thai flights.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enoughâ€

“If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?â€

Albert Einstein

I always fly either "Evergreen deluxe" (EVA) or Premium Economy (Thai), LAX-BKK.

If comparing a Thai A340 flight with an EVA 777 flight, for me, Thai wins here on two counts.

1 - Direct flight to BKK, no stopover.

2 - Larger seat pitch on the A340, more legroom.

Thai is now considerably more expensive than EVA though. EVA quotes all-inclusive prices on the website, Thai prices have tax and surcharge added after you see the initial price.

If you are taking the EVA flight on one of their older 747's, then the legroom and seating is pretty spacious, the newer 777 has much less legroom than the older planes, just a little more than economy. However, if it weren't for the direct flights on Thai, I would probably go EVA every time because the ticket price is so much better. As long as I can get the direct flights though, I will try to get Thai flights.

There is only a 45 minite layover in Taipei on the LAX to BKK flight on EVA. Hence, the direct flight is not really a major advantage for Thai Air.