IGNORED

Thai E-Visa

Albax

Hi,

Has anyone applied for an E-Visa from the UK? I'm looking at applying for a 60 day visa, the process seems fairly straightforward, however there are a couple of documents that are required to  be downloaded which is confusing  as to what they are.

I wonder if there is anyone who can let me know what it is they're asking for ? ( I have tried contacting the embassy but not heard anything back)

• Declaration. ( no idea what this means)
  • Travel booking documents. ( would my flight ticket suffice or is it something else)

Many thanks to those more knowledgeable than me for any responses!! 

Albax.

I posted this a couple of months ago or so:

I was applying for the Non O ‘for Retirement’. I just followed the online instructions- though I had most documents etc ready on my iPad.

From memory, I uploaded:

1. Photo of details page of passport;

2. Headshot of myself taken on phone (when I submitted I got a warning that the photo might not be good enough but submitted it anyway and it was accepted);

3. Declaration form which appears during application- I printed it off, signed it and took photo;

4. My occupational pension statement. I’m too young for State Pension and the occupational pension amount isn’t very high;

5. I used a bank statement as proof of residence showing well over £10k in account, though I only uploaded one month;

6. No travel history so I wrote ‘None’ on a piece of paper and took a photo;

7. Photo of me holding passport;

8. Flight details - return flight 92 days after arrival;

9. hotel booking for first week;

10. Insurance that included 100k Covid. I was getting insurance anyway, used a Thai agent/broker and they provide a one page summary for me to upload;

11. Paid the £60 fee.

I did everything on my ipad and had no problems. Uploads each need to be less than 2mb but it’s easy to choose size of file on ipad. Some had to be jpg but PDF was ok for others.

I got the visa in about 3 days.

Hope it helps.

• Like 3

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• 1 year later...
On 08/02/2023 at 09:58, Albax said:

Thanks for that! gives me a better idea of what's involved!!

Cheers!!

I am also going to apply for this, I do have a question please, if my intended departure date is something like 10th January 2025 when should I apply for this? Do you think November would be the best time to apply?  How long does it take usually?

Also, does the 60 days start on the date of approval, or from the day of when I arrive in Bangkok, I find this bit a little confusing, I need to know as this informs my hotel booking and flight booking etc. I was told the 60 days starts from day 1 in Bangkok but not sure. 

One more thing, is it safe to use onwardtravel website to give me some 'fake' flights in order to do my visa, then i can book my actual hotels once it's approved

Also, when I do arrive in immigration what do i need to show them in order to get the 60 day stamp?

Thanks 

Edited by LEEMOD

1 minute ago, LEEMOD said:

I am also going to apply for this, I do have a question please, if my intended departure date is something like 10th January 2025 when should I apply for this? Do you think November would be the best time to apply?  How long does it take usually?

Also, does the 60 days start on the date of approval, or from the day of when I arrive in Bangkok, I find this bit a little confusing, I need to know as this informs my hotel booking and flight booking etc. I was told the 60 days starts from day 1 in Bangkok but not sure. 

Also, when I do arrive in immigration what do i need to show them in order to get the 60 day stamp?

Thanks 

The London Embassy usually processes them in a couple of days or so.

When it’s issued, you have 90 days in which to use it so November is fine for a January departure.

When you arrive in Thailand they stamp you in for 60 days.

You’ll get an email with the visa. Print it off and show it to immigration at the airport to make sure you get stamped for 60 days.

1 hour ago, davidge said:

When it’s issued, you have 90 days in which to use it so November is fine for a January departure.

You’ll get an email with the visa. Print it off and show it to immigration at the airport to make sure you get stamped for 60 days.

Same turnaround time for e-visa? Thanks so much that’s so helpful 

1 hour ago, davidge said:

Hi mate sorry one more thing, do I have to book flights and accommodation before I apply for the visa?

Would you book all this before or use something like onward travel to give you ‘fake’ flight details? Just never done this before.

10 hours ago, LEEMOD said:

Same turnaround time for e-visa? Thanks so much that’s so helpful 

The e-visa is processed by the Embassy in London, that’s what I was talking about.

10 hours ago, LEEMOD said:

Hi mate sorry one more thing, do I have to book flights and accommodation before I apply for the visa?

Would you book all this before or use something like onward travel to give you ‘fake’ flight details? Just never done this before.

They will ask for flights and accommodation as part of application. hotel booking for just first few nights will be fine.

