IGNORED

Hua Hin/Pattaya Ferry

Griff64

I understand that this ferry service was suspended when Covid hit but now that things are getting back to normal is there any word about it being resumed in the future?

No word of resurrection that I’ve seen.  Believe it’s dead for the foreseeable future. 

8 hours ago, Leo_Bia said:

New twice daily bus service is starting up later this month.

Any more info on this new bus service ?

8 minutes ago, OKAY said:

Any more info on this new bus service ?

From ‘Hua Hin Today’:

🚌 𝗨𝗣𝗗𝗔𝗧𝗘: 𝗛𝘂𝗮 𝗛𝗶𝗻 - 𝗣𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗮𝘆𝗮 𝗯𝘂𝘀 𝘀𝗲𝗿𝘃𝗶𝗰𝗲 𝘁𝘄𝗶𝗰𝗲 𝗱𝗮𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗙𝗲𝗯 𝟭𝟵

The operators of the bus service between Hua Hin and Pattaya have announced the service will be twice daily from Feb 19.

𝗗𝗲𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗛𝘂𝗮 𝗛𝗶𝗻:
09:00 and 15:00

𝗗𝗲𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗣𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗮𝘆𝗮:
08:00 and 16:00

473 THB

Tickets can be bought in person from the counter at the bus station or via the website: https://airporthuahinbus.com/

𝗕𝗼𝗮𝗿𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗹𝗼𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀:

Hua Hin Bus Station: https://goo.gl/maps/mdUAc1sQJD6o3FT76

In front of Government Savings Bank, Cha-am: https://goo.gl/maps/J8vzeGVt4cDgcEfM8

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

14 minutes ago, davidge said:

From ‘Hua Hin Today’:

Great info. Looks like the journey time is about 5 hours and cost 473 baht.

only issue for some might be the conditions;

"All kinds of animal are not allowed on board except for assistance dog."

But I guess it's OK as long as you behave and only take your TG to help you as long as she is pretty!! 😀🤣

• Haha 1

That's a real shame as the ferry took 2.5 hours while the bus service takes 5 hours. Plus you got to take a boat ride across the gulf which is way cooler as a tourist than riding on a bus. Hopefully they start the ferry again at some point. 

Does anyone know if you can hire a private boat to take you across?

Scorpion befriends the frog to help him cross the river but stings him mid way. Before both drown, the frog asks why; scorpion quips "you knew I was a scorpion when you let me on your back...

12 hours ago, funtimedenver said:

That's a real shame as the ferry took 2.5 hours while the bus service takes 5 hours. Plus you got to take a boat ride across the gulf which is way cooler as a tourist than riding on a bus. Hopefully they start the ferry again at some point. 

If you have enough money anything is possible here.....

• 9 months later...
On 17/02/2023 at 01:58, Leo_Bia said:

I’ve been searching and searching for ways to get to Hua Hin and just found this, Leo you’re a legend! Thank you very much.

has anyone actually used this service & is it easy enough to purchase tickets at the bus station? Thank you 🙏 

8 hours ago, Lee321 said:

I’ve been searching and searching for ways to get to Hua Hin and just found this, Leo you’re a legend! Thank you very much.

has anyone actually used this service & is it easy enough to purchase tickets at the bus station? Thank you 🙏 

From what I am hearing, it's best to buy tickets beforehand nowadays.

On 09/02/2023 at 05:20, funtimedenver said:

Better be a BIG boat...the open water in a small boat for hours at speed is...you dont wanna repeat it.

IYKYK

42 minutes ago, Leo_Bia said:

From what I am hearing, it's best to buy tickets beforehand nowadays.

Cheers buddy 

Does anyone know if the “buses” are the big real buses or vans ?

5 hours cramped in a packed van would definitely suck.

An hour and a half going to the airport was bad (once).

Nams taxi ever since.  

I used the ferry to visit friends a couple of times and it was good.

the bus trip is also ok but they charged another 100 bht for my golf clubs, some local people were having trouble loading bags,and were charged for carriage ,but I have no idea how much.,the bus was comfortable ,and ran to time.

43 minutes ago, G_Money said:

Nams taxi ever since.  

Don’t known about from Pattaya, but from BKK it is a regular bus.  Agreed, the minivans and minibuses suck. 

For Hua Hin, I usually rent a car and drive myself - useful to have a vehicle there anyway for trips surrounding Hua Hin. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, momo5 said:

Don’t known about from Pattaya, but from BKK it is a regular bus.  Agreed, the minivans and minibuses suck. 

For Hua Hin, I usually rent a car and drive myself - useful to have a vehicle there anyway for trips surrounding Hua Hin. 

An obvious option for those who don't want to self drive would be a Nam's taxi to the Bangkok bus station where VIP busses to Hua Hin depart....

On 28/11/2023 at 15:48, Encora said:

An obvious option for those who don't want to self drive would be a Nam's taxi to the Bangkok bus station where VIP busses to Hua Hin depart....

Can you not get a VIP bus from Pattaya??

On 28/11/2023 at 09:22, G_Money said:

Nams taxi ever since.  

I was hoping to get a VIP bus from Pattaya, but never done it before so not sure 

5 hours ago, Lee321 said:

I was hoping to get a VIP bus from Pattaya, but never done it before so not sure 

I am a regular user of Bell Bus between BKK/Suvarnabhumi and Pattaya, 300 THB one-way.

Bus is big and comfortable, about 90 minutes from BKK to Pattaya bus station; change to minibus to the door of your hotel.

Web site has timetable etc.

Nams taxi costs about 1200 THB plus 200 tip. Bit quicker, direct between airport and hotel

On 08/02/2023 at 02:24, davidge said:

From ‘Hua Hin Today’:

The operators of the bus service between Hua Hin and Pattaya have announced the service will be twice daily from Feb 19.

𝗗𝗲𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗛𝘂𝗮 𝗛𝗶𝗻:
09:00 and 15:00

𝗗𝗲𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗣𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗮𝘆𝗮:
08:00 and 16:00

473 THB

Tickets can be bought in person from the counter at the bus station or via the website: https://airporthuahinbus.com/

𝗕𝗼𝗮𝗿𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗹𝗼𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀:

In front of Government Savings Bank, Cha-am: https://goo.gl/maps/J8vzeGVt4cDgcEfM8

Took this a few weeks ago.  It's a VIP bus with seats that I would say are similar size to business class on a plane.  It's only 3 seats per row so if you don't want anyone sitting beside you try reserve a seat on the left hand side.  Being able to buy a ticket and reserve a seat # online makes the process fairly painless.

20231109_085614 - Copy.jpg

Edited by Kale
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Kale said:

Took this a few weeks ago.  It's a VIP bus with seats that I would say are similar size to business class on a plane.  It's only 3 seats per row so if you don't want anyone sitting beside you try reserve a seat on the left hand side.  Being able to buy a ticket and reserve a seat # online makes the process fairly painless.

20231109_085614 - Copy.jpg

Looks decent! 👌