52 minutes ago, davidge said:

The e-visa is processed by the Embassy in London, that’s what I was talking about.

They will ask for flights and accommodation as part of application. hotel booking for just first few nights will be fine.

thanks very much - what are the risks in booking all my flights and accomodation before applying for visa? My worry is I will book everything and something will go wrong. would you do this or perhaps use something like onward ticket?

44 minutes ago, LEEMOD said:

thanks very much - what are the risks in booking all my flights and accomodation before applying for visa? My worry is I will book everything and something will go wrong. would you do this or perhaps use something like onward ticket?

The London Embassy is pretty good. A lot less fussy than some. Even if you miss something on application they’ll just ask for more info not just refuse the visa. Honestly not heard of anyone who had a TR application rejected.

• Like 2

Just picked this up,

But agree with Davidge and his advice, just make sure you have all of your documents in a JPEG format when downloading, usually takes under a week to get the visa confirmed.

Print off your visa when you get it and present it to immigration when you arrive, one thing that is a  "must do: "check that immigration actually stamp you for 60 days, there have been occasions I've heard of where they have just issued a 30 day stamp by mistake SO CHECK!"

Any question just give us a shout!!

1 hour ago, Albax said:

Just picked this up,

But agree with Davidge and his advice, just make sure you have all of your documents in a JPEG format when downloading, usually takes under a week to get the visa confirmed.

Print off your visa when you get it and present it to immigration when you arrive, one thing that is a  "must do: "check that immigration actually stamp you for 60 days, there have been occasions I've heard of where they have just issued a 30 day stamp by mistake SO CHECK!"

Any question just give us a shout!!

Brilliant appreciate the advice 

I applied for my current e visa 0n a Monday at @ 2.30 p.m. and received the visa @ 21.45 same day. London embassy. 

Uploaded passport biodata page, photo, flight ticket, hotel booking for 2 nights and a document stating my name with uk address. 

I am planning to stay December and Januari. I am building a house now in Isan.

Also renting a condo in Pattaya. 

Is it possible to extend my tourist visa from 30to 60days in Isan,or do i need to go 

Jomtien?

18 minutes ago, willem8 said:

I am planning to stay December and Januari. I am building a house now in Isan.

Also renting a condo in Pattaya. 

Is it possible to extend my tourist visa from 30to 60days in Isan,or do i need to go 

Jomtien?

If you get a Tourist Visa before travelling then that gives you 60 days, which can be Extended by another 30 days if you want.

If you enter without a visa (Visa Exempt) then you get 30 days on entry which, again, can be extended by a further 30 days.

The extension can be done at any Immigration Office in Thailand. You should use the one where you are staying at the time and where you have been registered as staying (a TM30 should have been submitted).

If you are staying in a hotel in Isan then they should have registered you. If you are staying in someone’s home then the homeowner should have registered you.

15 minutes ago, davidge said:

If you get a Tourist Visa before travelling then that gives you 60 days, which can be Extended by another 30 days if you want.

If you enter without a visa (Visa Exempt) then you get 30 days on entry which, again, can be extended by a further 30 days.

The extension can be done at any Immigration Office in Thailand. You should use the one where you are staying at the time and where you have been registered as staying (a TM30 should have been submitted).

If you are staying in a hotel in Isan then they should have registered you. If you are staying in someone’s home then the homeowner should have registered you.

Thank you,thismakes it alot clearer

For those not yet aware, Australia starts using the E-visa system from 19 March.

I applied for a 60 day visa in UK on a Sunday morning, took me 30 minutes and £30, visa arrived on Friday, excellent service.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, davidge said:

For those not yet aware, Australia starts using the E-visa system from 19 March.

Has the price of those been announced yet, or is it still just NZ?

5 hours ago, Leo_Bia said:

Has the price of those been announced yet, or is it still just NZ?

I wouldn’t expect fees to change unless otherwise announced.

• 4 weeks later...
On 06/03/2024 at 00:35, davidge said:

Just applied on 27th March for 6 month multi entry. Hopefully I get it hasn't been approved yet. 

What have people been submitting for a METV? They only let you upload one return flight (when I last tried anyway)

2 hours ago, Gonetothedogs said:

What have people been submitting for a METV? They only let you upload one return flight (when I last tried anyway)

Been a few years since I had one. Do remember it's onward travel (not necessarily return) within 60 days. 

As I recall, the most annoying part was bank statement and info. The rest was pretty much like a SETV. 

Of course, embassies don't necessarily practice the same way. 

• Like 2

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png